Post-Game Talk: Requiem for the 2023 NHL Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Though if this were true I would think Hughes would say it but what if Michkov in the interview was like "I want to play in big market American city" and after hearing that they figured if they drafted him he might potentially just stay in the KHL?

my evidence? He went to New York before the draft, the most American city.

Anyways that's my theory.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That is not what I said.
I said we weren't taking him no matter what and he has to hit a lot of check marks to become a franchise player.
Get over it.
If you know someones gonna murder your mom months in advance, do you just accept the fact and move on from your mom?

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Though if this were true I would think Hughes would say it but what if Michkov in the interview was like "I want to play in big market American city" and after hearing that they figured if they drafted him he might potentially just stay in the KHL?

my evidence? He went to New York before the draft, the most American city.

Anyways that's my theory.
All Hughes has to say is that's what was said
Obviously he didnt

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Theres about as much chance of Michkov being Yakupov as there is of him being better than Gretzky. Would you call him Yakupov if he wasnt russian?

Your logic is dipping in poo.
Ah the race card LMAO....give me a break. Your evaluations are always way off, so we'll see like I said.

Reactions: Andrei79

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
LoL thats a mighty low evaluation !!
It's not even an evaluation, I said for all we know....that's the other problem with this place, you make things up as you go....

"Russian" is not a race, its a nationality. But yeah, you might suffer from russo-phobia.
Must be it...continue with your bad player evaluations and your picking fights on this site, you're part of the problem here and everyone knows it.

Reactions: Andrei79

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Well Guy Larose, you said Michkov could turn out like Yakupov. But the same could be said for Reinbacher, he could turn like Juolevi.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's not even an evaluation, I said for all we know....that's the other problem with this place, you make things up as you go....

Must be it...continue with your bad player evaluations and your picking fights on this site, you're part of the problem here and everyone knows it.
My bad player evaluations? You know I had Reinbacher 5th overall when everyone had him outaide the top 20? I was literally the first to hype him up on HFboards.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Well Guy Larose, you said Michkov could turn out like Yakupov. But the same could be said for Reinbacher, he could turn like Juolevi.
Wow, reading comprehension around here is weak...FOR ALL WE KNOW......want me to write it in another language for you? And yes, Reinbacher could, who knows, nobody knows right now. Not rocket science.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Interesting comments about the reaction fans had on social media. Seems to have really surprised management
This is rich is Dubois saying he couldn't handle the expectation. That was always going to be a distinct possibility. As for the rest they knew they were in a bad spot or they wouldn't have looked at trading up. Trading the pick might have helped mitigate some of the vitriol but it also confirms how much they liked Reinbacher.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
No one here is cruel to Reinbacher though. Can you show me a post where Reinbacher is bullied? Or is it on other social medias?

You say Michkov is not the Russian Crosby, and you seem very sure of that. Fine. I had the opposite conviction, so can you understand why I'm really pissed off at the brass, after 30 years of waiting for a player like that, still ~24 hrs in?

I don't know man. I condemn any hate towards Reinbacher, but how can you avoid the comparisons? A delicate situation.

Dude, all you've been doing the last 3 days is being over dramatic about Michkov. Seriously!

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
1688099648718.png

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
"Russian" is not a race, its a nationality. But yeah, you might suffer from russo-phobia.
We drafted a Russian in this draft. They didn’t pass on Michkov because he was Russian. They passed on him because he’s tiny, they would’ve had no control over his development over the next 3 years minimum, and there were questions about his character.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We drafted a Russian in this draft. They didn’t pass on Michkov because he was Russian. They passed on him because he’s tiny, they would’ve had no control over his development over the next 3 years minimum, and there were questions about his character.
What were these character issues?

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Nah, Reinbacher isn't Finnish, logic does not follow.
I dont like people whose comparable for a player are always people with the same nationality. Its stupid.

I’d rather compares players by their style of play. In this case it was bust for bust.

You cant play the card : michkov can bust. But not using the same stupid argument for the other player. If one can bust. The other one can too. Arguing for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad