Reminder that Rob Rossi is never, ever, ever to be taken seriously

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008

wasn't this in reference to him insisting that Sid or Geno will be traded?

He's a clown and should be treated as such.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Isn't this whole thread a personal attack? There aren't moderators on this the board there are narrative drivers based upon their own opinion. So we have editors not moderators. And that's bad if you disagree with their opinions.

It isn't right.

• Wow
Reactions: Factorial

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Isn't this whole thread a personal attack? There aren't moderators on this the board there are narrative drivers based upon their own opinion. So we have editors not moderators. And that's bad if you disagree with their opinions.

It isn't right.
A lesson on personal attacks from someone who exists only to bash a hockey player on the internet.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

It isn't right.
Rossi is a semi-public figure at the very least. His actions and his work are fair game for criticism. If he doesn’t like it, he can find another line of work. Is that simple enough for you?

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Rossi is a semi-public figure at the very least. His actions and his work are fair game for criticism. If he doesn’t like it, he can find another line of work. Is that simple enough for you?

Ok fair enough. Explain to me why a thread questioning the power play is not worthy for hockey discussion when this hockey adjacent, worthless thread is worthy?

Explain to me how the puppet strings are being pulled here?

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
Dumb question. Is it just me, or does there appear to be more of teams hiring a new head coach while retaining a prior assistant? I bring this up here because when the Penguins got rid of Bylsma, one of Rossi's points was that the Penguins wanted the next head coach to bring in Tocchet.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Ok fair enough. Explain to me why a thread questioning the power play is not worthy for hockey discussion when this hockey adjacent, worthless thread is worthy?

Probably has something to do with the entire premise of your thread just being another one of your thinly-veiled bash Geno fests? Which is fine. But you already do that with almost every post you make anyway…so what’s the point of making a thread to do it?

My unsolicited advice to you would be to change up your shtick every now and then. Or go ahead and make your own website.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Probably has something to do with the entire premise of your thread just being another one of your thinly-veiled bash Geno fests? Which is fine. But you already do that with almost every post you make anyway…so what’s the point of making a thread to do it?

My unsolicited advice to you would be to change up your shtick every now and then. Or go ahead and make your own website.

If the power play worked then there would be no need for a thread of criticism.

If a superstar doesn't want to be questioned then his fans should expect better production.

But we're controlling a narrative that #71 is still elite. We've lost so many series....at what point do we question the superstars?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Rob Rossi is not my kinda guy.
He's not anyone's kind of guy.

I have made my feelings known about Rob.

He's on ignore and I can already tell it's the same old bs with him.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018

Why not ask the people in charge of the board? Send them a DM and ask for clarification on the rules. That is how most message boards want these things handled, not by infesting threads with it.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017

people continually bash sullivan. people continually bash Erod. people continually bash Hextall. people continually bashed ZAR.

But you can't "bash" or even question the production of the highest player, most favorited player on the team. That needs moderated.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

If a superstar doesn't want to be questioned then his fans should expect better production.

But we're controlling a narrative that #71 is still elite. We've lost so many series....at what point do we question the superstars?
He’s going to get paid 6 million and change for the next few seasons. So he’s definitely not getting paid like he’s still an “elite” player. So I fail to see the argument.

If some fans want to think that he’s a top-5 at his position…let them. I personally think that he’s a bargain at that price regardless of how you want to classify him.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hahahaha Malkin isn't allowed to get criticized without Big Brother silencing your opinions but the "Malkin re-signs" thread turned into a shitshow nightmare the last like five pages. Good one.

Also "highest paid player?" Oops! Looks like someone lost a talking point but failed to remember it.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Athletic subscribers have more invested therefore they are more important and intelligent.
I am an Athletic subscriber and I am quite proud of both my insignificance and my lack of intelligence. It jibes well with my Kraken STs. I still like Yohe, fwiw, some folks in here are basically negative hard asses if not just plain mean. :D Hell, I'm not expecting Reilly, Feinstein or certainly not the next coming of David Foster Wallace.

Last edited:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

sir, this is a Wendy's

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
Really glad Rossi and yohe were able to break both these trades and offer valuable analysis and interview after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad