Reminder that Rob Rossi is never, ever, ever to be taken seriously

BobCole

May 21, 2014

Genetic

Oct 21, 2009
It frustrates me to no end that he, Yohe, and others are still cited as credible Pens sources. I don't know how moderation works on HF, but if I were at the helm, I would ban headlines from these guys here.
This. Can we please ban these clowns? I don't think it's an unreasonable ask. They post garbage for clicks.

Reactions: TKalltheTime

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It frustrates me to no end that he, Yohe, and others are still cited as credible Pens sources. I don't know how moderation works on HF, but if I were at the helm, I would ban headlines from these guys here.
Yohe at least doesn't usually dip his hand much in rumors. He writes a lot of opinion pieces and usually has few if any sources mentioned in them. He has no sources and rarely even pretends to.

Rossi just lies. Maybe he does have some sources, but they're rarely good.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Yohe at least doesn't usually dip his hand much in rumors. He writes a lot of opinion pieces and usually has few if any sources mentioned in them. He has no sources and rarely even pretends to.

Rossi just lies. Maybe he does have some sources, but they're rarely good.
Interesting. I don't live in Pittsburgh so I don't follow these guys day-to-day, so maybe I'm unfairly clumping Yohe in with Rossi (although I've definitely seen some baseless rumors attached to his name, too). Rossi, for literally as long as I can remember, has done nothing but make stuff up, like you said.

Imagine wanting a career in journalism and peaking as a beat reporter for a hockey team where you're incessantly outscooped your entire career and just make stuff up for a living. He's pathetic. I obviously don't wish poor health on him (I understand he's faced some health issues), but professionally I have more respect for paparazzi and tabloid journalists.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Interesting. I don't live in Pittsburgh so I don't follow these guys day-to-day, so maybe I'm unfairly clumping Yohe in with Rossi (although I've definitely seen some baseless rumors attached to his name, too). Rossi, for literally as long as I can remember, has done nothing but make stuff up, like you said.

Imagine wanting a career in journalism and peaking as a beat reporter for a hockey team where you're incessantly outscooped your entire career and just make stuff up for a living. He's pathetic. I obviously don't wish poor health on him (I understand he's faced some health issues), but professionally I have more respect for paparazzi and tabloid journalists.
I mean Yohe isn't great, don't get me wrong. He just doesn't usually make stuff up to quite the same degree Rossi does (but then who could?).

Imo Taylor Haase is the best beat writer covering the Pens now. DK is actually not a terrible writer when he doesn't have his head up his own ass which is rare these days. And Jesse is awesome.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I mean Yohe isn't great, don't get me wrong. He just doesn't usually make stuff up to quite the same degree Rossi does (but then who could?).

Imo Taylor Haase is the best beat writer covering the Pens now. DK is actually not a terrible writer when he doesn't have his head up his own ass which is rare these days. And Jesse is awesome.
Yohe doesn't make stuff up but his material is often of the connecting the dots variety which a lot of fans that follow the team very closely can put together. If you are more casual, you can get a lot from him I guess. His writing style is more blogger than columnist though.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You can only be wrong so many times and keep credibility. The guy may write nice articles that recap what is confirmable (like post-game shit) but this is pretty much the nail in the coffin for the guy in terms of being an "insider" or providing "insight" into the organization.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I don't like how he writes and makes everything dramatic. He clearly is biased towards Malkin and seems to have been used by Barry as a negotiating tool. But he did say that Malkin would consider 4x6. His articles have grains of truth buried under layers of exaggeration. He just has a lot of character flaws. No two ways about it. He has been making bank for ten years as the number one source of Malkin info. How true is that really? I mean maybe he has access but he dresses everything up to the point you can't take a word he writes at face value. He's like the Stephen Glass of hockey journalism.

Reactions: Wes C Addle

BobCole

May 21, 2014
I don't like how he writes and makes everything dramatic. He clearly is biased towards Malkin and seems to have been used by Barry as a negotiating tool. But he did say that Malkin would consider 4x6. His articles have grains of truth buried under layers of exaggeration. He just has a lot of character flaws. No two ways about it. He has been making bank for ten years as the number one source of Malkin info. How true is that really? I mean maybe he has access but he dresses everything up to the point you can't take a word he writes at face value. He's like the Stephen Glass of hockey journalism.
At least Stephen Glass was fabricating stories about important topics working for a major publication. Imagine if the peak of your professional career was making up stories as a sports team's beat reporter. Rossi truly is pathetic.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
When he stays away from Geno fandom he writes a solid article. I generally like his recaps. His weakness has always been exaggeration and wanting to be first to publish the most salacious version of something before confirming it is true. Not good qualities for a journalist.

I will also point out once again how not a single local journalist even knew about negotiations today until the team announced the contract. Nobody has sources here.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Rossi is a hack. He gets fed a story at least once a year that is so obviously planted by an agent or management that everyone else has too much integrity to publish.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
f9ed7b7dc999820fe9f5f16408e46256--bob-ross-memes-bob-ross-funny.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad