Remembering some guys through Puckdoku

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
This is tough...

I have no idea who Detroit's Captains were between Howe and Yzerman. The only Penguins Captains I'm sure of are Lemieux, Jagr and Crosby. I guessed Kehoe and that was a wrong answer. I can't name any Whalers/Hurricanes that have won an Olympic medal while playing for the franchise.

View attachment 906015
For Pens captains before Lemieux, it's tough but Jean Pronovost is the most obvious option.

For DET captains pre-Yzerman, most of their older legends count (Howe, Abel, Lindsay, Delvecchio), but obviously Danny Gare is a sneaky one

For HFD/CAR Olympians, if it was restricted to playing with the team at the time, you could have gone with (I looked this up, of course) Eric Staal (obviously), Frank Kaberle, Sami Kapanen, Tom Barrasso (!!), Tim Gleason, Jussi Jokinen, Joni Pitkanen, and Tuomo Ruutu... I think that's all of them? :P

Reactions: DitchMarner

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I guessed Steve McKenna for Penguins captain today and I was told I was incorrect.

There needs to be a distinction: is it officially named captain, or simply wore the C?

Because in the hunt for the lowest score possible, no one is picking Lemieux, Jagr, or Crosby.

Francis, Straka, Sandstrom, Coffey, Cullen, and McKenna, all wore the C, albeit briefly.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Looks like we got the exact same score. I think this is a first.

Wait... you're allowed to name players who played for a particular NHL franchise and won a Medal while not playing for the franchise? Ughhh. I should have gone with Holik for HAR/CAR then.

IMG_3708.jpg

Carlyle was a complete guess for me that worked. I was trying to think of what good/half decent players they had leading up tp the '84 tankathon and hes all I came up with, wasn't sure if he had actually been captain or not.

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Awww, this would have been legendary if I had a better guess for EDM/MIN and NJD/MIN... really wish I had remembered guys like Aberg and Nick Palmieri... :help:

Screenshot (576).png

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 436 - 8/9:

103 Uniqueness
🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Ugly one today, man... really thought those guys would be lower % :amazed:

Missed on LAK/WHL, cause I wild-guessed on Drake Rymsha, and he's an OHLer, apparently :shakehead

Screenshot (577).png

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Pyramid - 6/6🏆:

26 Uniqueness
No Lifelines Used

Maaaan, if only J.J. Daigneault was an Oiler for like 1 game :help:

Also, where was I on Rucinsky, Courtnall and Nedved for the Corson square??? :banghead:

Screenshot (579).png

Last edited:

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Posting this one just for the <1% on all 3 Hall of Fame squares! :amazed:

So naturally, Pat Flatley and Brian Finley of all players sank me... :facepalm:

S'what I get for not using Toms :P

Screenshot (580).png

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 438 - 8/9:

101 Uniqueness
⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Had no chance on the WSH/SJS square. Completely missed the Millers playing for SJS, as well as Corriveau. Also didn't know Joe Murphy played for WSH. Might have been able to get Zettler, but I would not have been confident at all. For some reason I was confident that Matt Tennyson played for WSH... :whaaa?: Other than that, all I had was Iafrate, Sturm, Grier and Ward... *sigh*

Screenshot (581).png

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Pain in the glass!

Ugh... I blew it on WPG/2+ teams. I really thought Tremblay played for the franchise. I had a feeling that maybe he didn't but ignored it and tried him anyway. :(

Edit: It turns out he did play for the Thrashers (and Leafs). I missed that you had to name a player who played for two+ teams in one season!

1726225128177.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kvladimir

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Pain in the glass!

Ugh... I blew it on WPG/2+ teams. I really thought Tremblay played for the franchise. I had a feeling that maybe he didn't but ignored it and tried him anyway. :(

Edit: It turns out he did play for the Thrashers (and Leafs). I missed that you had to name a player who played for two+ teams in one season!

View attachment 906744
Eyyy, same score, high five! :5:

Puckdoku Game 439 - 8/9:

102 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩

Ugh, the Sacco-Yake trade was before the season started, booooo! :skeptic:

Screenshot (585).png

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Sssskkkkiiiinnnneeeerrrrrr!

I tried Dean Sylvester for WPG (ATL) and gave up after that turned out to be a wrong answer (he played one game for BUF).

View attachment 906945
Gotta love the guys who played all but <5 games for one team on these ones... I remember getting burned by Linus Omark for EDM/one team once, as well as Frolov for LA... :confused:

... holy crap today's Pyramid is hard! (except for the final square) :amazed:

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Pyramid - 6/6🏆:

83 Uniqueness
2 Lifelines Used

Awww man, if only Dmitry Mironov played a game for the Blues, or JJ Daigneault for DET, or Basil McCrae for PIT, or...

I had to reset once, because I whiffed on Kevin Miller, but only because he had... *checks notes* 429 PIMs!!!!! :pullhair:

I also had to lifeline to get one of the middle players, I actually have no idea who Gilbert Delorme is :laugh:

Screenshot (587).png

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 441 - 8/9:

106 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Ugh, DAL/OTT is tough, I thought Roman Lyashenko would work... ❌

Edit: Augh, Ledyard, David Oliver and Dan Quinn, of course! :facepalm:

Screenshot (588).png

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Thing I dislike about Puckdoku is you can't name NHLers who were drafted by the club but didn't play for them yet cracked the NHL. For example Gustav Forsling.

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 442 - 7/9:

202 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩

Huh... Stars/Isles legend Jon Sim, apparently! :speechles

Whiffed on Brian Savage for DAL/MTL, I keep thinking he was a Star for some reason... No, it wasn't because I confused him for Rob Ramage, I had him written down too! :facepalm:

For MTL/80s, I thought Tony Esposito had a brief stint there at the end of his career, which would have been in the 80s, but no he had that stint right at the beginning of his career! What you doing, Habs? :laugh:

Screenshot (589).png

Puckdoku Doku Jr - 4/4🏆:

6 Uniqueness
🟩🟩
🟩🟩

Much better... :handclap:

Screenshot (590).png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad