Reimer to Request Trade in Summer?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I think this is fake? There's nothing on Darren Dreger's twitter that states this.

However, I wouldn't doubt it and it does seem like he will be traded in the offseason (good pick-up whoever gets him).

brodano

Oct 19, 2011
i have no idea who this guy is but he has 20k followers!

I am not really thrilled with how Reimer has been treated. Yeah Bernier is good, but Reimer is the guy who they leaned on hard last year and got them to the playoffs. Now everyone rags on Reimer and expects him to play awesome and stick his neck out for the team when the majority of leaf fans and staff included have completely wrote him off for Bernier.

Who are we? The canucks??

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Kind of depressing when all is said and done, in my opinion. When he first played in 2012 he looked pretty good, and won some people over. There was a lot said on both sides of the story last year, but I think he was pretty damn good last year, definitely played well enough to get us in the playoffs and the game 7 collapse was definitely everyone's fault. What happens? Nonis goes out and grabs Bernier, which was pretty much an insult to Reimer's aspirations of being the #1. Bernier has been playing veznia-level goaltending (in my opinion anyway, and definitely not a bad thing) which set a pretty damn high standard for Reimer.

Needless to say, his last few starts he's been hung out to dry HARDCORE by our defense, which is pretty well the story for him all year, as long as having some stinkers for games (like every goalie has, even Bernier).

weems

Jul 3, 2008

I am not really thrilled with how Reimer has been treated. Yeah Bernier is good, but Reimer is the guy who they leaned on hard last year and got them to the playoffs. Now everyone rags on Reimer and expects him to play awesome and stick his neck out for the team when the majority of leaf fans and staff included have completely wrote him off for Bernier.

Dave Shoalts is legit.

He wouldnt make something like this up.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I think he should be traded.

I personally don't like the two good young starting goalie dynamic, where they both want the starting job. I think it creates tension and Reims RC is not looking like a healthy relationship. They went through that and Bernier is clearly the guy.

What the team needs now is a top notch veteran back up who 'could' start himself to back Bernier up.

Next season of course..

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Kind of depressing when all is said and done, in my opinion. When he first played in 2012 he looked pretty good, and won some people over. There was a lot said on both sides of the story last year, but I think he was pretty damn good last year, definitely played well enough to get us in the playoffs and the game 7 collapse was definitely everyone's fault. What happens? Nonis goes out and grabs Bernier, which was pretty much an insult to Reimer's aspirations of being the #1. Bernier has been playing veznia-level goaltending (in my opinion anyway, and definitely not a bad thing) which set a pretty damn high standard for Reimer.

Needless to say, his last few starts he's been hung out to dry HARDCORE by our defense, which is pretty well the story for him all year, as long as having some stinkers for games (like every goalie has, even Bernier).
It's not even defensive corps, but how they're being utilised. Carlyle is extremely stubborn and needs to break up that ridiculously mediocre top pairing. If we're going to be dwelling in the defensive zone, Phaneuf is going to need a hitter like Sean O'Donnell ( with Pronger).

More importantly, that top pairing are extremely poor in terms of moving the puck. Our higher tempo playing style requires good puck movers and that's missing. If Gardiner was up with Phaneuf, for instance, we would do a lot more with the puck as we collapse into the defensive zone. Dion on his off side just isn't effective while Gunnarsson is exactly adept at moving the puck either.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I'm pretty sure this was Dreger speculating during intermission (which is why you don't see it on his twitter page). It's a very fair speculation to make and it's likely the case of what is or will soon happen behind the scenes.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
How can you request a trade after the deadline?

Sounds fishy....definitely seems like something he'd ask for when the season ended not right now. *shrugs*

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Can't say that I blame him..I'd want out as well..and on my way out of town I'd make sure to give a failing grade to the coach.... haven't been impressed at all since he rode into town...not much better than the dufus he replaced.

Durkin67

It's not even defensive corps, but how they're being utilised. Carlyle is extremely stubborn and needs to break up that ridiculously mediocre top pairing. If we're going to be dwelling in the defensive zone, Phaneuf is going to need a hitter like Sean O'Donnell ( with Pronger).

More importantly, that top pairing are extremely poor in terms of moving the puck. Our higher tempo playing style requires good puck movers and that's missing. If Gardiner was up with Phaneuf, for instance, we would do a lot more with the puck as we collapse into the defensive zone. Dion on his off side just isn't effective while Gunnarsson is exactly adept at moving the puck either.

Jake Gardiner is an effective puck lugger, but he is also still quite raw in the defensive aspects of the game. He's prone to ill timed pinches and getting caught up-ice, as well as turnovers in high risk areas. Pairing him with Phaneuf is not a good idea. While more physical, Dion is also prone to getting caught out on occasion, and is best suited to skate with a sound, positionally stable partner who can compensate. Gunner is to Dion as Bozak is to Kessel. Neither player is an all star, but both have pretty high hockey IQ's and are able to play a relatively mistake free game which allows for the chemistry to flourish between them and the aforementioned "skill" player.

It's somewhat curious that you would make the comment that Dion should be paired with a hitter, then you suggest Gardiner, for the exact opposite reason. HAve you really thought this through?

Durkin67

Reimer is a good but not great NHL goaltender who is capable of getting hot as well as freezing at the worst possible times. At least that is the case at this stage of his career. He's competitive, but prone to mental lapses and he's been plagued by inconsistency. It's a tough town for any goalie to succeed in, which is why the Leafs' previous success came with guys like Belfour and Cujo who had the mindset to be able to block out all of the noise and get it done.

Bernier apparently has that cool demeanour which allows him to stay focused. Reimer needs to play in a less hostile environment where he can push for a shot at being the number one guy. That isnt happening and it has affected his overall performance. He's battling for a chance to redeem his career elsewhere at this point.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010

Reimer needs to respectfully **** if he is indeed leaking this crap out there during a playoff run! He has had a solid run in the past but not a resume that says he is a starting goalie. THe NHL is a league of what have you done for me lately and lately Reimer has played like a descent backup goalie. You cannot blame the loses solely on Reimer but he certainly is not doing anything to win them.

If Reimer wants to be a starter then he has to step up when the door is open and prove he is one. Since LA he has had the net without any fear of being yanked after a bad goal and he has not stepped up. Many goalies go on streaks for parts of or maybe even have a career season then fall back to earth, what makes a starter is consistency. Reimer needs to start making the decision of who to play when Bernier is back a hard one and quit *****ing about how he is being treated.

The 18 wheeler has started down the road and they need someone to keep it there and not in the ditch. Right now Reimer is acting like a very distracted driver grooming himself in the mirror and not looking at the road ahead...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Oh darn, what ever will we do without Reimer, the horror, the horror I say.

Macoun4life

Mar 6, 2011
Southwestern Ontario
How can you request a trade after the deadline?

Sounds fishy....definitely seems like something he'd ask for when the season ended not right now. *shrugs*

I'm pretty sure you can still make trades after the deadline, but you're not eligible for to play in the playoffs or something like that.

Unfortunately for Toronto, Reimer is at his absolute lowest value and we'll probably only end up getting maybe a 4th round pick at the draft for him at best.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Good. i say get him outta here. I'm not a Reimer basher its just that the guy has shown he cant rise to an occassion. He'll make the big and timely save, but then screw up a routine one. His play is to inconsistent. Hope to see Bernie back for Saturday

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009

Ya , the Leafs leaned on him last season and they can't even get him to play in relief of Bernier now. Fair or not, he should be playing better than he has been

I wouldn't be surprised if Reimer does get traded, but I can't see it being a big return as he's an RFA and having a poor season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad