Confirmed with Link: Reilly Smith (PIT) to NYR for a 2nd rounder + 5th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Laviolette will have a few options this season. I’m absolutely sure that in the beginning he will want to keep what worked last year, ie Panarin - Trocheck - Lafreniere. There would have to be some unforeseen factors to make him splitting them up at the start of the camp. Accordingly, Smith will be first tried at the problem spot RW with Kreider - Zibanejad. Highly unlikely too (I’m being very open minded lol) that Kreider and Zibanejad will split.

What happens if these line won’t work will be interesting. Laviolette could try switching centers or just flipping Laf and Smith. These are the likeliest change scenarios if necessary. Then it will be less likely territory involving Chytil, Kakko and Cuylle if either shows regaining form they once exhibited (and / or continuing their progress in case of Cuylle). Othmann or Berard in top-6 will be even more surprising.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
Laviolette will have a few options this season. I’m absolutely sure that in the beginning he will want to keep what worked last year, ie Panarin - Trocheck - Lafreniere. There would have to be some unforeseen factors to make him splitting them up at the start of the camp. Accordingly, Smith will be first tried at the problem spot RW with Kreider - Zibanejad. Highly unlikely too (I’m being very open minded lol) that Kreider and Zibanejad will split.

What happens if these line won’t work will be interesting. Laviolette could try switching centers or just flipping Laf and Smith. These are the likeliest change scenarios if necessary. Then it will be less likely territory involving Chytil, Kakko and Cuylle if either shows regaining form they once exhibited (and / or continuing their progress in case of Cuylle). Othmann or Berard in top-6 will be even more surprising.
I unfortunately think this team is going to be riding CK - Mika - Waiver Wire Pick-up RW as our #1 line for the next few years, regardless of 5v5 numbers.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I unfortunately think this team is going to be riding CK - Mika - Waiver Wire Pick-up RW as our #1 line for the next few years, regardless of 5v5 numbers.
They were not #1 line last season so I don’t know what to tell you. Also are you saying that Smith was waiver wire pickup like?

Last edited:
Reactions: bhamill

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
If Smity doesn’t mesh with Zib and Kreider they kinda have to try Othmaan in that spot no ?

Kakko only does well with Chytil as his C unfortunately

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
If Smity doesn’t mesh with Zib and Kreider they kinda have to try Othmaan in that spot no ?

Kakko only does well in preseason against weaker competition unfortunately

Fixed it

Othmann should get a look. Cuylle should as well. Maybe Kreider and Mika needs someone to give them space on the ice with Cuylle or Othmann’s physical play.

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
I loved Smith as a option 5 years ago lol

All jokes aside , I re watched all of his goals last few seasons. Guy can shoot the puck. Seems like he use to kill penalties in Vegas. Wonder if he would replace Goody in that regard

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I loved Smith as a option 5 years ago lol

All jokes aside , I re watched all of his goals last few seasons. Guy can shoot the puck. Seems like he use to kill penalties in Vegas. Wonder if he would replace Goody in that regard

He absolutely should be an upgrade on goody in every sense.

Filling the 1RW hole seems like the option too as the wonder twins will wonder twin and they just don’t mesh with Kak up until now really. They like playing with guys in the smith mold, I think that’s been proven by the 6000 posts I’ve read about stats on that line since Buch left.

Maybe that changes this year and if it does, smith should look great as 3RW and a penalty killer. Either way, Goodrow upgrade. Hoping edstrom comes in and runs away with 4C and that goody hole is filled and upgraded exponentially.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad