GDT: Reign @ Gulls 7PM @ Ponda

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
why are they forcing kerdiles to play center still?
He's a lefty, for one, and his odds of making the team in the next couple years are much better if he can play center and wing. Ducks are thin at C in the prospect department. Though with Nattinen now, who knows?

Hussar

Talented.
Mar 30, 2004
Paradise
This was a fun game. Got there and walked right into BB and the walrus. waved to them and they waved back. Ritchie was great, look for him to be a fan favorite, he absolutely crumpled that reign player on the first punch. Everyone already knows who he is, and everyone was talking about him especialy the kings fans. ;) Theo sniped houser real good. And mcgratten was useful till the thid. I thought kerdiles looked good but his timing is off. Friberg was always quick to jump in the corners and was generally effective. Kase was really being targeted the whole game.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
You're right... the 3rd looked like a pass almost that hit a reign player in front but bounced off Ritchie at some point. I'm pretty sure if it did hit him, it was on the skate.
Looked like he either swiped it in or it was off his skate. Either way, he put it in from the paint.

That manchild was quite an ***hat tonight. Hitting, getting into every scrum, hanging out in the crease. Also made some good passes and plays, so he's definitely not a goon. Just a skilled player with the heart of one. ;)

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
The Ducks should offer $2 beers and $1 dogs for all the preseason games. But I won't hold my breath. :laugh:

Was there, $12. Even for some **** beer called Montejo or something. Pretty sure it was $11 last year and probably $10 the year before.

Was a fun game. Ritchie punched the **** out of some guy who just turtled and ate uppercuts. Gulls had some great passing. Ritchie is a beast though.

Anyone see what Gibson did to get the rough? I was looking away and just saw Gibson in the guy's face after the play was over. I assume he speared or tripped someone?

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
And to think we once considered Devante -- Zero Fights in his Career -- Smith-Pelly to be a power forward for this organization

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Love watching Ritchie get stuck in, but he's going to have to tone it down if he wants to be superstar in the NHL. Overall, I've been really impressed with him. Ahead of curve if you ask me and definitely for a power-forward.

Who knows what triggered that. In the preseason games here he was very conservative with the rough stuff, so it's not like he can't control himself.

Getzy is good for a couple "FU" bouts a season where he just drops them in a scrum. It's not stopping him being a star. Difference is Ritchie a much better fighter and throws with bad intentions.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
And to think we once considered Devante -- Zero Fights in his Career -- Smith-Pelly to be a power forward for this organization

DSP went out of his way to avoid altercations. It frustrated the hell out of me. He could throw some ok hits but he wasn't the least bit nasty about anything.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Toffoli was picked a few picks later. He has as much fights in the NHL as DSP - none. TT is much better player though

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Was there, $12. Even for some **** beer called Montejo or something. Pretty sure it was $11 last year and probably $10 the year before.

Was a fun game. Ritchie punched the **** out of some guy who just turtled and ate uppercuts. Gulls had some great passing. Ritchie is a beast though.

Anyone see what Gibson did to get the rough? I was looking away and just saw Gibson in the guy's face after the play was over. I assume he speared or tripped someone?

He drilled 11 on the Reign in the back of the head with the paddle is what it appeared to look like from my vantage point.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
My thoughts from the game:

Ritchie, Noesen, and Theodore looked great.

- Ritchie is going to be a beast. His assist on Theodore's goal was a really nice play. I also love that he has a nasty side to him without throwing dirty hits.

- Theodore was great and really stood out. There were times where I wished he would have taken a shot and he went for a pass, but regardless I like his poise with the puck.

-Noesen also stood out in a good way. He isn't flashy but he battles and makes his presence known. He seems like a leader type to me.

-I definitely liked Sgarbossa. He is solid on the forecheck and looks to have some wheels on him.

- I wasn't overly impressed with Montour, but I wasn't disappointed either so not really worried about him.

- Gibson was decent and I'm really glad Mcgrattan is on the team. You can tell he is going to protect our boys out there.

Other than that it looks like we're going to have a solid team down there in San Diego. I'll definitely be going to catch a few over there to see how our guys are progressing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad