GDT: Red Wings @ Senators | Round 2, Fight! Edition | Tue Feb 28th 2023, 7PM | TSN5, RDS

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Is it just me or has Gambrell looked like a different player since acquiring Gauthier? That line of those 2 with Joseph has been really effective.

Granted, Detroit laid an egg the past 2 games so we'll see if it lasts.

Reactions: DrEasy and Dionysus

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Detroit had 8 PPs and generated 17 SOG in the entire game... In a game that would rank "very high" in terms of importance to the playoff race... after getting a beat down the night before... from the same team.. who is a division rival... nipping at your heels in the standings...

That level if futility is hard to fathom. Detroit should be getting ripped to shreds by any and all analysts out there.

Reactions: bert

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This right here is a massively unrecognized view.

Yes, they're human beings and how you treat them matters. No one putting on the jersey today cares about the 2024 2nd that has a 40% chance of being a useful asset in 2028.

They're competitive and want to win.

And they're not very far out from a ticket to the dance

A tough decision facing Dorion.

My life is better with Parker Kelly in a spectating role
Yeah crazy how much better watson looks awaybfrom
Him

Is it just me or has Gambrell looked like a different player since acquiring Gauthier? That line of those 2 with Joseph has been really effective.

Granted, Detroit laid an egg the past 2 games so we'll see if it lasts.
Gambrell is a good player don’t care what any one says. I’ll pay a first for him before I pay it for Ben chiarot

Reactions: Mingus Dew

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Funny that when he plays normal minutes, he can be more effective. Won't make a difference though as the reduced ice time is only because Chabot doesn't play the PK.
The day DJ acknowledges that Sandy is the better player and starts getting more ice than Chabot is the day this team turns the corner and that isn't a shot at Chabot.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
tfw youve been watching the highlights for 15 minutes and its still the first period

glad the home fans got a couple of good ones for the memory bank

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Sure, and if he's better than Chabot now just imagine how much better he'll be once he "learns to play in the NHL"
But let's cross that bridge when we get there, no? Why the rush to have him play more minutes today when he's excelling in his role as is? Next season you can start to adjust ice time accordingly. Don't f*** with a good thing.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Detroit had 8 PPs and generated 17 SOG in the entire game... In a game that would rank "very high" in terms of importance to the playoff race... after getting a beat down the night before... from the same team.. who is a division rival... nipping at your heels in the standings...

That level if futility is hard to fathom. Detroit should be getting ripped to shreds by any and all analysts out there.
I mean that happened right after they put on 45 shots for and 17 against vs Tampa, another division rival. Hockey is weird.

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
I mean that happened right after they put on 45 shots for and 17 against vs Tampa, another division rival. Hockey is weird.
Isn't that what we used to do in a way? Play great against these top teams but lay an egg against the lower placed teams.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but did anyone notice our DJ playing "Don't Stop Believing" at the end of the game. That is THE Detroit sports anthem due to the lyrics. That was cold, and I absolutely loved it...
I noticed it at the end of Monday night's game when I was there at the game. I turned to a few people and said this is a bit of a "dis" to the Red Wings because they always play Don't Stop Believing in Detroit at their home games. I loved that they did it both nights in Ottawa.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Q
Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but did anyone notice our DJ playing "Don't Stop Believing" at the end of the game. That is THE Detroit sports anthem due to the lyrics. That was cold, and I absolutely loved it...
Yup. We were laughing about that as we were walking out

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I loved that kid's maniacal facial expressions they put on the screen after the Senators scored a goal in the last 2 games. That kid might have a career as an actor.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Reminds me of the random Leafs fan who was sitting front row during in Anaheim during the cup final
Was that game 3 of the cup final? I was at that game and I saw one Leaf jersey in the crowd and I said to my friend "why would anyone wear a Leaf's jersey to this game?"
He stood out that night because it was pretty much a sea of red.
Of course I had to sit in front of Todd Marchants family that night and when Anaheim scored the first goal the Marchant family erupted all 5 or 6 of them. I was so glad we won that night it kept them quiet.

Reactions: bicboi64

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Reminds me of the random Leafs fan who was sitting front row during in Anaheim during the cup final

My mom was working at subway at the time in a hotel and she told me a lot of people were coming from Toronto to watch the Stanley cup final

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad