Proposal: Red Wings offer-sheets Pettersson for 13 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I’d rather offer sheet Brady Tkachuk and probably would need to be at that price on a one year deal to pry either one free.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
you could offer sheet at 8.1 and screw them over signing him and Hughes. Less compensation if it works.
It would never work though

they wouldnt let him walk for 8.1m. Theyd sooner move Hughes I think

Reactions: Henkka

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
At this point, if you offer 13M, why just 1 year? Kotkaniemi deal was about proving himself and letting him walk if he sucks and he doesn't want to sign under his QO. That's a risk you can take for a 1st + 3rd. Not for 4x1st round from a rebuilding team.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Stevie needs to sit on those 1sts and add glue/character guys to surround the core he'll come out with.

He can offer sheet later after the 2023 draft.

Reactions: BHD

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You offer sheet to add to a team, not when you are rebuilding.

If the Habs or other mid teams did it, it makes sense. Their 1sts would be in the late teens and 20s. Which ov course is impossible because those teams don't have cap space.,

Last edited:

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I dunno… I think Vancouver would probably match…

It’s not about the value, it would take us years to fill the hole that losing Pettersson would create. If we lose him we might as well trade Horvat and Miller too and go full rebuild. It wouldn’t be worth it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
As nicely as I can put this,this is dumb as shit. Let's give up 4 1sts to have to most overpaid player in the league by a mile woooo.

He would be overpaid only for 1 year and then the long extension is made with normal reasonable caphit, like 8M.

Point is to get the guy.

4 x first round pick could a pipeline of "Svechnikov, Cholowski, Rasmussen, Zadina".

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
He would be overpaid only for 1 year and then the long extension is made with normal reasonable caphit, like 8M.

Point is to get the guy.

And he will magically just accept 8M long term when he have a QO of 13M? And you can't negociate this extension before January or something like that, so that's a *** big risk.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
And he will magically just accept 8M long term when he have a QO of 13M? And you can't negociate this extension before January or something like that, so that's a *** big risk.

Risk yeah, but everything is negotiable.

You guys seem to always fear the worst. :laugh: It's peanuts for Yzerman to negotiate the 2nd deal.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Same as Kotkaniemi, but actually not the same at all.

Patterson can actually skate...and doesn't fall down in passing breezes....:laugh:

I'm not sure I'd want to trade Suzuki for him without seeing two more years of Suzuki, but Petterson is a top 20 center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad