Salary Cap: Red Wings 31.1M cap space

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Puckpedia will be just fine. Everytime a salary cap website goes down a new one takes it place. It's the way it goes.

Don't forget capgeek was the go to place before capfriendly

It's still much worse than capfriendly.

Like this thread, it was easy for me to see the basic numbers and use those calculators - and speculate with facts.

After capfriendly is gone, then we are back to old days in 10 years. Own excel and calculations. Still exact, but more time consuming.

I guess forget about any prospects coming in then. Open cap space to pay more money and term for 3rd/4th liners??? Makes sense. Use guys like mazur, Berggren, Marco in our bottom six and use the cap space to upgrade the top half of the lineup. It’s not rocket science

One-by-one... that's definitely the way. But all are not promoted at once.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I don’t think Kane signs here for league minimal or here at all for any $/term.

I think the big signing on July 1st is Steven Stamkos. 7.5-8.5M/ 5 Years.

Perron maybe resigns for a discounted price, but asides from being a good leader, his on ice production has declined big time. Foot speed is gone. Smart player for sure, but if Stamkos comes in, Perron’s leadership role can be replaced by Stamkos.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
It's still much worse than capfriendly.

Like this thread, it was easy for me to see the basic numbers and use those calculators - and speculate with facts.

After capfriendly is gone, then we are back to old days in 10 years. Own excel and calculations. Still exact, but more time consuming.

One-by-one... that's definitely the way. But all are not promoted at once.
And capfriendly was 10x worse than capgeek at the time. It will get better.

I don’t think Kane signs here for league minimal or here at all for any $/term.

I think the big signing on July 1st is Steven Stamkos. 7.5-8.5M/ 5 Years.

Perron maybe resigns for a discounted price, but asides from being a good leader, his on ice production has declined big time. Foot speed is gone. Smart player for sure, but if Stamkos comes in, Perron’s leadership role can be replaced by Stamkos.
Signing stammer at 5x8 will sink the team. 5x6 or 3-4x7 is more realistic. He's 35 and is playing 2nd line wing

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
If Stamkos would sign here for 7.5, I'm sure Tampa could get him to sign for 6. Minor hometown discount plus tax savings.

I sincerely doubt Stamkos leaves Tampa Bay.
I’m not 100% convinced. I think the chances of him signing back in Tampa vs anywhere else are definitely greater, but I would not be surprised if on July 1 their is a picture posted of him wearing the winged wheel.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Little underwhelmed to be honest. I'm not sure Kane resigns without term.

I'm also not sure what this build towards. Adding Roy isn't fixing the defense and team enough to say they're going to make the playoffs. I think this roster would pick somewhere between 7-12 and sell players at the TDL. While having some cap obligations next offseason for players who won't be here. (Perron/Kane)

Appreciate the effort and time.

Last edited:

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Edmonton signed Connor Brown and he carries a cap hit of 3 or so million next year now. Edmonton is going for a cup, they take those risks. Not an ideal time for Detroit to do that considering we just paid a 2nd to be freed of Walman. Let use our imagine and consider the future, future considerations folks.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If Stamkos would sign here for 7.5, I'm sure Tampa could get him to sign for 6. Minor hometown discount plus tax savings.

I sincerely doubt Stamkos leaves Tampa Bay.

Tampa has 5.3M in cap space and only 18 players signed.

Even if signing 3-4 minimum salaries to fill the remaining spots, they have only ~3M left for Stammer.

They would need some LTIR miracle (there was a rumour about Cernak going LTIR for full season) or trade other salaries out to make that extension happen.

You can't use the 35+ thing either, because Stammer is still 34.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
DeBrincat - Larkin - Raymond
Rasmussen - Compher - Kane
Fabbri - Veleno - Berggren
Perron - Copp - Fischer

Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Roy
Määttä - Petry
Johansson - Holl

Husso
Lyon

22-man roster.
Other than adding Roy (who I'd prefer over re-signing Ghost) that looks like about the worst case scenario of the offseason and I'd have a mix of panic and apathy going into the season.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad