GDT: Red Hot - Oilers v Devils - 2 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
81B7948A-4F4E-4849-B02E-4C8B22CC5A6B.gif

She’s on our side.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Hemsky from TEMU.

Can you imagine prime Hemsky in Connor Brown's spot?
I always thought Hemsky and Drai would have been a perfect compliment

I would click on it but PTSD would hit.

I think his attitude was the worst thing. Figured he was a superstar or something. If you asked him he was the big talent on the club. Games would start and neither team liked him. Didn't he used to complain players weren't passing him the puck enough?
Omark had all the talent in the world but as you say he was very arrogant. Hemsky was just as talented but he was extremely humble.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
It would be rude not to post this awesome Crue song……from the album Shout at the Devil lol

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
He just had a week off he shouldn’t be fatigued

Maybe he should lose some weight and get into some shape so he can actually slide from post to post without getting fatigued
That's true. He really needs to work on that. Mike Smith looks like Elvis Merzlikins moving side to side compared to Skinner

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Maybe he should lose some weight and get into some shape so he can actually slide from post to post without getting fatigued
Yep Listed as 230lbs. Don't think its a mirage either. Fat and slow. Even at 6 4 this puts him as obese. As an athlete where having weight like that has no discernible positive to it at all. This guy living a charmed life. Pro pay and few apparent expectations.

The guy is 30lbs over average NHL goalie weight

I'm sure to get flamed for pointing this out. Strangely they forgot to mention Skinner as one of the heaviest goalies in the league.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If Skinner starts today, I think he might get lit up. He looked fatigued or not focused last game. They arw just running him into the ground

Agreed. He’s starting to fatigue. Compare his game after 5 days rest to the game we saw last time out. We’re playing with fire here. Need to give him some rest.

Reactions: elmeroil

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
That's true. He really needs to work on that. Mike Smith looks like Elvis Merzlikins moving side to side compared to Skinner
The contrast between old athletic energetic, mobile Fleury and young do nothing Skinner was abject last game. They even touched on the Edmonton broadcast how active Fleury is before game, before practice, first to arrive, last to leave.

Skinner barely skates a couple short loops to avoid the embarrassment of falling down and laughing about it. I wonder how this guy would do in a bagskate. They don't want to tire him out. Getting to games is hard. Putting on all that equipment is so hard.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
I would go Skinner since a win gets the team back to .500. He has earned the opportunity to complete that "comeback" considering his overall play the past 6 games. Go Pickard vs. Chicago.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

The average number of starts for a Cup Winning goalie has been hovering around 44 games I read. Elite or established starters in this League are looking at 60 games a year as the upper limit. So that’s 22 games off a season. Which means on average even elite starters in this league should be rested every 3-4 games. Skinners now playing 7 in a row.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
The contrast between old athletic energetic, mobile Fleury and young do nothing Skinner was abject last game. They even touched on the Edmonton broadcast how active Fleury is before game, before practice, first to arrive, last to leave.

Skinner barely skates a couple short loops to avoid the embarrassment of falling down and laughing about it. I wonder how this guy would do in a bagskate. They don't want to tire him out. Getting to games is hard. Putting on all that equipment is so hard.
Fleury looked like he was 25. It was crazy how fast he moves. Skinner feels like a sumo wrestler in net lol. "just hit me please"

• Haha
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
The average number of starts for a Cup Winning goalie has been hovering around 44 games I read. Elite or established starters in this League are looking at 60 games a year as the upper limit. So that’s 22 games off a season. Which means on average even elite starters in this league should be rested every 3-4 games. Skinners now playing 7 in a row.
he isn't really because the team had a week off. Does he get tired stuffing donairs into his pie hole? heh.

Watching grandpa Skinner leisurely go behind the net to retrieve a puck is almost hilarious, except then I remember he's our goalie. Could you even imagine this guy playing at 40? I can't either.

Yay, Captain Pickard is in.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
he isn't really because the team had a week off. Does he get tired stuffing donairs into his pie hole? heh.

Watching grandpa Skinner leisurely go behind the net to retrieve a puck is almost hilarious, except then I remember he's our goalie. Could you even imagine this guy playing at 40? I can't either.

5 days of rest 2 weeks ago doesnt pool up into some excess stamina pool that he or any goalie can just continually draw from. 7 games in a row is still 7 games in a row. Rest needs to break up these long stretches.

Like if it was the beginning of the season and Skinner had 10 games in a row, would people be saying well he had 120 days of rest in the off season so he should be fine.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
5 days of rest 2 weeks ago doesnt pool up into some excess stamina pool that he or any goalie can just continually draw from. 7 games in a row is still 7 games in a row. Rest needs to break up these long stretches.

Like if it was the beginning of the season and Skinner had 10 games in a row, would people be saying well he had 120 days of rest in the off season so he should be fine.
The 6 day off break for the team was just last week...they've only played 2 games since the break. I think you got mixed up somehow.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Wow, the right move for Skinner. Pickard though may not be the right move for a win, but it's all we got until Jack is shipped.

The 6 day off break for the team was just last week...they've only played 2 games since the break. I think you got mixed up somehow.
Ahh your right I did. Still though Skinner's game load needs to be managed if we expect to see him at his best. And there's may be still be a mental component to starting so many games in a row, rest or not. 3-4 game average between games off is there for a reason in this league.

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad