OT: Rec Hockey Jerseys

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chrewilson

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Hey, nice!

I play in divisions 3, 5 and 7 of the Sensplex league, what's your team name going to be? We may see each other this year.

I'll be playing at the Sensplex as well this year. No idea which division my team is in, they played last year. The Predators.

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
Fairly sure they are all gone.. The demand wasn't there..

They were also having a hard time with costs, since the insurance was significantly more expensive for the league, so playing there was a lot more that at, for example, the travellers' league, and by the end, there was only about one competitive division, and they weren't making money.

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
I'll be playing at the Sensplex as well this year. No idea which division my team is in, they played last year. The Predators.

I played against you guys this summer. If I recall correctly, you guys had Pedobear on your jersey? Not 100%, but that's what I seem to recall.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
They were also having a hard time with costs, since the insurance was significantly more expensive for the league, so playing there was a lot more that at, for example, the travellers' league, and by the end, there was only about one competitive division, and they weren't making money.

Yeah I was interested in it my first few years after Midget but I quickly realized it wasn't such a good idea.. I found the quality of hockey was better, but it wasn't worth the risk of getting hurt...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Fairly sure they are all gone.. The demand wasn't there..

I'll be honest...I can kind of see why. I went to school with a lot of guys that played contact hockey but probably couldn't cut it past the junior levels. If they got into adult recreational contact hockey I'd be worried about who played with them. It seems like it would attract some pretty dubious fellows.

chrewilson

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I played against you guys this summer. If I recall correctly, you guys had Pedobear on your jersey? Not 100%, but that's what I seem to recall.

That is us! I wasn't on the team last year. I just started to work with a few of the guys on the team and they invited me on.

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
That is us! I wasn't on the team last year. I just started to work with a few of the guys on the team and they invited me on.

Very cool. Well, I have no idea if we'll be playing against you guys this summer, but I'm #37 on the Utility Buckets, if you happen to play us, big, skating defenseman.

chrewilson

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Very cool. Well, I have no idea if we'll be playing against you guys this summer, but I'm #37 on the Utility Buckets, if you happen to play us, big, skating defenseman.

I'll be #21 on The Predators. No idea if I will be playing D or Forward, all depends on what the team needs.

chrewilson

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
In regards to the OP. I know we got our jerseys originally at Play It Again on Terry Fox, they came to about $40 each. But apparently they had a lot of issues during the whole process. Such as sizing and timing.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Cool. I'll be trying to put in a winter team this year too.

Fusbolito if I play you we'll be the orange team and I'm number 33. Go easy on me as I've never played hockey before!

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
I'll be #21 on The Predators. No idea if I will be playing D or Forward, all depends on what the team needs.

Saw you guys out there last night after our game. We aren't in the same division as you this year, but you're playing against one of my friends' teams, The Roosters. Best of luck, control #44 and #10 on D, and you should do fine.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
Are there any adult contact leagues in the greater Ottawa area at all? Depending on how I do over the next couple years, and how my powerskating lessons go...I might want to give it a shot.

my very strong advice would be that if you didnt grow up playing hockey and this is your first time playing in a league, that you dont go anwhere near a contact league. nowhere near. as someone above said, i'd be surprised if there are any anymore, and if there are, they would probably be filled with guys who are/were:

a) really good players who are used to contact and played somewhere at a high level

b) dangerous/reckless hotheads who are likely to hurt you

there are a ton, and i mean a TON of excellent hockey players in this city, guys who have played pro, or junior, or college, and with all due respect you don't want to be anywhere near any of those guys if you are picking up the game as an adult. and certainly not in a contact league.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Oh yeah...just as an update. We used Gadar and their jerseys turned out great. So far not doing too great in the league, but I guess that comes with 8/13 players never having played before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad