Realgud's Realgud draft simulator

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Not a bad idea. If more people want this, I can try to make it happen for the draft.

For now, copying the list into an excel file and deleting lines at the draft goes along also works.
Yeah the list is already very handy, so thanks for that! And just for putting this site together, it's been a lot of fun playing around with it and has introduced me to some names I hadn't been aware of before. Really great stuff.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
9 (1). Zach Benson (LW)
17 (1). Colby Barlow (LW)
41 (2). David Edstrom (C)
42 (2). Michael Hrabal (G)
43 (2). Gracyn Sawchyn (C)
73 (3). Oscar Fisker Molgaard (C)
117 (4). Gavin McCarthy (RD)
137 (5). Carter Sotheran (RD)
169 (6). Stanislav Yarovoi (RW)
201 (7). Roman Kukumberg (LW)

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
9 (1). Zach Benson (LW)
17 (1). Nate Danielson (C)
42 (2). Nick Lardis (LW)
73 (3). Tanner Molendyk (LD)
117 (4). Oliver Bonk (RD)
137 (5). Jacob Fowler (G)
169 (6). Matteo Mann (RD)
201 (7). Luke Mittelstadt (LD)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Someone stole Willander before 17 but Dvorsky and Danielson dropped. Decided to run some centers.

9 (1). Dalibor Dvorsky (C)
42 (2). Anton Wahlberg (C)
43 (2). Oscar Fisker Molgaard (C)
73 (3). Hunter Brzustewicz (RD)
117 (4). Jaden Lipinski (C)
137 (5). Tuomas Uronen (RW)

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
Someone stole Willander before 17 but Dvorsky and Danielson dropped. Decided to run some centers.

42 (2). Anton Wahlberg (C)
43 (2). Oscar Fisker Molgaard (C)
73 (3). Hunter Brzustewicz (RD)
117 (4). Jaden Lipinski (C)
137 (5). Tuomas Uronen (RW)
I see that you are sick of hearing that we are thin at “C” prospects.

Last edited:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I have a hard time seeing Reinbacher drop to us, but he's often been BPA with the new Bob rankings.

9 (1). David Reinbacher (RD)
17 (1). Brayden Yager (C)
41 (2). Ethan Gauthier (RW)
42 (2). David Edstrom (C)
73 (3). Felix Nilsson (C)
117 (4). Tristan Bertucci (LD)
137 (5). Connor Levis (RW)
169 (6). Alexander Hellnemo (G)
201 (7). Matteo Mann (RD)

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Draft Simulator is very good for that.

Not to promote Realgud's competition :sarcasm:

Ah, thanks! I prefer the simplicity of Realguds simulator, but this is exactly what I was looking for.

I thought about it and you would really need a way to enter custom names because it doesn't take much time before unknown players start to appear. If I end up doing it, I would include a text field that allows you to enter a custom name as the pick. As it currently stands, both websites would encounter that issue.

Reactions: wingsnut19

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I thought about it and you would really need a way to enter custom names because it doesn't take much time before unknown players start to appear. If I end up doing it, I would include a text field that allows you to enter a custom name as the pick. As it currently stands, both websites would encounter that issue.
Ah yeah, I didn't even think of that. Wonder how far into the draft you could get before that becomes a problem.

Reactions: Realgud

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
@wingsnut19 It's done, I've added the option to choose every picks (if you want to use this on draft day) and I've also added the option to manually enter the name of a player during the draft (for unranked players).

hYM4As5.png

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I see that you are sick of hearing that we are thin at “C” prospects.
Centers are carrying a high trade premium right now, plus they can always be shifted to wing. No to mention GR has been suffering from the lack of center prospects as well.

Even if Lombardi and Kasper turn out as well as everyone hopes, it wouldn't hurt to have more flexibility. Having too many centers just means someone gets shifted to wing or traded for RHD.

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
@wingsnut19 It's done, I've added the option to choose every picks (if you want to use this on draft day) and I've also added the option to manually enter the name of a player during the draft (for unranked players).

hYM4As5.png
Wow, this is amazing, thanks so much! I really appreciate this, it's perfect.

But let's not re-live the horrors of the past.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
9. Benson

17. Danielson

41. E. Gauthier

42. Heidt

43. Sawchyn

Don't expect us to make all of these picks realistically, but if we did I think this would really add some layers to our forward prospect depth.

Each player scored at a point-per-game or higher in their respective league. Lotta competitiveness which I think Yzerman and Draper value really highly, but it's blended with skill. I think you probably get two or three NHLers outta this group, with a real chance of adding high level player or two.

Last edited:

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
9 (1). David Reinbacher (RD)
41 (2). Riley Heidt (C)
42 (2). Charlie Stramel (C)
43 (2). David Edstrom (C)
73 (3). Etienne Morin (LD)
117 (4). Jacob Fowler (G)
137 (5). Jesse Nurmi (LW)
169 (6). Alexander Rykov (RW)
201 (7). Matteo Mann (RD)

41 (2). Mikhail Gulyayev (LD)
42 (2). Oliver Bonk (RD)
43 (2). Michael Hrabal (G)
73 (3). Nick Lardis (LW)
117 (4). Denver Barkey (C)
137 (5). Alexander Rykov (RW)
169 (6). Jesse Nurmi (LW)

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Just did a draft and got Dvorsky, Willander, my pet three of Edstrom, Wahlberg, and Nelson. I took Brady Cleveland at 73 where I should probably have taken G Damian Clara. Screw it, I’ll draft six goalies next year. Jacob Stancil, Matt Mann, Konor Smith, and Milt Oscarson rounded out my picks. Apparently I like size

• Haha
Reactions: Realgud

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Just did a draft and got Dvorsky, Willander, my pet three of Edstrom, Wahlberg, and Nelson. I took Brady Cleveland at 73 where I should probably have taken G Damian Clara. Screw it, I’ll draft six goalies next year. Jacob Stancil, Matt Mann, Konor Smith, and Milt Oscarson rounded out my picks. Apparently I like size
We're all picking the same guys with 41-43 knowing an well one is going to be a USHL player most here have never heard of, maybe one of the swedes we keep picking, and then someone totally random that Kriskon Drapersson identified that nobody else knows about.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
We're all picking the same guys with 41-43 knowing an well one is going to be a USHL player most here have never heard of, maybe one of the swedes we keep picking, and then someone totally random that Kriskon Drapersson identified that nobody else knows about.
I'm guessing the same thing. One US player (USHL or NTDP), one Swede (or possibly Fin), and one WTF pick.

It's like they're trying to impress us by wasting the second round picks and picking kids like Elmer, Lombardi and Mazur later in the draft, lol.

3 picks in a row, one of them has to pan out, so I'm hoping they don't go too far off the board.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
That's strange. My draft sheet says those are used towards Kyle Connor, Brett Pesce, and Jeremy Swayman. :D

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Whose kindergarten rankings allowed for Willander to slide to 73?
Ha, figured someone would notice that. I used the old McKenzie rankings, Willander was ranked behind all those guys, crazy. I didn't notice it myself at first, I was just picking the first RD on the list each time the Wings picked, and then I see Willander pop up in the 3rd round lol.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
When I run this with the lowest variance I routinely get Benson and Yager as BPA and I would be fine with both. They address our biggest need as far as offensive production from the forwards.

9 (1). Zach Benson (LW)
17 (1). Brayden Yager (C)
42 (2). Kasper Halttunen (RW)
73 (3). Beau Akey (RD)
117 (4). Matthew Mania (RD)
137 (5). Alexander Hellnemo (G)
169 (6). Anthony Romani (C)
201 (7). Mazden Leslie (RD)

Status
Not open for further replies.