Real Estate Still Available on Washington Capitals Island

kingsholygrail

3-2-2 IT BEGINS!
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
If you'd looked at his stats yesterday this time he'd have 2 points in 4 games.

His on ice play has been good. Not $8.5M good, maybe more like $6M, but certainly not the suckitude the Kings fans experienced/reported.

But really, to my first point - check back in a month, see if he has maintained quality consistently.
He had a decent start for the Kings last season too, then just sort of drifted off into oblivion.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Actually I was referring to the little flavored "juice" drinks that came in little, totally not recyclable, plastic bottles we'd have as a kid. Low grade kool-aid basically without all the mixing. So that was my word play reference on it. Maybe that was said as drank, but I grew up a suburb kid in the Twin Cities, so my lingo diction was not yet refined to proper levels.

I did not know the historical facts you referred, but I love those kind of hidden info treasures. Thanks for that.
locally a purple drank reference is still a bit of thing to some of the LSU crowd. I understand the indirect reference to drinking the kool-aid as a sign of agreement/submission and my whiff on not picking up your intentions. I had thought you were referring instead to drinking something to numb yourself to reality. Down here I've never seen any other references to the kiddie version of purple drink but what you said makes sense. It's one of those regional things that change from north to south and east to midwest in the US and there is an SNL sketch in there somewhere involving an LSU QB being asked to hand out drinks to kids in Minnesota at a birthday party.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I think it's purple drank. Purple drink (also sometimes called drank was allegedly developed by Laffitte's Blacksmith Shop as a cocktail. Purple Drank is made with prescription grade cough syrup which I think is what you were going for? Signed, someone old enough to remember the scandal with Jamarcus Russell and Purple Drank.

robert deniro purple drank

not posting it though

Reactions: My3Sons

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
locally a purple drank reference is still a bit of thing to some of the LSU crowd. I understand the indirect reference to drinking the kool-aid as a sign of agreement/submission and my whiff on not picking up your intentions. I had thought you were referring instead to drinking something to numb yourself to reality. Down here I've never seen any other references to the kiddie version of purple drink but what you said makes sense. It's one of those regional things that change from north to south and east to midwest in the US and there is an SNL sketch in there somewhere involving an LSU QB being asked to hand out drinks to kids in Minnesota at a birthday party.
Oh yeah I think they were called Robo shots here back when I was youngish. It was Robitussin and like soda/tonic water for base mix? Just sounded like bad news right from the get go, and I had a low bar when it came to things of that nature then.

Either reference works in the original context of the comment tbh

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
I've just bought a timeshare on Duhaime Lane.
You'll never be able to get out of it when it goes bad.

From memory: Purple jolly rancher(s), sprite, codeine cough syrup, xanax and vicodin?
(Also know as sizzurp.)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad