Value of: RD to Detroit

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
3-year deal for Trouba would be worth ~5.7M if he would sign today.

So if Rangers will retain 2.3M (29%), he will meet his current value.
not sure exactly how that was calculated, but seems close enuf
I was thinking a min of 1.5 and upwards of 2m retained, but we don't have to kill the deal over .3m more

So at 5.7 what does that look like?
When zadina was still on the roster, he was an obv cap dump option; no longer.

We have gettinger who you signed for under 1m.

Are looking for futures/cap relief

what seems to be a fit?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Launching Chiarot out of a cannon to open up a roster spot.

We saw Gudas and Schenn get big money this off-season, so I think there is value for a team if Detroit retained 1+ mil on Chiarot’s contract in a trade.

Is Murphy better than Chiarot?

He was LD in Sweden and mostly LD in Grand Rapids.
Confusing, originally asking for a RD, but trying to move a LD in Chiarot.
What are you offering up for a RD, gives us an idea how much you’ll get back.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I know CBJ was trash last season, but Peeke’s numbers look terribad. Is he a guy that would be a steady partner for a puck mover?

Peeke got forced into #1 minutes last year on a bad team, so his numbers rightfully look terrible, but he’s very well suited for a defensive #4 role, and he’s still young (25) and signed for a few more years (2.75 x 3). And Columbus has a lot of pieces that could make him expendable. Boqvist, Bean, and Blankenburg also would be available but don’t quite fit the description as well.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
3-year deal for Trouba would be worth ~5.7M if he would sign today.

So if Rangers will retain 2.3M (29%), he will meet his current value.
Trouba would get at least 6.5 on the open market.

Peeke got forced into #1 minutes last year on a bad team, so his numbers rightfully look terrible, but he’s very well suited for a defensive #4 role, and he’s still young (25) and signed for a few more years (2.75 x 3). And Columbus has a lot of pieces that could make him expendable. Boqvist, Bean, and Blankenburg also would be available but don’t quite fit the description as well.
Disagree on Peeke. He might be able to "play" on a 2nd pair on some teams, but he's not a #4 D at this point. he's a bottom pair guy. Maybe with consistent usage on a good team he can get to be a true #4. But right now if he's your 2nd best RD you probably aren't very good.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What are you offering up for a RD, gives us an idea how much you’ll get back.

Think I would offer Määttä for Trouba (with 2M retention). 3M guy for 2 years. That will open enough space to extend Lafreniere for ~5M.

Then would add some other incentives, like prospects, which NYR would ask.

Reactions: lilidk

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Any team trading for Karlsson might need to dump some salary, so you might be able to get their RHD who makes like 3-6M for relatively cheap who is still somewhat serviceable

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It matters because he plays better on the right.

Maybe from his personal point of view, but that's not how the league operates. There are many more left-handed guys in the league so some inevitably end up playing RD as their secondary position, yet no GM views that as preferable. Only rare exceptions like perhaps TJ Brodie at some point get penciled in that way by default.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
More than likely, the only RH dman Detroit would have interest in trading for would be Pesce, and the only way that happens, is if Karlsson ends up in Carolina now, and San Jose flips Pesce as part of that deal. Or, Carolina trades him because of that deal. Otherwise, Pesce likely rides into UFA as a member of the Canes.

Of course something could pop up, but doesn’t sound like anyone else might be trading a legit RH dman right now.

Ghost likely did himself well for playing time by signing in Detroit because he plays the right side too.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Disagree on Peeke. He might be able to "play" on a 2nd pair on some teams, but he's not a #4 D at this point. he's a bottom pair guy. Maybe with consistent usage on a good team he can get to be a true #4. But right now if he's your 2nd best RD you probably aren't very good.
As a CBJ fan you’re probably right. I think Peeke’s perception is dependent on his D partner. If you expect him to lead the breakout out of the Dzone, yeah you’re screwed. If you want him to stay home and pass the puck to an OFD, he has a chance.

I’d be interested to see how he’d look on a bottom pairing for a team like Vegas. What would his numbers look like? How would he compare to Whitecloud? I don’t have the answers for this obviously.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
There's this guy potentially out there on the trade market named Brett Pesce.....thoughts?

Wings are not in the position to be going after a guy who will be 29 a month into the season and is an expiring UFA. I probably wouldn't want to be extending him either after seeing what Severson got. Wings need to be going younger than that

Reactions: bernmeister

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Tanev seems like the perfect stop gap. A 2nd+ would probably do it, although I expect it'll happen closer to the deadline

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Hronek for a 1st+2nd
Way to small for not having the lateral quickness to survive in a series against teams like Ottawa over the next 10 years in the Atlantic Division. Wouldn’t last 2 games, withstanding the beating he would take before he was injured skating with his head down like he does….

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Wings are not in the position to be going after a guy who will be 29 a month into the season and is an expiring UFA. I probably wouldn't want to be extending him either after seeing what Severson got. Wings need to be going younger than that

That's why I think Trouba is more realistic, you'll get same aged guy for only 3 years. Don't hang on him for too long.

Yzerman's dream defence is to have 6 guys who are as mean as Chris Pronger was against him, and Trouba would fill another slot behind Seider.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad