RD Seamus Casey (2022, 46th, NJD)

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I’m sure you would have said the same thing 4 years ago had I said Ty Smith looked terrible and was overrated (I did)
You realize how silly it makes you look to comment on a player you haven't watched, right? Because nobody who watched those Casey this year would compare him to Smith.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
You realize how silly it makes you look to comment on a player you haven't watched, right? Because nobody who watched those Casey this year would compare him to Smith.
I didn’t compare him to Smith, I compared him to Addison and Deangelo.

The name Ty Smith was brought up to highlight how fans can and will overvalue a player because they are young and new. It also helps he was also a Devils prospect.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Casey more than held his own playing primarily with another young defenseman in Nemec *and* on his off side. It was always going to be a numbers game with Hughes and Pesce coming back, there was almost no chance he would stay up no matter how he played.

Comparing him DeAngelo and Addison is pretty comical.

Reactions: MitchMurphy

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I didn’t compare him to Smith, I compared him to Addison and Deangelo.

The name Ty Smith was brought up to highlight how fans can and will overvalue a player because they are young and new. It also helps he was also a Devils prospect.
Those comparisons warrant the same criticisms. Casey is a very solid defensive player, especially for a 20 year old kid.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He showed he is NHL ready and is a young exciting NHL player but it’s not a bad idea letting him play in the AHL a lot this season too. The schedule in pros is considerably different than what he’s used to in NCAA… I have no issue with this at all having him play in the minors

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad