RD Seamus Casey (2022, 46th, NJD)

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I didn’t compare him to Smith, I compared him to Addison and Deangelo.

The name Ty Smith was brought up to highlight how fans can and will overvalue a player because they are young and new. It also helps he was also a Devils prospect.

Shayne Ghostisbehere is a better comparison. They both use skating and shiftiness to create shooting lanes to get the puck on net.

Shayne is one of the best Dmen at this in the NHL.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Dougie’s just not good enough defensively to work that type of role if you’re taking out say Kovacevic. Going 7D though especially with Lazar out now too makes a lot of sense and you could fit them all in that way. Casey’s even got the versatility to take some shifts up front if you need it. They’re not going to do it though

Kovacevic being so good really screwed things up for Casey and Nemec both lol (also Nemec himself struggling as if he was as good as he was last year he’d still be playing)
A lot of plugs aren't great defensively either but they can PK since it's more about structure and getting in lanes. Unless he's that bad in the defensive zone? I always thought he was passable in the defensive end.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
A lot of plugs aren't great defensively either but they can PK since it's more about structure and getting in lanes. Unless he's that bad in the defensive zone? I always thought he was passable in the defensive end.
He's never really been asked to PK with NJ until this season. He's not a moron. I'm sure with some coaching and practice he'd be fine. His issue is really transition defending at the other team's blueline where he gets caught flatfooted way too often. He's generally passable in the defensive zone if not great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad