RD Luka Radivojevic - Örebro, SHL (2025 draft eligible)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Named to media all star team. Would be interesting to see him on a team who scored more like USA, Finland or Canada. What kind of points he would put up

SW2024

May 31, 2024
Hi,
What I always wonder about:
Having so many not very tall TOP Ds in NHL why is height STILL considered the main factor?

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
becuase come playoff time, if you have a team consisting of 6 D that play like Quinn Hughes, you won’t go far. Bigger forwards would eat that defence alive in front of the net.
This is a very common issue that most people are not understanding in the modern NHL. If you are an elite talent on the backend 6 feet or under, you can have a prominent role on an NHL team. The problem with going after all these small defensemen in the draft is that most of these elite defenders are drafted in the top half of the first round. Quinn Hughes and Cale Makar as examples. There are also countless examples of guys that might not have been worth the pick like Drysdale, York (he was a fine pick), and Soderstrom. Once you get your undersized superstar defenseman on the backend, you have to surround them with bigger defensemen that can fill roles that they are unable to fill. It's not easy finding those big defensive defensemen that excel in those roles in the NHL.

It's much easier to pull the trigger on guys in the first round that have qualities or builds outside of being electric offensively because you never know how it will translate to the next level. Sanderson over Drysdale is probably the most recent example of an NHL team doing this.

Reactions: wetcoast

SW2024

May 31, 2024
becuase come playoff time, if you have a team consisting of 6 D that play like Quinn Hughes, you won’t go far. Bigger forwards would eat that defence alive in front of the net.
... and how important is weight? In other words, given a choice between two D:

1. H: 5'10 W: 185 lbs
2. H: 6'03 W: 165 lbs

which one would you rather see on your team? Which one is more likely to get eaten alive?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
... and how important is weight? In other words, given a choice between two D:

1. H: 5'10 W: 185 lbs
2. H: 6'03 W: 165 lbs

which one would you rather see on your team? Which one is more likely to get eaten alive?
Give me the 6’3 kid all day long. You’re missing something incredibly important. A 17/18 year old can and will put on weight and add muscle. If that player is already capable player at that weight, you can only imagine what they’ll be once they inevitably put on weight. Their potential is much higher. It isn’t at all what they’ll be today, it’s what they’ll be in 5 years that matter.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

SW2024

May 31, 2024
Give me the 6’3 kid all day long. You’re missing something incredibly important. A 17/18 year old can and will put on weight and add muscle. If that player is already capable player at that weight, you can only imagine what they’ll be once they inevitably put on weight. Their potential is much higher. It isn’t at all what they’ll be today, it’s what they’ll be in 5 years that matter.
Thanks for sharing your opinion!
Somehow I tend to agree with Castle8130 that players do and should have different roles.
And to be honest, I personally prefer watching Hughes than some big, tall guys who hardly move.
How boring would the world be if we all shared the same opinion ;)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Thanks for sharing your opinion!
Somehow I tend to agree with Castle8130 that players do and should have different roles.
And to be honest, I personally prefer watching Hughes than some big, tall guys who hardly move.
How boring would the world be if we all shared the same opinion ;)
One is okay, anymore than that you’re going to run into trouble. This Slovakian defender is good, but he isn’t Hughes, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.:confused:

Reactions: hellwar9

SW2024

May 31, 2024
Saw this video in another thread... Really don't see anything spectacular... Is it me only?

• Haha
Reactions: kudla

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Watching him against Leksand in pre season game and he was great. I wonder once official roster is released before season starts for örebro if he will be listed closer to 6 feet, he looks taller than a year ago.

His assist is near the end of the game, great shot from the point and good tip in front of the net.

Reactions: Martinez89

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Radivojevic thinking skipping will get him a larger role at Orebro, I’d doubt it.
Örebro will most likely fight to avoid relegation this season so he'll have a huge opportunity to play a SHL games. The argument against would be that their head coach loves to play a defensive neutral zone trap system and want big defensemen in that system.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Watching him against Leksand in pre season game and he was great. I wonder once official roster is released before season starts for örebro if he will be listed closer to 6 feet, he looks taller than a year ago.

His assist is near the end of the game, great shot from the point and good tip in front of the net.

Nah, still small.

• Haha
Reactions: Pazucha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad