RD Landon Dupont - Everett Silvertips, WHL (2027 Draft)

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Youngest d-man to play on the WJC for Canada was Jay Bouwmeester at 16. Jaybo was a big kid though, and that was a long long time ago. That said, what i heard from a family member who was at the Regina game was "He looks like he's too good for the whl". Freakish really. Can't wait till Everett comes through BC. I'm already going to the Kamloops game, might try to go to Kelowna as well.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t see how you can pick him for the World Juniors. He’s probably too young to not be worried about his size and defense against the best junior hockey players in the world, not just potentially the best junior hockey league in the world. The WJC is basically an all star junior tournament, even if it’s been watered down of late.

How could you even have him on the same defense as Parekh? Their skillsets might be different as DuPont gets older, but functionally they are probably pretty similar right now and shoot the same way. It’s a role that many others on the team could fill, like Yakemchuk, who probably earned an NHL roster spot this season.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
There's literally 0% chance he makes the team. Like, I don't think they'd take him even if he were leading the WHL in points. He hasn't progressed through the Program of Excellence, Hockey Canada will not put him ahead of other kids who have.

Like Bedard, he will bypass the U17 Challenge, and go straight to the 2025 U18 Worlds, then probably play the 2026 WJC later that year.
He's actually not skipping the U17 Challenge, as he was one of 41 CHL players named to Team Canada for the showcase that takes place in Nov.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Bedard didn’t skip the tournament either. They didn’t hold one during COVID seasons. Had there been a tournament when he was in his exceptional status season, he absolutely would’ve been there.
That makes sense, I was wondering why he never played in the tournament.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
This kid is unbelievable. At his age, doing what he is doing is phenomenal.

Wish he played in Ontario so I could see him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad