RD Dominik Badinka - Malmö Redhawks, SHL (2024 Draft)

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
It would be like a dream sequence...

Kral/Galvas make the NHL as fulltimer next season
Hronek keeps this up and is actually this good
Jiricek makes the jump to the NHL and does well next season
Svozil does very well in AHL and makes NHL in 2 years
Dvorak goes in round 1
Hajek remains in NHL
Zboril remains in NHL
Badinka, Galvas and Jiricek all go in round 1
Spacek and Hamara eventually make the NHL
One of Has, Krutil, Alscher, Kubicek, Moravec make the NHL as outside chancers

If that all happens then our national team is actually competitive again and it's back to a big 6 as we have a lot of goalies in the game and a lot of forwards that are under 30.

Likelihood of all those bounces going our way ... 10 percent but I can dream dammit!
I would change Hajek remains in NHL to Hajek remains in hockey...

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't even want to know what the Rangers fans are saying about him again, just saw the clip of the last game.. They must honestly hate him after all this:help:
Ranger fans obviously aren't happy with the situation, but most laugh at it and take the situation as a joke rather than something to be extremely angry about. What I'm more angry about is how they treat Zac Jones. If Hajek is the 7th defenseman and plays 15 games a year instead of some veteran NHL plug (Ben Harpur, it makes little difference to me, but when they start playing him over players who can help the team (Zac Jones), it upsets me.

He seems like a great guy, and the team seems to love his work-ethic, character, attitude, and all that, but his hockey ability is extremely low and hurts the NHL team. He's an AHL level defenseman, and I don't think its going to change much.

His puck moving ability is well below NHL level, he brings very little offense, and he makes too many errors in his own-zone. He's gotten a little better at not chasing hits or the puck, but thats about all the improvement we've seen the last few years. He's big and skates well, but thats not enough to be a a capable NHL defenseman.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Ranger fans obviously aren't happy with the situation, but most laugh at it and take the situation as a joke rather than something to be extremely angry about. What I'm more angry about is how they treat Zac Jones. If Hajek is the 7th defenseman and plays 15 games a year instead of some veteran NHL plug (Ben Harpur, it makes little difference to me, but when they start playing him over players who can help the team (Zac Jones), it upsets me.

He seems like a great guy, and the team seems to love his work-ethic, character, attitude, and all that, but his hockey ability is extremely low and hurts the NHL team. He's an AHL level defenseman, and I don't think its going to change much.

His puck moving ability is well below NHL level, he brings very little offense, and he makes too many errors in his own-zone. He's gotten a little better at not chasing hits or the puck, but thats about all the improvement we've seen the last few years. He's big and skates well, but thats not enough to be a a capable NHL defenseman.
I'd love to argue with you on this and find some stats that show you're wrong... I have none.lol He's a warm NHL body. I hope it gets better for him and the Rangers tbh.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
If that were the case, it could mean three Czech defenders in the first round. It would be great.
Just the fact it's a relatively real possibility is great. But I don't see Badinka as a 1st rounder, even though he has made some good progress lately and his production has surprised me pleasantly.

Overall the 2024 draft could be really, really good for us as far as defensemen go though.

And another top prospect that avoided the extraliga.
Badinka had to leave, Chomutov's U20 team was relegated and their 'A' squad is in the 3rd Czech league, which is not even professional I believe. Of course, he could have gone to other Czech team and he chose Finland instead, can't blame him. Also helps he had gone with his twin brother, making this big decision easier to make.

But I don't think he goes anywhere if he had the chance to play U20 league combined with some Extraliga action in Chomutov, he more or less admitted that in some interview.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I wonder what is happening with Badinka. He had a great entry in the Finnish junior competition, only to practically stop scoring recently. He also played really badly on the last tour with the national team. So it's probably not a coincidence.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I wonder where he will play in the upcoming season. Looks like he isn't on the Jokerit U20 roster?

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Start of the season in the u20 league: 2games, 3pts. Not bad. I hope that in a while he will play in the adult team.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Hamrla, Burger and Badinka currently lead the U20 league in PPG (1,0) for defensemen entering the current draft.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Badinka has impressed me so far in his draft season, I really appreciate his game and think he has a legit shot to sneak into the first round this year. He has looked good in his looks in the SHL and is the man for Malmö in Sweden’s U20 league. I look at Badinka and his game in the article above!

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Badinka has impressed me so far in his draft season, I really appreciate his game and think he has a legit shot to sneak into the first round this year. He has looked good in his looks in the SHL and is the man for Malmö in Sweden’s U20 league. I look at Badinka and his game in the article above!
Nice writeups

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Excuse me for laughing, but I really can't help it anymore.. I value your opinion for a long time.
Whenever I saw Badinka in the national team in the past was an average player at best. Which was a big disappointment considering his reputation. He didn't play in the national team for a while, so I was curious how he would do in the November tournament. I saw the first two games, during the first one the coach probably took him out of the lineup (I doubt he was injured), he played poorly again. He didn't even play in the second match, and the coach then criticized some players that they probably didn't notice that they were playing for participation in the championship (and I'm sure he aimed his criticism at Badinka as well). The whole thing was confirmation for me that whenever I see him play, he is an average player. It seems to me that he has a lot of agility issues and by the time he decides what to do with the puck, he already has a forechecking player with him and that leads to more problems in the game.
And now there are three options. Either I don't understand hockey at all. May be.
Or he plays poorly in the national team whenever I watch him.
Or he only plays well in the club. Anyway, as a potential first rounder, I found his performances to be inadequate. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was left out of the championship nomination.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kudla

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
The very definition of stupidity. Hang on until the end to preserve your ego rather than admitting to being wrong.

Of the U19 defenders who have played in the SHL, there are only 7. With his right side and his size, he is necessarily an interesting prospect. If the Malmo coach plays him, it's because he must be at least good.

However, it's harder to join the SHL at this age than to play for the Czech U20 team.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Excuse me for laughing, but I really can't help it anymore.. I value your opinion for a long time.
Whenever I saw Badinka in the national team in the past was an average player at best. Which was a big disappointment considering his reputation. He didn't play in the national team for a while, so I was curious how he would do in the November tournament. I saw the first two games, during the first one the coach probably took him out of the lineup (I doubt he was injured), he played poorly again. He didn't even play in the second match, and the coach then criticized some players that they probably didn't notice that they were playing for participation in the championship (and I'm sure he aimed his criticism at Badinka as well). The whole thing was confirmation for me that whenever I see him play, he is an average player. It seems to me that he has a lot of agility issues and by the time he decides what to do with the puck, he already has a forechecking player with him and that leads to more problems in the game.
And now there are three options. Either I don't understand hockey at all. May be.
Or he plays poorly in the national team whenever I watch him.
Or he only plays well in the club. Anyway, as a potential first rounder, I found his performances to be inadequate. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was left out of the championship nomination.
Don’t worry about it, I love having discussions - I think it’s very important to hear conflicting view points when discussing prospects, helps bring another view point into the fold and it can help me see another angle of a player I haven’t thought of.

There are many players who’s play dips when playing for their respective national teams vs their play in Club Matches, there are also players who are on the complete opposite of this. I think with these players, it is important to not fully write a player off because of their play in one or the other, I also don’t think that is fair to the player you’re evaluating. I agree there are concerns with his game, puck retrievals need to be refined and he needs to work on his breakouts.

That being said, Badinka is a 6’3” physically imposing defender that moves well, has good offensive instincts and shoots right. I would say as it stands, Badinka is slated to go between #24-56 in the upcoming draft. You just can’t ignore the physical traits he possesses.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Don’t worry about it, I love having discussions - I think it’s very important to hear conflicting view points when discussing prospects, helps bring another view point into the fold and it can help me see another angle of a player I haven’t thought of.

There are many players who’s play dips when playing for their respective national teams vs their play in Club Matches, there are also players who are on the complete opposite of this. I think with these players, it is important to not fully write a player off because of their play in one or the other, I also don’t think that is fair to the player you’re evaluating. I agree there are concerns with his game, puck retrievals need to be refined and he needs to work on his breakouts.

That being said, Badinka is a 6’3” physically imposing defender that moves well, has good offensive instincts and shoots right. I would say as it stands, Badinka is slated to go between #24-56 in the upcoming draft. You just can’t ignore the physical traits he possesses.
That's for sure. I just laugh at the fact that in the national team he looks like a player who will hardly be drafted. As I write, I'm probably unlucky and he plays differently in the club;)

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
The very definition of stupidity. Hang on until the end to preserve your ego rather than admitting to being wrong.

Of the U19 defenders who have played in the SHL, there are only 7. With his right side and his size, he is necessarily an interesting prospect. If the Malmo coach plays him, it's because he must be at least good.

However, it's harder to join the SHL at this age than to play for the Czech U20 team.
The clown attacks!!
True, he may play great in the club and the coach withdraws him from the game in the national team. And I see the representation, what can be done, right?
And above all, please give me a holiday, mr. statistician. You're ruining my Saturday night.:facepalm:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
The clown attacks!!
True, he may play great in the club and the coach withdraws him from the game in the national team. And I see the representation, what can be done, right?
And above all, please give me a holiday, mr. statistician. You're ruining my Saturday night.:facepalm:
We'll see who the clown was in June.

You interpret the coach's actions as you want things to be and not as they are.

But at no time do you think that players do not systematically play friendly matches or tournaments at the end of the season and that other parameters come into play.

Considering the objectivity of your eye, I have serious doubts.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
We'll see who the clown was in June.

You interpret the coach's actions as you want things to be and not as they are.

But at no time do you think that players do not systematically play friendly matches or tournaments at the end of the season and that other parameters come into play.

Considering the objectivity of your eye, I have serious doubts.
Gee, I remember all your predictions.
For now, Mr. statistician.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Gee, I remember all your predictions.
For now, Mr. statistician.
When a guy, supposedly bad in U20 Finland, plays in SHL 6 months later, I think it's a good statistic.

You are Mr. Blind. And your first name isn't Danny. Good prospects from your country are so rare that out of ego, you criticize one of the few among them because a user predicted to you 1 year ago that Badinka would be selected before Galvas. Stupid

• Love
Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
When a guy, supposedly bad in U20 Finland, plays in SHL 6 months later, I think it's a good statistic.

You are Mr. Blind. And your first name isn't Danny. Good prospects from your country are so rare that out of ego, you criticize one of the few among them because a user predicted to you 1 year ago that Badinka would be selected before Galvas. Stupid
Yes, I love you too clown aka mr. Statistician.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad