RD Dominik Badinka - Malmö Redhawks, SHL (2024 Draft)

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
He's not even their highest scoring draft-eligible.

All it takes is one team to view Galvas as you do, and he'll be picked higher. However, there are a lot of defensemen with his profile, and most of them aren't late first or second rounders. The odds are better that he'll be picked 3rd or 4th round.
Hodnett is good too. But he's 5'8 meanwhile Jecho is 6'5(or 6'4?) And Jecho is a better goal scorer, has better +/- stats. Big players, like Honzek and Danielson, picked higher than small, productive forwards.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hodnett is good too. But he's 5'8 meanwhile Jecho is 6'5(or 6'4?) And Jecho is a better goal scorer, has better +/- stats. Big players, like Honzek and Danielson, picked higher than small, productive forwards.
I don't think Hodnett is going in the first or second round, so it wasn't a direct comparison of which player is going to be drafted higher. I think that'll be Jecho.

Honzek and Danielson were well over 1PPG last season.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I don't think Hodnett is going in the first or second round, so it wasn't a direct comparison of which player is going to be drafted higher. I think that'll be Jecho.

Honzek and Danielson were well over 1PPG last season.
Both were also late birthdays.

That being said, you’re right his skating worries the hell out of me.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Keep in mind that I like all the posters in the Galvas vs Badinka arguments.

I also love both prospects and want them to be first rounders.

For Badinka.. no U20 nomination sucks and may hurt his stock

BUT he does click the boxes that NHL teams want

Big RHD...

And he's full time in the Swedish League? The league that creates how many 1st round D a year? This isn't like cracking the extraliga as an undrafted 18 year old. Seems like he has a pro game that may tranlsate to NHL success down the line.

Arrows up IMO

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022

Big RHD...

And he's full time in the Swedish League? The league that creates how many 1st round D a year? This isn't like cracking the extraliga as an undrafted 18 year old. Seems like he has a pro game that may tranlsate to NHL success down the line.

Arrows up IMO

The concern of Galvas is his height. A 5'10 forward is decent/average, but a 5'10 defense is a little short for NHL, He's great, but I wonder if his size will hurt his stock

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
The concern of Galvas is his height. A 5'10 forward is decent/average, but a 5'10 defense is a little short for NHL, He's great, but I wonder if his size will hurt his stock
Hard to say.. if you are 5'10 and want to be in the NHL you better be elite at something. 5'10 is not a bad height for a 17 year old though... Hope he fills out. Loved watching him play and, I suspect, he will have a very good U18s.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Big RHD...

Arrows up IMO

I love how they send him straight up to 1st D and giving him this many minutes. Not some 4th line bs with 6-7min like most clubs do in Extraliga. Or he must be somehow special, if he is getting this much space.

But Galvas seems to be on 1st at Liberec also, and had another assist yesterday. But again just around 10mins on ice. His toi is crazy ranging from 5-16 mins throughout the season lol. Prospect like this needs to have at least 13-15mins damn.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I love how they send him straight up to 1st D and giving him this many minutes. Not some 4th line bs with 6-7min like most clubs do in Extraliga. Or he must be somehow special, if he is getting this much space.

But Galvas seems to be on 1st at Liberec also, and had another assist yesterday. But again just around 10mins on ice. His toi is crazy ranging from 5-16 mins throughout the season lol. Prospect like this needs to have at least 13-15mins damn.
That's why I didn't mind Jiricek being sent down. Young players need to play in the positions they will be good at as pro's. So I hope he gets 20+ a night and special teams time.

Extraliga teenagers get the worst deployment in history. Sale, Necas, Svozil, Kulich and now Galvas.. it's always inconsistent and all over the place. 'Go get the pucks kid!'.

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
That's why I didn't mind Jiricek being sent down. Young players need to play in the positions they will be good at as pro's. So I hope he gets 20+ a night and special teams time.

Extraliga teenagers get the worst deployment in history. Sale, Necas, Svozil, Kulich and now Galvas.. it's always inconsistent and all over the place. 'Go get the pucks kid!'.
Jiricek started off in AHL with 0+3 ... but still was kinda hoping he can be NHL ready this season already, like Nemec. Sure Nemec has a better role in NJD, going on PP and NJD is a better team, but still.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Jiricek started off in AHL with 0+3 ... but still was kinda hoping he can be NHL ready this season already, like Nemec. Sure Nemec has a better role in NJD, going on PP and NJD is a better team, but still.
Different paths... Jiricek started in NHL first and got some points. Nemec quietly went to AHL and worked on all situations. They brought him up and gave him the deployment we want for Jiricek.

Not giving Jiricek PP time is criminal IMO. He's an offensive defender. Having said that.. I like that they've given him good D partners and minutes. I'm like what they are doing right now and I think he got called back up. I would've preferred more time in the AHL and let him rack up some points and play 24 a night!

Currently, Nemec is winning but I want to see both as 22 year old defenders and see how is doing better. To be clear, I'm hoping for a tie.lol

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Apologize if I missed it. Was Badinka injured during the WJC or did he not make the Czech team?

Central Scouting has him ranked 12th amongst International skaters (fourth among defensemen).

Does that equate to him being a 1st/2nd round pick?

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Apologize if I missed it. Was Badinka injured during the WJC or did he not make the Czech team?

Central Scouting has him ranked 12th amongst International skaters (fourth among defensemen).

Badinka is a big fight amongst the Czech posters.lol.

They cut him or didn't invite him... That isn't outrageous as he is not yet drafted and 18. But they took Tomas galvas who ranks lower. So the galvas vs badinka fight has broken out!

Most say he was invited to a Czech U20 summer camp and was benched.

Czechs also seem to be avoiding Svozils brother. Strange times as he seems very promising too.

Badinka is playing with good ice team in a league know for producing great D. He's also got size and is RHD.

So, despite being cut or ignored, he has been a riser all season as he has the things NHL GM's like.. size and RHD.

Lately I see him at end of round 1 or start of round 2 in the latest rankings. Galvas is usually around 50ish.

My guess is 30 to 40. But.. I do have a Czech bias and we need D badly.lol

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

They cut him or didn't invite him... That isn't outrageous as he is not yet drafted and 18. But they took Tomas galvas who ranks lower. So the galvas vs badinka fight has broken out!

Czechs also seem to be avoiding Svozils brother. Strange times as he seems very promising too.

Badinka is playing with good ice team in a league know for producing great D. He's also got size and is RHD.

So, despite being cut or ignored, he has been a riser all season as he has the things NHL GM's like.. size and RHD.

Lately I see him at end of round 1 or start of round 2 in the latest rankings. Galvas is usually around 50ish.

Thanks as always.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

He played badly in the national team and the coach probably doesn't like him (I even found a post by a swedish journalist who claimed this), so he was most likely left out of the nomination.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Shame he can't play for u18 anymore. But funny is that even though we gonna miss two key defenders (Jiricek, Badinka) we can still have pretty good D, build around Galvas and Fibigr and supported with interesting underagers Cerny and Mrtka.

Damn if Badinka was still eligible and Jiricek not injured with would have pretty stacked D for this year U18s.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Shame he can't play for u18 anymore. But funny is that even though we gonna miss two key defenders (Jiricek, Badinka) we can still have pretty good D, build around Galvas and Fibigr and supported with interesting underagers Cerny and Mrtka.

Damn if Badinka was still eligible and Jiricek not injured with would have pretty stacked D for this year U18s.

Didn't realize he has a twin brother Daniel Badinka who is also in Malmo with the U20 team. Anything to see in terms of a prospect?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Didn't realize he has a twin brother Daniel Badinka who is also in Malmo with the U20 team. Anything to see in terms of a prospect?
Almost certainly not. He was never a player that was talked about as much as his brother. His statistics aren't any more interesting either, he didn't play much in the national team.

Reactions: czech

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad