RD Carter Yakemchuk - Calgary Hitmen, WHL (2024, 7th, OTT)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I realize that yes... thanks for the sarcasm too

For the most part, MANY of people on here watch a few youtube clips and also their hatred for rival teams affect their thoughts on players... its been going on for years in here.

All im saying is when outlandish comparisons happen on here, its extremely easy to tell who hasnt really seen players play.

People sure think it is easy to tell. And then level accusations at others who actually have watched more juniors than they have.

I'm a big fan of this player but he's been divisive long before the Sens came into the picture. The Sens aren't why he was ranked anywhere from #3 to #33? People have different opinions after watching the same thing.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
People sure think it is easy to tell. And then level accusations at others who actually have watched more juniors than they have.

I'm a big fan of this player but he's been divisive long before the Sens came into the picture. The Sens aren't why he was ranked anywhere from #3 to #33? People have different opinions after watching the same thing.
I don't go through all the prospects threads, but it's just like with Sanderson back a couple of years where many posters were parroting that he was strictly a defensive defenseman with a low ceiling. Sometimes it's quite easy to know who has seen them and who hasn't.

Yakemchuk is another Bogosian/Gudbranson/Schenn is just like saying Celibrini is another Patrick Stefan.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Yak's defensive and skating flaws have been exaggerated. The former is what you have in a Dman who scores 70 points in a season, rather than staying back and being a sound defensive D who scores 25pts. That's nice and all, but no one drafts players like that high in the first round.

His skating looks fine to me, with maybe a few rough spots that can be ironed out. The criticisms on here making him out to be some clunky, stiff skater who has trouble moving remind me of the criticisms of Lundell in his draft year, though Lundell was actually criticized more.

His strengths, and potential strengths, far outweigh the flaws in his game. What's more, he will be a good fit for OTT. Just hope they don't rush him into the league, and make sure he gets proper coaching and advice to prepare him in the meantime.

Reactions: bert and SNES

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1