RD Axel Sandin Pellikka - Skellefteå, SHL (2023, 17th, DET)

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
He would probably play in the NHL and AHL for some franchises but Detroits are or will be stacked at D with young promising prospects.
Would be funny if he can take a top4 spot next year already. And I hope they will play him in the first PP with Raymond and others. That's his strength. No matter how good Seider and others are, I really hope they use him right. Because if he keeps this going and further develops through the year I don't believe one year in AHL next year will be a must or needed.

Last edited:

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
He would probably play in the NHL and AHL for some franchises but Detroits are or will be stacked at D with young promising prospects.
Would be funny if he can take a top4 spot next year already. And I hope they will play him in the first PP with Raymond and others. That's his strength. No matter how good Seider and others are, I really hope they use him right. Because if he keeps this going and further develops through the year I don't believe one year in AHL next year will be a must or needed.
Couldn't agree more. He looks so filthy this year. Obviously he's still a ways off but I think he has a shot to make a lot of teams regret passing on him.

Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Couldn't agree more. He looks so filthy this year. Obviously he's still a ways off but I think he has a shot to make a lot of teams regret passing on him.
Yep. I'm a Philly fan and besides Michkov perhaps, I would trade anything for ASP. He has the potential to drive a PP with one or two good forwards.

Personally? I would trade Farabee, Tippett and Drysdale against ASP without blinking. Or in all honesty, I would trade everyone with Michkov being the exception. Flyers depth and talent level is so low. They should tank lol.

Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019

A Swedish Topi Niemela​

Lol. Though I would actually love Niemelä in the Flyers. He's easily more talented than most of our prospects and current D's imo. Not ASP level and especially not as a quarterback but still a good prospect with a sneaky shot and decent offense.
I mean have the Maple Leafs been good at developing any of their D prospects lately? No, not in my opinion.
Also Willy is their most consistent one in offense. Marner is overrated when it matters and Matthews is of course better but hasn't progressed much since he came to the league.

But yeah, even if ASP is on another level? I would pick Niemelä before Andrae everyday.

Reactions: dj Mahoney

Goggles

Dec 20, 2022
I nicknamed him "hyphen" when I saw him for a knockout round game at the WJC in Moncton against Finland. Outside of my Michkov prayer that was answered at the draft. He was my very close second choice. Cried when he went to Detroit but he will flourish and torment me for many years much to my delight. I should like to see him in person with the Red wings jersey working on trying to shut down Michkov. Oh joy. I am so jealous of the sheer talent Detroit now has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad