Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
If I were invested financially and emotionally in the later, then what’s the issue with voicing concern over it?

Obviously to each their own. But the deal got done before the season and it's a very good deal. There's not cause for concern.

My main point was even if they ended up right about where everyone thought they would, that doesn't mean they could've just done it on day 1. That's not how negotiations typically work. Especially not ones involving 8 years of someone's life and $64 million.

Reactions: sepster

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Obviously to each their own. But the deal got done before the season and it's a very good deal. There's not cause for concern.

My main point was even if they ended up right about where everyone thought they would, that doesn't mean they could've just done it on day 1. That's not how negotiations typically work. Especially not ones involving 8 years of someone's life and $64 million.
Yup.

Negotiations are a bitch up until an agreement is made. For Raymond’s deal, I’d imagine that this very agreement has been on the table for months. But neither Yzerman nor Raymond’s agent had any impetus to show their hand.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Wait... training camp only lasts for 4 days??

Excuse me for shifting my goalposts a bit, but now I firmly don't give a toot if Seider were to miss it. I was thinking it was like 2.5 weeks long like in the NFL and I was kind of on the fence of maybe caring a little bit.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Yup.

Negotiations are a bitch up until an agreement is made. For Raymond’s deal, I’d imagine that this very agreement has been on the table for months. But neither Yzerman nor Raymond’s agent had any impetus to show their hand.
I'd wager they were asking around 8.2-8.3 and Yzerman wanted 7.9 and they finally caved and met in the middle

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Yzerman says Seider and Raymond both are still on their old work VISA's and should be relatively easy to get them renewed.

Said if Seider dragged out and his VISA expired, then it would take longer to get it updated.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Wait... training camp only lasts for 4 days??

Excuse me for shifting my goalposts a bit, but now I firmly don't give a toot if Seider were to miss it. I was thinking it was like 2.5 weeks long like in the NFL and I was kind of on the fence of maybe caring a little bit.

when people talk about "camp" they're usually talking about stuff like preseason too whatever the technical definition of "training camp" is, I know I certainly mean both of those when I say "camp"

Reactions: Winger98 and izlez

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Nothing. You would be voicing concern over something you are 100% ignorant about in both cases.
This is quite a bad argument. This means you also shouldn’t be happy about anything the team does as you are 100% ignorant either way. To have any emotion in response to the teams actions is foolish as you are not an NHL player or executive.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
This is quite a bad argument. This means you also shouldn’t be happy about anything the team does as you are 100% ignorant either way. To have any emotion in response to the teams actions is foolish as you are not an NHL player or executive.

Id argue having an emotion in response to unsigned players during the offseason/training camp is foolish.

Just let the process playout and be happy/upset when they sign/actually miss games.

Reactions: jkutswings

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Id argue having an emotion in response to unsigned players during the offseason/training camp is foolish.

Just let the process playout and be happy/upset when they sign/actually miss games.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad