Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Judging by the onslaught of goalie signings and the fact that they're comfortable just sitting on $17M in cap, I wouldn't be surprised if they're already aware of and plan to be LTIRing Husso's $4.75M.

I'm not predicting that, I'm just saying it's fishy that they signed Talbot and Campbell with Lyon and Husso already under contract.
even if they bury husso in ahl, frees up 1mil aav if i not mistaken

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The problem is that there isn't enough cap space to sign those 2 to long term deals and Berggren without moving players.
All cause of the horrendous UFA signings in Holl. Copp, Chiarot etc.
Those 3 costs around 18 million as there is no way you can argue Seider lower than 8.5 after the faber signing and no way you can argue Raymond lower than 8 after the Jarvis signing.

And you do not want to piss off your cornerstone players of the future. Boston did that with Swayman which isn't working out great.
8 mil for raymond, 8.5 for Seider and 1.1 for Berggren doesn't seem too farfetched and adds up to 17.6 mil, coincidentally exactly what we have available.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It's amazing how after more than 5 years with Yzerman team is still struggling with cap and cup , getting into playoffs

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
even if they bury husso in ahl, frees up 1mil aav if i not mistaken
It's the NHL minimum(775k) plus 375K. 1.150 million saved on the cap if you send Husso or Justin Holl down. They get paid their full salaries in the AHL though.

Reactions: Ulysses31

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
8 mil for raymond, 8.5 for Seider and 1.1 for Berggren doesn't seem too farfetched and adds up to 17.6 mil, coincidentally exactly what we have available.

$8.5M is optimistic for Seider. I guess maybe that's the hang-up and he could wear Seider down to that, but realistically that's the deal Sanderson (Inflated) and Faber got. And both of them got it for only one year of results.

Reactions: odin1981

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It's fine if , we don't make playoffs this season, but it's not fine if we have no extra money to get #2 defansman, or other needs

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Might not need a number 2 is Ed comes along. Plenty of room next season, I'm surprised people are shocked that after signing Raymond and Seider we would be up against it.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Ok now that we're into September, a serious question.

What date should we actually start to worry if they're not signed? When is camp and whatnot?
Oct 10th. The problem with any of these negotiations is that the agent never will allow their player to sign (unless the player is more in control) until there is a pressure point that forces the negotiation to the next level and give the player any sort of leverage. That first pressure point is the opening of Training Camp. The 2nd is the beginning of preseason games. The final one is the start of the season.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Oct 10th. The problem with any of these negotiations is that the agent never will allow their player to sign (unless the player is more in control) until there is a pressure point that forces the negotiation to the next level and give the player any sort of leverage. That first pressure point is the opening of Training Camp. The 2nd is the beginning of preseason games. The final one is the start of the season.

Technically Dec. 1st is the final.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I feel like the term and money for Seider may be done and they are just finishing up some terms, but we won't see the name on the line until right before camp or until Ray is signed because Yzerman isn't going to risk him being poached by an offer sheet.

I don't think there is a ton of negotiating to be done on a Seider deal. Lots of comparable out there and he has been a #1 dman for 3 seasons now. He has the history to back up a long term big money deal.

Ray's negotiation is a different matter. Is he a 60-65 pt guy consistently or is he about to become the superstar he hinted at last season. If he signs a long term deal he is going to want to get paid like the 80/90pt guy I'm sure he thinks he'll be. Stevie is fighting for what he has already proven. He needs to be in camp. If he isn't think is an L for Stevie. If this team wants a shot at the playoffs, they have to come out of the gate playing good hockey. You can't do that if your likely 2nd best forward isn't on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad