WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
IMG_9065.jpeg

Also says Raymond will be close to Debrincat number

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
View attachment 898957

Also says Raymond will be close to Debrincat number
Faber just got $8.5 mill AAV and Sanderson is at $8 mill. So, in the right ballpark given those recent signings in the past year. Heiskenan is at $8.45 mill, and that contract has been on the books for 3 seasons already. He's going into year 4 of that deal.

Power is at $8.35 on a 7 year deal.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I like Raymond more.
Raymond is more fun aNd he's a forward and of course Seider is not Makar , but Seider is like a machine and he recovers from injury much faster than most. Both are high hockey IQ , but Seider since day one is our #1 Defansman, while we don't know if Raymond our #2 or #3 or even #4 our best forward

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Man, IMO they're doing a disservice to themselves if they sign anything $8M or under and long-term

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Think Seider value table goes like this:

1-year, 5.3M
2-year, 5.5M
3-year, 5.9M
4-year, 6.2M
5-year, 7.0M
6-year, 7.6M
7-year, 8.1M
8-year, 8.5M

You never see contracts structured like this firstly. Second of all there is absolutely no way seider is signing a 8 year contract at 6.7 cap hit. Not a chance.

Not sure if your post was bait

think SY could get lil extra cap by burying holl or husso in minors
Ya like 1.15m

• Haha
Reactions: simonedvinsson

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
You never see contracts structured like this firstly. Second of all there is absolutely no way seider is signing a 8 year contract at 6.7 cap hit. Not a chance.

Not sure if your post was bait

I think he's saying those are the cap hits he expects for each deal. So the 8 year would have an $8.5 cap hit.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I think he's saying those are the cap hits he expects for each deal. So the 8 year would have an $8.5 cap hit.
Oh ok. I misread it. My bad. I still don't think he gets less than 7m regardless of term. No chance he signs a 4 year deal for that cap hit. And he's not signing anything less than a 3 year 21m deal minimum imo

Reactions: norrisnick

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
That's... not how negotiating works.

So it’s codified somewhere that the GM has to have a prolonged negotiation instead of paying the player what they’re worth? That’s news to me.

The various salary table predictors on the internet have proven to be pretty accurate on depicting actual values for players. GMs and agents can posture all they want but players are mostly signing deals comparable to what the calculators show with few exceptions.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Oh ok. I misread it. My bad. I still don't think he gets less than 7m regardless of term. No chance he signs a 4 year deal for that cap hit. And he's not signing anything less than a 3 year 21m deal minimum imo

Seider is not gonna get more than Rasmus Dahlin did with his 3-year bridge. :D (like you are saying, 7M for 3-year at least)

Just check the damn comparables. It isn't even near. 5% yearly cap rise doesn't double the contract values.

Dobson got 4.0M 3-year deal after his ELC. Those short non-arbitration RFA years are pure bargain years. Guys won't get paid and those years also pull the long-term caphit down. Dobson had scored 51 points at 80 games and played 21:28min. That's better than any Seider season so far. He has had 50-42-42 seasons, points per game from multi-year is pretty same.

Dobson signed at August 13th, just before the new season, so it wasn't anyhow year-early like this Faber-deal.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
So it’s codified somewhere that the GM has to have a prolonged negotiation instead of paying the player what they’re worth? That’s news to me.

The various salary table predictors on the internet have proven to be pretty accurate on depicting actual values for players. GMs and agents can posture all they want but players are mostly signing deals comparable to what the calculators show with few exceptions.
It sounds easy when you put it like that. I wonder if real life is more complicated. Probably not.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Seider is not gonna get more than Rasmus Dahlin did with his 3-year bridge. :D (like you are saying, 7M for 3-year at least)

Just check the damn comparables. It isn't even near. 5% yearly cap rise doesn't double the contract values.

Dobson got 4.0M 3-year deal after his ELC. Those short non-arbitration RFA years are pure bargain years. Guys won't get paid and those years also pull the long-term caphit down. Dobson had scored 51 points at 80 games and played 21:28min. That's better than any Seider season so far. He has had 50-42-42 seasons, points per game from multi-year is pretty same.

Dobson signed at August 13th, just before the new season, so it wasn't anyhow year-early like this Faber-deal.
And Dahlin and Dobson both had two years worse than anything Seider had done to date.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023

No. But if the GM has made it a point to keep a 9M "placeholder" in the budget for Raymond and a 9M "placeholder" for Seider... what does he lose by not immediately signing them to it in May, but instead negotiating through the summer? They probably think "We have 8.5 and 8.5 in our back pocket. Let's talk and maybe we get a million of that back annually for 8 years."

The handwringing on these deals is a fan thing. Yzerman and Co clearly are not sweating it.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3