WWE: Raw and Smackdown Part 4 - The Paul Levesque Era

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
How many wrestlers main evented in their main roster PPV/PLE debut?

Probably a lot of guys from the early PPV days but how about since let's say the early 90s? And not counting Royal Rumble matches.

Jacob Fatu and Solo Sikoa. Booker T and DDP at Invasion 2001.

As I was writing this, I somehow thought of Brian Pillman. He main evented the July 1997 IYH which was also his PPV debut.

Who else?

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
How many wrestlers main evented in their main roster PPV/PLE debut?

Probably a lot of guys from the early PPV days but how about since let's say the early 90s? And not counting Royal Rumble matches.

Jacob Fatu and Solo Sikoa. Booker T and DDP at Invasion 2001.

As I was writing this, I somehow thought of Brian Pillman. He main evented the July 1997 IYH which was also his PPV debut.

Who else?
Giant Gonzalez at the Royal Rumble and Kane's intro at hiac?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
It'll be interesting to see how long they're really wanting to drag out this shit with Roman/Solo. I wonder if they're actually gonna try to make it to Mania.

You'd assume they've penciled in Bloodline vs. Bloodline at War Games, which means you've got from Roman returning around Summer Slam until Survivor Series to put Roman, Jimmy, Jey, and maybe Sami back together. I don't think you have a Roman/Solo singles match before that, because what's the need for War Games if you put Roman over Solo?

And Rock is probably working Cody at Mania 41. So they're gonna have to drag Rock/Roman out to Mania 42.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
There's potential for a massive Mania card in the works already, honestly. Realistically, I can see them doing:

Rock vs. Cody

Roman vs. Solo/Seth
- I dunno that Seth is in their booking but he's in mine. They planted the seeds for Roman's revenge against Seth costing him the title. Roman still doesn't have a pin over Seth, I don't think. I also think Seth needs to go on a cold streak through Mania that leads to a heel turn.

Punk vs. Drew/Seth - This one could be for a belt. Alvarez brought up the idea that Punk loses to Drew at SS, Drew goes on to win one of the belts, and they do a rematch at WM with Punk going over. I kinda like that. I think Drew needs to kill Punk in their first match. A loss doesn't hurt Punk, but with as many times as Punk has screwed Drew, he kinda looks like a bitch if he doesn't win.

Gunther vs. Cena - This needs to be Cena challenging for #17... And Cena doesn't necessarily need to win. Gunther's a great opponent for Cena too because he doesn't really need to do a whole lot besides get the shit beat out of him, sell, and rally. And Gunther can do it safely.

That's four matches that could honestly main event most Wrestlemanias and wouldn't look out of place.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I gotta say, I got a kick out of fans bitching about Loa botching his interference at MITB...

Like, dude banged his head so hard that it got an audible "Ohhhh..." from the audience, locked up immediately, and then was sweating profusely after the match even though he didn't do much of anything.

Dude pretty clearly got f***ed up.

Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad