Prospect Info: Rasmus Kumpulainen, C, 53rd Overall, 2023 NHL Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I like this for Kump. He got a taste of North American hockey and now he can go back to a men’s league and continue to develop against better competition. He always looks like an NHLer to me so hopefully he can cultivate a defensive game and become a Soderberg type wrecking ball in the bottom 6

Reactions: Digitalbooya

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
MN can't actually do anything about him going back home unless they put him on the NHL squad. They can't tell him to stay in the CHL or send him to the AHL.
They could send him to the AHL if they really wanted to. He signed his contract. He was also drafted out of Europe, so he doesn't have to be over 20.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
They could send him to the AHL if they really wanted to. He signed his contract. He was also drafted out of Europe, so he doesn't have to be over 20.

He has an Euro assignment clause in his contract (signed a few months ago). Those are pretty common and (usually) just cover the slide years of a players ELC. JEE had one as an example.

Marat K; which is odd for a player his age; also have an Euro assignment clause, but it specifically says for the 24-25 season. So it's NHL or KHL for him next year.

The contract reports/speculation for Yurov was that he was wanting the same thing. Sign the ELC but still stay in the KHL next season and it would have burned a year of his ELC.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
We (Pelicans) definitely have a nice spot for him, bit light on centers at the moment, so depending on how it goes, he could play anything from 2C to 3C.

We're probably still getting one more center, so i'd wager he will start as 3C, we'll see.
Appreciate more details on his new team, also appreciate any updates along the way if you feel inclined to post!

I am looking forward to his progress throughout this season. I expect he will be challenged for early production, but I think he is well prepared to play in a pro system. I expect he becomes an important player by season end, whatever line he features on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad