Proposal: Rasmus Andersson to Utah

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who win?

• Total voters

Ledge And Dairy

Agree with the first line and the Flames really need to keep him.

The trade value is "fairish" but really Ramus is worth the 6th pick straight up easily and maybe then some.

He is a top pairing Dman who is on a very good contract for the next 2 years.

I took the last option of Utah wins by alot.
It's hard to justify 6th OA+. Chychrun when for a 1st in the 10-15 range and 2 2nds, and Hronek went for a 1st in that same range just without the 2nds. I think Ras has more value than Hronek did but I'm not sure I can justify much more than Chychrun.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It's hard to justify 6th OA+. Chychrun when for a 1st in the 10-15 range and 2 2nds, and Hronek went for a 1st in that same range just without the 2nds. I think Ras has more value than Hronek did but I'm not sure I can justify much more than Chychrun.
I don't think that Chychrun is really comparable as he seldom could stay healthy before his trade, Anderson has the better track record.

I also don't think that the Flames do a complete teardown.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
To CGY
6th Overall
‘25 NYR 2nd
‘26 NYR 2nd

To UTA
Andersson
28th Overall
Basically moving Andersson for the 6th. A late first this year for 2 future 2nds is a wash.

Calgary gets best of this one. That pick is a good one. Probably Dickinson or Buium. Either superior to Andersson. Plus they 10 years younger. Trade not close to fair value actually

Reactions: Dog

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Better to trade Andersson now because the way Flames are trending, his production/age (trade value) only going to get less desirable.

Yeah.
Top pairing type guys never have much value as expiring contracts or anything.

Basically moving Andersson for the 6th. A late first this year for 2 future 2nds is a wash.

Calgary gets best of this one. That pick is a good one. Probably Dickinson or Buium. Either superior to Andersson. Plus they 10 years younger. Trade not close to fair value actually

Two guys who've never played a game in this league in what is considered a fairly average draft, are already superior to a top pairing RD who's under 30.
HF, never change.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Calgary takes this and runs.

RA is a fine player, but not a cornerstone guy or someone you give up the 6th pick for. I'd need something way nicer than 28 coming back to even consider it as Utah, esp throwing in 2 future 2nds

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Yeah.
Top pairing type guys never have much value as expiring contracts or anything.

Two guys who've never played a game in this league in what is considered a fairly average draft, are already superior to a top pairing RD who's under 30.
HF, never change.
Seth Jones on a bottom feeder says hi.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Calgary takes this and runs.

RA is a fine player, but not a cornerstone guy or someone you give up the 6th pick for. I'd need something way nicer than 28 coming back to even consider it as Utah, esp throwing in 2 future 2nds

Would you guys find the trade more fair if the two future 2nds were replaced by Victor Soderstrom?

6+Soderstrom for 28+Andersson

A bit simplified. But is it more balanced?

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Seth Jones is also owed 9.5M dollars until the end of time that you can't buy out.
Andersson at 4.5M for two more years, with no contract bonus structures or clauses.
On a bottom feeder your stats tank. You can't produce when all the talent has been traded away.

Andersson is more valuable than Jones, but the point is your value tanks on bad teams.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
On a bottom feeder your stats tank. You can't produce when all the talent has been traded away.

Andersson is more valuable than Jones, but the point is your value tanks on bad teams.

Does it?
On short term contracts? Seems like last year Calgary maximized the assets they had for all their UFA's/Soon-to-be UFA's.

In a vacuum is Rasmus worth a top 10 pick in a weak draft? I mean probaby; especially as we get into the 7-8-9-10 range. In reality? Well no, because most guys drafting there are there for a reason and that reason is they aren't one player away from turning the ship around.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 3-4 years people were talking about Jones being a really good asset to trade for.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
The value is fine. Like most Flames proposals though, this leaves Calgary needing to add salary somehow. They're already right around the cap floor and don't have a ton of open roster spots.

They could offer to eat some bad contracts in return for more picks, but it's unclear if they're willing to do that.

Kielbasa

Mar 28, 2023

This is so typical of HFboards. Dickinson and Buuim could be better if they hit their ceilings, but that's not even a 50/50 chance, let alone a garuntee. Andersson is a 2/3 Dman right now, and on a sweetheart contract.

If Utah is looking to hit the ground running in a new market, trading the first for a major upgrade on defence is better than having a prospect who might be better than him... In 5 years from now.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
This is so typical of HFboards. Dickinson and Buuim could be better if they hit their ceilings, but that's not even a 50/50 chance, let alone a garuntee. Andersson is a 2/3 Dman right now, and on a sweetheart contract.

If Utah is looking to hit the ground running in a new market, trading the first for a major upgrade on defence is better than having a prospect who might be better than him... In 5 years from now.
Dickinson going to be a stud. No doubt there. Trade a steal for Calgary

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC

Andersson is what you hope the 6th OV turns into lol

Reactions: HitterD

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I would say this is a Draft Day trade. If someone like Silayev is available at 6, make this deal and take him. If not, see if there's a better package we could get with picks 11-13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad