Proposal: Rasmus Andersson to Utah

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who win?

• Total voters

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Aren't you the one saying Utah won't trade that pick? You won't entertain Crouse + 6th for Power but you'll make this thread? A little confusing.

I don't think this would be Andersson's value. I think Utah could get him or a similar defenseman for less. I think it makes more sense to give up someone like Crouse than it does for 6th overall, and I don't think that makes much sense either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53 and Dog

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Aren't you the one saying Utah won't trade that pick? You won't entertain Crouse + 6th for Power but you'll make this thread? A little confusing.

I don't think this would be Andersson's value. I think Utah could get him or a similar goaltender for less. I think it makes more sense to give up someone like Crouse than it does for 6th overall, and I don't think that makes much sense either.
Wait, do you think Rasmus Andersson is a goalie?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
The only way I want to see Ras moved is if the offer is one you can't turn down
This one is tempting....

I also disagree that his value will drop, he'll have more offensive opp's with Han gone

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The only way I want to see Ras moved is if the offer is one you can't turn down
This one is tempting....

I also disagree that his value will drop, he'll have more offensive opp's with Han gone
I think if you can get a pick inside the top 13 (exact spot doesn't really matter unless it's #1 in this draft) and a small add you pull the trigger on Andersson now. But I'm an advocate of a full rebuild. Our defense would be comically bad if you delete Andersson or Weegar. It's basically those 2 and a collection of 6/7 types presently.

Ledge And Dairy

I think if you can get a pick inside the top 13 (exact spot doesn't really matter unless it's #1 in this draft) and a small add you pull the trigger on Andersson now. But I'm an advocate of a full rebuild. Our defense would be comically bad if you delete Andersson or Weegar. It's basically those 2 and a collection of 6/7 types presently.
I think with Markstrom gone we are basically guaranteed a bottom 10 team next year. However I don't think there is any chance Calgary will go full rebuild. If we do it your way we will be selling Zary, Coronato, and Pelletier at some point too since they will be 27-29 by the time we can truly bottom out

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't think the "value" is even necessarily off with this. The thing that's weird to me though, is that a huge part of Rasmus Andersson's value is intrinsic to his absolutely steal of a contract.

Like, that $4.55M for two years deal is the kind of thing that i think a real "contender" would potentially pay through the nose for. It'd give a team tight to the cap so much more flexibility in what they do with the rest of their roster. Basically getting a big minutes all situations top-pair RHD for what is more like #4/5 tweener money.

Utah are...the last team in the league that'd i'd think have any real "value" in cap utility like that for the next two years.

So that makes the trade kind of weird to me. I think they could probably leverage their cap space to get a better return elsewhere for less "asset cost". They're better poised to be "buyers" in that sort of market...at advantageous prices.

Reactions: cslebn

RN61k

Jan 18, 2022
Flames fan, age and contract aside who do you think is the better player, Weegar or Ras?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think with Markstrom gone we are basically guaranteed a bottom 10 team next year. However I don't think there is any chance Calgary will go full rebuild. If we do it your way we will be selling Zary, Coronato, and Pelletier at some point too since they will be 27-29 by the time we can truly bottom out
I think we are a bottom 10 team. I see us as definitely better than SJ, Ana, CBJ and Chi. I'd like to get into that group. Delete one of Weegar or Andersson and we are in that group. Not as bad as SJ still, but just as bad as the other 3. I also don't think Ras is signing here.

Ledge And Dairy

I think we are a bottom 10 team. I see us as definitely better than SJ, Ana, CBJ and Chi. I'd like to get into that group. Delete one of Weegar or Andersson and we are in that group. Not as bad as SJ still, but just as bad as the other 3. I also don't think Ras is signing here.
Maybe right now but I expect both San Jose and Chicago to be buyers. CBJ and ANA have far too many young high end talents to stay bottom feeders for much longer

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Everyone says this, but after shipping Markstrom it really seems like we’re hitting full rebuild territory despite Conroy’s attempts to paint it as a mere retool. I can’t think of many other teams who have traded more than 5+ valuable roster pieces in a span of one year (Toffoli, Zad, Tanev, Lindholm, Hanifin, now Markstrom). Maybe 2011 Flyers and probably 2004 Caps, but not many others.

Pretty much the only valuable non-U25 pieces with value we have left are Rasmus, Weegar, Coleman, and I guess Sharangovich (though we just got him). Maybe Mang and Kuzmenko, but they probably won’t bring back more than a mid round pick. That is absolutely horrrific.

I guess there’s a distinction between big rebuild (like we’re doing) and scorched earth rebuild (where we trade every single one of the those valuable guys), but it’s pretty hard to call Conroy’s 6 big selling trades as anything less than a full rebuild. I agree that trading Rasmus is unlikely though because he’s by far our most valuable asset left considering age and contract, but we’re already so close to scorched earth territory and he is the last straw. I doubt Conroy does it, but we’re 90% of the way there and I’d love to just commit and go all in for futures in a deal like this

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Maybe right now but I expect both San Jose and Chicago to be buyers. CBJ and ANA have far too many young high end talents to stay bottom feeders for much longer
Yeah right now. It's possible that changes in the summer. I don't think SJ can make enough changes to pass us, but it's realistic everyone else can. Based on his rather honest exit interview I don't think Rasmus is signing here at the end of this one unless we're competitive. I don't think that we will be. He's more valuable today as a 2 year cap sweetheart than he will be in a year.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
We will be competitive during this re-tool. And I wouldn't be surprised if we made the play-offs this season.

We do have gaps and they can be filled with astute UFA signings (short term).

The youngsters brought on board (Zary, Posipisil, Bahl, Pachal, Wolf) and perhaps Solovyov, Poirier, Scwindt, and Klapka will bring the enthusiasm while veterans Kadri, Coleman, Backlund, and Weeger steward them along.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
We will be competitive during this re-tool. And I wouldn't be surprised if we made the play-offs this season.

The youngsters brought on board (Zary, Posipisil, Bahl, Pachal, Wolf) and perhaps Solovyov, Poirier, Scwindt, and Klapka will bring the enthusiasm while veterans Kadri, Coleman, Backlund, and Weeger steward them along.

Not happening.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I don't think the "value" is even necessarily off with this. The thing that's weird to me though, is that a huge part of Rasmus Andersson's value is intrinsic to his absolutely steal of a contract.

Like, that $4.55M for two years deal is the kind of thing that i think a real "contender" would potentially pay through the nose for. It'd give a team tight to the cap so much more flexibility in what they do with the rest of their roster. Basically getting a big minutes all situations top-pair RHD for what is more like #4/5 tweener money.

Utah are...the last team in the league that'd i'd think have any real "value" in cap utility like that for the next two years.

So that makes the trade kind of weird to me. I think they could probably leverage their cap space to get a better return elsewhere for less "asset cost". They're better poised to be "buyers" in that sort of market...at advantageous prices.

This makes it seem like a contender might offer more (in prospect value, obviously they won't have that high a first).

Reactions: biturbo19

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Everyone says this, but after shipping Markstrom it really seems like we’re hitting full rebuild territory despite Conroy’s attempts to paint it as a mere retool. I can’t think of many other teams who have traded more than 5+ valuable roster pieces in a span of one year (Toffoli, Zad, Tanev, Lindholm, Hanifin, now Markstrom). Maybe 2011 Flyers and probably 2004 Caps, but not many others.

Pretty much the only valuable non-U25 pieces with value we have left are Rasmus, Weegar, Coleman, and I guess Sharangovich (though we just got him). Maybe Mang and Kuzmenko, but they probably won’t bring back more than a mid round pick. That is absolutely horrrific.

I guess there’s a distinction between big rebuild (like we’re doing) and scorched earth rebuild (where we trade every single one of the those valuable guys), but it’s pretty hard to call Conroy’s 6 big selling trades as anything less than a full rebuild. I agree that trading Rasmus is unlikely though because he’s by far our most valuable asset left considering age and contract, but we’re already so close to scorched earth territory and he is the last straw. I doubt Conroy does it, but we’re 90% of the way there and I’d love to just commit and go all in for futures in a deal like this

Calgary moved out a bunch of players that they weren't going to sign, wouldn't sign with them, or they shouldn't have signed.

Not sure how that means they aren't trying to compete. They have too many albatross contracts in Huberdeau, Kadri, etc. to not. Guarantee you see them making moves to be competitive through UFA.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ledge And Dairy

While I agree that Calgary isn't going to go full tank mode, without signficant upgrades on our blue line we almost certainly won't be making the playoffs. Especially with Marky gone now

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
We'll see. The newbies have talent and while inexperienced I expect that they will grow in leaps and bounds.

Have confidence!

Besides, I expect Conroy will sign a UFA such as Pesce or even Gostisbehere to shore things up.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This makes it seem like a contender might offer more (in prospect value, obviously they won't have that high a first).

Yeah. It's a bit odd, because most "contenders" don't necessarily have that high a pick, or that caliber of prospect. But i'm not sure it even has to be a true "contender" per se. There are other teams that are in tighter cap situations and could really benefit from the utility of Andersson's contract, who did miss the playoffs or flunked out quickly and could use a player like him on a huge value deal for the next couple years while trying to get over the hump.

But if Utah wanted to go wild, they've got pieces to make it happen. It's just trickier to reconcile if they would even really be able to get the "maximum" value out of his contract like other teams.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I highly doubt he's moved simply due to how thin the Flames blue line is but this would be tough to turn down. I would probably ask for Soderstrom in replace of the 2026 2nd
Agree with the first line and the Flames really need to keep him.

The trade value is "fairish" but really Ramus is worth the 6th pick straight up easily and maybe then some.

He is a top pairing Dman who is on a very good contract for the next 2 years.

I took the last option of Utah wins by alot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad