Value of: Rasmus Andersson to Montreal?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I quite like the player, I quite like the contract.

In 2 years, might be the right time to get him as a UFA. I don't see much point spending a ton of assets on a player who will be UFA before the Habs window.

Reactions: viceroy

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
I quite like the player, I quite like the contract.

In 2 years, might be the right time to get him as a UFA. I don't see much point spending a ton of assets on a player who will be UFA before the Habs window.

I love these posters that just assume said player will sign with there team when he has 31 other options.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I love these posters that just assume said player will sign with there team when he has 31 other options.
I mean, noone is assuming he'll sign in Montreal but that's the exact argument I was making why the Habs shouldn't trade for him, cause there's a 1/32 chance he'll be on the Habs in 2 years when they are hoping to be in their window.

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
I mean, noone is assuming he'll sign in Montreal but that's the exact argument I was making why the Habs shouldn't trade for him, cause there's a 1/32 chance he'll be on the Habs in 2 years when they are hoping to be in their window.

That's what the trade and the two years are for...

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Montreal's window probably doesn't open for another three or so seasons. So I'm not sure that Andersson fits the logical timeline when factoring in acquisition cost.

The Habs are better off letting things play out and developing their prospects with favorable icetime. They're not all going to hit and some will need to be moved for these types of established pieces in future years.

The biggest hole right now is the lack of a true #1 center and more often than not, competitive teams get that from the draft.
We not 3 years off. Hope to challenge for playoff spot this season. Make it in '26.

At deadline, if Flames out of playoff picture. Would Flames take couple of vets they could trade for firsts?

Last edited:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We not 3 years off. Hope to challenge for playoff spot this season. Make it in '26.

At deadline, if Flames out of playoff picture. Would Flames take couple of vets they could trade for firsts?
Considering two thirds of your projected RD next season have played a combined 0 games to date in the NHL, I'd think that your estimates are a tad optimistic.

There's a good chance that Montreal could take a step back this season considering all of the Sens, Sabres and Red Wings are theoretically ahead of them in terms of building a competitive roster.

If I'm Montreal, my 1st is going nowhere for the next few seasons. Those are possible lottery picks.

Reactions: Xirik

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Montreal’s just not ready for a deal like this yet. Other than Guhle, none of their other young Dmen have made any significant impact yet. If that happens over the next two years, then they may want to think of adding a player like Andersson via a costly trade.

That’s the issue. In UFA? Sure, but to go out looking for someone (via trade) of his status, it’s gonna cost significant assets. Right now for example, Calgary would want one of their young Dmen included in this trade. With the bust rate with young Dmen, there’s still a good chance the one they trade, ends up better than the ones they keep.

So they need to let things play out some, before making any big trade on the blue line. If Reinbacher comes in this season and makes a Seider/Power/Sanderson type impact, than maybe that timeline changes. Right now though? Not a good idea.

Reactions: HabsQC

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Considering two thirds of your projected RD next season have played a combined 0 games to date in the NHL, I'd think that your estimates are a tad optimistic.

There's a good chance that Montreal could take a step back this season considering all of the Sens, Sabres and Red Wings are theoretically ahead of them in terms of building a competitive roster.

If I'm Montreal, my 1st is going nowhere for the next few seasons. Those are possible lottery picks.
Guhle can play either side well. Savard is there. Barron be third right D. Reinbacher and Mailloux will push 2 of them out by trade deadline.

Experts are predicting us challenge for playoff berth

Ledge And Dairy

Guhle can play either side well. Savard is there. Barron be third right D. Reinbacher and Mailloux will push 2 of them out by trade deadline.

Experts are predicting us challenge for playoff berth
I think you need to work on your math here. If Montreal challenges for a playoff spot this season that does not mean they are entering their compete window. If you are a team that finishes top of your division or make it to the 3rd round you are entering your window. Montreal is absolutely about 3 years out from that.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This Habs fans doesn't want to propose anything. Habs are fine with the D we have and we need to let the process play out.

Maybe we are searching for a missing part later but that is a bridge we will cross when we get there.
We're in a NHL2000 fantasy trade loop where NO is not an answer so the next unrealistic proposal pops up.

From a trainload of early 20 defenseman, we have no idea who is going to be top 2. Even X, who few see as a top 2 defenseman, he has 107mph slapshot NOW that can easily be OVER 110 the next few years and we get another bigger, meaner Weber. Or flop out like Komisarek.

No trade of the youth until they had 3 or more seasons to establish their path.

If they rise to the lofty heights to mediocrity and playoff bubble, great, but no expectations because the time line of contention is still a few years away.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Horrible value to Calgary.

A waiver player, low 1st and B+ prospect for one of the NHLs best defensive contracts and a guy Habs play top pair day one.
Why post when you know nothing about the players offered. A 1st, a potential top 4 d and 2 elite 3rd line centres (who may have 2c potential). A 1st, Barron and say Kidney/Farrell would be a fair offer.

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

Ledge And Dairy

Why post when you know nothing about the players offered. A 1st, a potential top 4 d and 2 elite 3rd line centres (who may have 2c potential). A 1st, Barron and say Kidney/Farrell would be a fair offer.
Barron's "potential" on being a top 4 dman at this point is very low. Sure it could happen but highly unlikely. Beck is decent and projects nicely as a 2-way 3C caliber player but Kapanen is definitely a few steps below him

I saw some rumour he was going to Tampa for a 2026 1st, Perbix and Sheary for Anderson 1.6M retained
NHLtraderumours is not a reliable source and that's the only place it seems to be mentioned

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
fun one.

Andsersson for Savard (TDL value) + Anderson (2026 TDL value/cap dump negative value) + Mailloux + Beck + 2025 1st (top 2 protection)+ Mesar + 2nd.

This is a trade the Flames have to win to make. Otherwise there is no incentive to make it.

Savard brings back at least a 2nd in 2025 when he’s traded at the deadline.
Here’s a fire extinguisher for ya……..your flames are showing!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad