Rumor: Rask signing with B's imminent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

member 334057

Will be interesting to see for how much (league min?) and whether Swayman gets sent down or Ullmark gets moved.
Ullmark has a full NMC the first 2 years of his deal doesn't he? Wouldn't think he'd want to waive that to be traded less than halfway into his first season there, unless it hasn't felt like a fit for him.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I can see some Bruins fans liking it, others not liking it, non Bruins fans will be mixed, some thinking its a good deal and others thinking it will be a poor signing

BANK ON IT :nod:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Just a question but why wouldn't Tuuka wait until after the Olympics? He would definitely be the started in a tournament as likely the best player involved and he could use it as a warmup for a playoff run with Boston
My guess is he doesn’t want to take a chance dealing with covid and China quarantine if he catches it over that.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Ullmark has a full NMC the first 2 years of his deal doesn't he? Wouldn't think he'd want to waive that to be traded less than halfway into his first season there, unless it hasn't felt like a fit for him.

I highly doubt Ullmark gets moved, and since Swayman is waiver exempt, the likely scenario is that he gets sent down and Rask joins the team sometime in late-January after going through a few more practices with the team and playing for Providence.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Seems maybe unnecessary, but good on the Bruins for showing loyalty to a player who’s done so much for them.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Yeah that's not worth it to give up Ullmark and take on one of the worst goalies in the NHL. Boston isn't tanking.

Koskinen is an expiring contract. They would be rolling Rask and Swayman anyways. Koskinen can sent down and hide 1 million of the contract. If they are going to send down Swayman, why not send down Koskinen and add a 1 rounder for the draft or a potential deadline deal?

Adding Koskinen literally means nothing for Boston and the standings. There's not much difference between a Rask/Swayman tandem and a Rask/Ullmark, that first could be used towards a guy like Giroux at the deadline.

Doomhammer

Jul 26, 2019
Just a question but why wouldn't Tuuka wait until after the Olympics? He would definitely be the started in a tournament as likely the best player involved and he could use it as a warmup for a playoff run with Boston

I remember reading that his daughter has health issues, which is also why he left the bubble.

Probably doesn't want to risk being away from his family for an extended period of time if he tests positive. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Reactions: DaveG and banks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad