Rumor: Rask signing with B's imminent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
Well your not going into the season with 2 rookie goalies and your not digging around the bargin bin hoping some meh goaltender find his game in Boston. As you said they spent money on Fwad/DEF and missed, but you want them to throw another $5 at it and hope they don't miss :huh:

Bank the money for the deadline then, or save it for the next offseason if you don’t like the goalie options that’s out there for cheap. I’m not saying they should’ve turned that money into other players right away. Certainly this deadline or offseason that extra cap space would come in handy.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Rask is one of those guys who just wouldn't look right in any other uniform.

Reactions: DaveG

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Bank the money for the deadline then, or save it for the next offseason if you don’t like the goalie options that’s out there for cheap. I’m not saying they should’ve turned that money into other players right away. Certainly this deadline or offseason that extra cap space would come in handy.

You still need another goalie because again you're not going into the season (maybe Bergeron's last) with two rookie goalies or a rookie and a bargin bin goalie who maybe find their game or maybe doesn't.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Rask is one of those guys who just wouldn't look right in any other uniform.

Rask_Leafs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think the Bruins can put Swayman on the taxi squad. With the unknown of how Rask will hold up, covid, and nearly 60 games in just 120 days, three goalies isn't a bad idea. Lots of short sighted Bruins fans posting in this thread.

Last edited:

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Why on earth would Boston do this lol Koskinen is horrendous.

As has been stated 1000 times Koskinens contract is up at the end of this year so at this point he is obviously a short term cap dump to make the $ of a deal work.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think the Bruins can put Swayman on the taxi squad. With the unknown of how Rask will hold up, covid, and nearly 60 games in just 120 days, three goalies isn't a bad idea. Lots of short sighted Bruins fans posting in this thread.

Rask is fine. Whatever.

The rest of the team is going no where with our current forward or D roster. I don't care who is in between the pipes.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

Shortsighted? The kid needs to play games to further developed. Whether that’s at the NHL level or AHL level. It beats sitting and rotting on the taxi squad only getting practice reps.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
As has been stated 1000 times Koskinens contract is up at the end of this year so at this point he is obviously a short term cap dump to make the $ of a deal work.

Then you need to pay extra to include him and/or retain salary. He has negative value.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Shortsighted? The kid needs to play games to further developed. Whether that’s at the NHL level or AHL level. It beats sitting and rotting on the taxi squad only getting practice reps.

Even if he's on the taxi squad I expect Boston treats it as a 3 headed monster, with each guys getting starts. They have a lot of games in a short period of time, so they'll need all 3 guys.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Even if he's on the taxi squad I expect Boston treats it as a 3 headed monster, with each guys getting starts. They have a lot of games in a short period of time, so they'll need all 3 guys.

Why not give him the lion’s share of starts in the A then? I honestly think the taxi squad is the worst possible scenario for his development. Just my 2¢.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Then you need to pay extra to include him and/or retain salary. He has negative value.

Which is why he is a cap dump at this point. But like I said his contract is up at the end of this year so its only useful to move him as part of a bigger deal to make the cap work

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
With how close Providence is, why can't he get time in both?

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. But, from my understanding, you just can’t move back and fourth from the taxi squad to AHL team at your leisure. He can’t just say ok I practiced in Boston, no COVID cases tonight so let me drive to the dunk and play for the Baby B’s. Hence it makes more sense to have him play in the AHL if they cannot move Ullmark which I’m very doubtful they can.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. But, from my understanding, you just can’t move back and fourth from the taxi squad to AHL team at your leisure. He can’t just say ok I practiced in Boston, no COVID cases tonight so let me drive to the dunk and play for the Baby B’s. Hence it makes more sense to have him play in the AHL if they cannot move Ullmark which I’m very doubtful they can.

Why can't you? We see Boston all the time sending guys up and down who are waiver exempt on off days so they can keep banking cap space for the TDL.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Swayman has been quite good, but he's also 23 and waiver exempt. Obviously he'll be the one sent down, and he'll get another shot soon enough. Ullmark had a slow start but has picked it up significantly, and obviously his contract gives him a lot more stability.

If Rask is healthy and rejuvenated, and playing like a stud, then this signing works out great. If he's washed, or even "semi-washed, still decent but behind Swayman", then you waive Rask, bring Swayman back.

Signing Rask is a low risk move/high reward, as long as you're willing to waive him if it doesn't work out (which I'm sure the Bs are). The only real risk is you piss off Swayman and he demands a trade, but he's probably OK to work on his game a bit more in the minors?

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Just a question but why wouldn't Tuuka wait until after the Olympics? He would definitely be the started in a tournament as likely the best player involved and he could use it as a warmup for a playoff run with Boston
I bet he lauds the coming C grade Olympics really highly.
At least the World Championships are in Tampere, his "home".

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
My lord, some of these assumptions are ludicrous.

Rask coming back, and at league minimum, is NOT surprising. Everyone, including the Bruins, knew this would be happening.
Ullmark is the insurance policy. He's an adequate netminder who'll actually benefit from sharing the crease with Rask for the next year or two.
Swayman, too, benefits, as he'll get a 60-65 start pace in the AHL, which is the right course for a tendy his age and skill.

Everyone relax. It's a 1A/1B situation with the future getting the appropriate road to be a good, NHL-ready starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad