Value of: Rantanen - what would you give?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He’s getting 11.5-12M in a location that isn’t tax free so his return would be underwhelming.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
It was reported that col would give rants for very cheap if someone would offer the moon. So what does it take ?

So they would give him up for cheap if someone would offer a lot? Like Montreal could have him for a 2nd round pick, but only if we offered Demidov + Hutson?

Is this like a King Solomon situation where they are willing to let him go free to a good home, but only if the new team shows how much they value him?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
i Mean the Avs think he should be moved so what do you give for him?
Itis above Horvat and below Meier
Meier had a full year of team control. Horvat was a UFA

protected 1st ( top 10 or so) + recent late 1st/ mid 2nd round drafted prospect+ contracted player. Things can change based on the contracted player or who the prospect is.

Horvat was 1st+ mid 2nd prospect+ contract
Meier was low 1st but a recent mid 1st drafted player and retention

Puckluck

Jan 8, 2016
He’s getting 11.5-12M in a location that isn’t tax free so his return would be underwhelming.
The tax buden is being overemphasized. The income tax is less than 5% in Colorado and half of the salary is based on away games, which is almost the same regardless of where he plays. The appeal of a location is certainly a bigger factor.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
I'd love him on the Sens but I don't think we'd have the players to package for him

I wish the Sens had a better prospect pool :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad