Rumor: Rantanen Extension is Close???

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jesse better be right.

Throw in a full NMC for the first 5 years or so and we can end the trade stuff for good.

Reactions: BrickNHL

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I was told (by the voices in my head) a few weeks ago that Rantanen was going to be an easy deal to get done. Both sides didn't want a ridiculous length and money contract.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
If they pay him more than MacK it'll be bad. Anything under 12 will be a steal. 12.5 long term is likely viewed as a win by both sides.

If he pushes for full value Avs are in trouble.

Reactions: The Moops

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Just hopefully less than 13 and ideally under 12.
Yeah, I have a feeling it'll be 11.5 - 12.5 but will not be one bit surprised if it's higher.

But for me, I saw a pretty steep decline in his play (not necessarily point), but in his effect on the game in any way other than hitting a one-timer from the right circle. He doesn't forecheck, when he backchecks it's hilarious how slow he can skate at times. He's a freaking one-time slap-shot miracle man though, so I really, really would want to keep him. The problem is I don't think he's very far from falling completely off a cliff. So the news of 7-8 years is extremely unsettling for me. For 7-8 years, I don't think I'd go much over 10M. I'd sign him to 10 years at 9.6M if he was willing to forgo movement protection.

If he'd be willing to sign for 4 years, then screw it I'd give him the world, but I do not want his ass here once he starts to fall off a cliff at a price point anywhere near Nates. It's not the dollar amount that bothers me, it's the length of the contract. To go that high, we really should only pay him for the years we reasonable think he can perform at the level for. I know we want to reward our guys, but Mikko was also the first RFA we gave a huge contract too. He was on the cutting edge of making the second contracts explode in value. If we are contemplating handing out a contract that will age like two week old milk, then we should also seriously take into account the fact that he was the first RFA in our organization to get a market value contract rather than a severely depressed RFA second contract as was the custom for the league until that point in time.

say it with me :

Brady Tkachuk :sarcasm:
From your mouth to the flying spaghetti monster's ears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad