OT: Rank your favorite teams (is it October yet?)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Funny enough I am an Oilers fan but I've always liked the Panthers as sort of my Eastern Conference team, going back many years. So this year has been weird

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
1.Edmonton
2.Philadelphia

Funny enough I am an Oilers fan but I've always liked the Panthers as sort of my Eastern Conference team, going back many years. So this year has been weird
IMG_1449.jpeg

:naughty::sarcasm:

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Tried to go on instinctual reactions, feel like Vegas ended up too high but otherwise not bad. I'm sure Utah will plummet once we actually play them.

rankings-2024-07-14T17-04-44-581Z.png

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
I’m 70 and my favourites beyond Edmonton evolve. We all have organizations we dislike because of their fans(Calgary, Toronto Montreal and Vancouver for me). I hate teams that play lock down systems like LAK. I cheer for teams with players who are dynamic(Bobby Orr’s Bruins and Crosby’s Penguins) I cheer for individuals (Sasky kids like Bear,Schwartz,Severson,Korczak and the Geekie boys from Manitoba). I like my hockey fast and open so I’ve been an Oiler fan since 1980

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Try the link it is basically a quiz that does it for you
The app doesn't work for me. It basically gives me two choices of teams each time to choose from. If you hate both clubs how do you proceed because it makes you pick one. They seem randomly generated, only thing that worked is having option of picking Oilers first. Blech at having Vancouver listed so early. I gave up.

My most hated clubs are Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle. I guess thats what the NHL wants in terms of regional rivalries. I know I should hate Vegas, Colorado and Florida and sometimes I do but changes at times.

Leafs aren't serious enough to hate them and we never hardly play them. Mostly just mock them. They are the mocked team in the league. Like others I've been fond of Buffalo through the years. Historically the Canadiens. I like the Kings more than I should due to ties of the two clubs for instance Gretzky. Those that were around in the Gretz LA years it was strange times. It made you kind of follow that club as well as the Oilers.

Last edited:

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
The app doesn't work for me. It basically gives me two choices of teams each time to choose from. If you hate both clubs how do you proceed because it makes you pick one. They seem randomly generated, only thing that worked is having option of picking Oilers first. Blech at having Vancouver listed so early. I gave up.

My most hated clubs are Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle. I guess thats what the NHL wants in terms of regional rivalries. I know I should hate Vegas, Colorado and Florida and sometimes I do but changes at times.

Leafs aren't serious enough to hate them and we never hardly play them. Mostly just mock them. They are the mocked team in the league. Like others I've been fond of Buffalo through the years. Historically the Canadiens. I like the Kings more than I should due to ties of the two clubs for instance Gretzky. Those that were around in the Gretz LA years it was strange times. It made you kind of follow that club as well as the Oilers.
It works. That's how it generates the list. You say which of the teams you like more between the two and it will ask you over and over and aggregate the data in the end

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
That's me with Colorado. Yes they beat us in 2022 and I disliked them during the series, but they were always my second team going back to the Sakic and Forsberg days. Met Foppa as a kid and always rooted for them. Helps that I love both Mack and Makar as players today too.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
1. Edmonton
2. Pittsburgh
3. Colorado/Quebec
4. Buffalo

These have been my picks since I was a kid. Lemieux was my favorite player. Quebec was so bad that I felt like I needed to be a fan and my first ever hockey gift was a Sabres bath robe from my grandparents when I was 3.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
It works. That's how it generates the list. You say which of the teams you like more between the two and it will ask you over and over and aggregate the data in the end
Too late, I already threw up getting offered options like Vancouver or Anaheim in 2nd round and Flyers or Sens in third and then Florida or Carolina in 4th. I said f*** this shit. If I was doing this on a smartphone my phone would have bounced against the wall..;)

The bastid quiz was taunting me.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Fun ranking tool, thanks for sharing @5 14 6 1 !

This shifts over time for me with teams. Loved the Rangers when they were Oilers East but don't like their recent roster at all. Chicago Keith and Toews team I loved. Post scandal not. Felt some empathy at one point for a mediocre Florida team and now with the Turtle loath them at Calgary Flamers level.

Have strong feels for likes and the hated with a lot of mushy middle indifference. Pick a few rebuild teams regularly to follow their organization development over time - current projects are Kraken and Blue Jackets. Consciously have placed all Canadian teams within top 12 because the Cup needs to come back to the Motherland (even setting aside deep seeded disdain for Leafs and Canadiens ... but not the Flames)

Top 6 (Right Now)
1. Oil
2. Jets
3. Avalance
4. Senators
5. Kraken
6. Blue Jackets

Bottom 6
32. Flames: eat shit!
31. Panther Turtles
30. Golden Showers
29. Tampa Bay Cap Cheaters
28. Devils
27. Kings
26. Bonus Round: Dallas Stars

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
rankings-2024-07-16T03-46-48-676Z.png

I knew the top 4 and order

Some surprises in the top half for me as well. Didn't expect the Leafs or Canucks to be as high (still bottom 10 lol)

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
The only teams I care about are the Canadian teams to me the NHL is about Canada vs USA. Canada is always the underdog. 7 Canadian teams 25 American teams. Here is my list: 1. Oilers, 2. Canadiens, 3. Jets, 4. Flames, 5. Canucks, 6. Senators, 7. Leafs. Oilers will always be my favorite Leafs will always be my least favorite of the Canadian teams. The Leafs fans are annoying and ruin away games. All the Canadian media sucks up to the Leafs and talk about them non stop. Their management has a long history of treating players like crap, and also they make so much money they are not motivated to win a stanley cup. Lastly they charge crazy amounts of money for their games that most regular fans can't afford and they have the highest amount of corporate/business ticket sales compared to normal fans. Out of American teams if the Canadian teams are out I usually hope a Northeast USA team wins the cup because that is the strong hold for hockey in the USA. The tropical areas and deserts don't care about hockey and never will.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Stars, Leafs, Flames, Vegas, Panthers are my bottom 5. Neutral about almost every other American team except for the Wild cause they always beat us yet they're irrelevant in the league. Habs snd Sens would be the team I'd cheer for in the playoffs if the oilers were eliminated. Also the kings "rivalry" is stupid so I don't really hate them cause the oilers dominate them.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Avalanche
Vancouver Canucks
Vancouver Canucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Vegas Golden Knights
Florida Panthers
Florida Panthers
Toronto Maple Leafs