Datsyuk - Bergeron - Hossa vs Kariya - Kopitar - Guy Lafleur

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins in a best of 7 ? (Bottom 3 forward lines and rest of the roster is the current Flames)

• Pavel Datsyuk - Patrice Bergeron - Marian Hossa

• Paul Kariya - Anže Kopitar- Guy Lafleur

Results are only viewable after voting.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Bergeron with the legendary two-way beasts, or Kopitar with the highly dangerous forwards ?

Can Bergeron, Datsyuk and Hossa shutdown Guy Lafleur with Kopitar and Kariya ? and score on top of that to defeat them in a best of 7?

My question to you is, who wins in a best of 7 series? (Bottom 3 forward lines and rest of the roster is the current Flames)

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Datsyuk - Bergeron - Hossa

With all due respect to Kopitar, he's out-gunned big-time as far as possession monsters. His line might not touch the puck the entire game.

Reactions: banks

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Datsyuk - Bergeron - Hossa

With all due respect to Kopitar, he's out-gunned big-time as far as possession monsters. His line might not touch the puck the entire game.
How is that with all due respect.

Also it’s just one game, this is a seven game series

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
How is that with all due respect.

Also it’s just one game, this is a seven game series

Because I think if you had a lineup of 3 Kopitar-caliber possession players, the answer would be different, or at least closer.

Like if this is Datsyuk - Bergeron - Hossa vs Barkov - Kopitar - Toews, you got yourself a war.

Reactions: banks and Coffees

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Because I think if you had a lineup of 3 Kopitar-caliber possession players, the answer would be different, or at least closer.

Like if this is Datsyuk - Bergeron - Hossa vs Barkov - Kopitar - Toews, you got yourself a war.
Makes sense , I misinterpreted that.

And I see your point

Reactions: JaegerDice

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Lol. Toews over Lafleur....

I'd take one Lafleur over 2 Toews. Maybe even 3.

Ok?

Nobody is arguing who the better scorer is. Lafleur's impact is severely mitigated by never having the puck. Kopitar needs guys who can help him dominate possession against a line of Datsyuk-Bergeron-Hossa.

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Datsyuk cranked out two 97 point, Selke-winning seasons. Bergeron is a 70pt Selke dominator. Hossa is in his prime was a 40 goal scorer and later turned into a 60+pt dominant shutdown forward with formidable physical presence.

They'd be shutting down the other line and outscoring them
Now do their playoff scoring numbers.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Now do their playoff scoring numbers.
For expansion era Lafleur playing on a MTL super team? Kariya's are nothing special. I'm a huge Kopitar fan, he was awesome in the playoffs.

Line two has trouble scoring as Line one possesses the puck all series long and shuts Line two down

Reactions: wetcoast

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Kariya - Kopitar - Lafleur would be amazing.

Kopi gives them size, defensive responsibility, and playmaking while Kariya and Lafleur are all around offensive geniuses that would make magic.

The gap in offensive ability between these lines is just too much for the other line being better defensively to overcome.

Lafleur and Kopi bring it big in a playoff too.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Datsyuk = Kariya
Bergeron < Kopitar
Hossa <<< Lafleur

The second group easily.

Datsyuk is a better player than Kariya, though not a huge gap. I would take Kopitar and Lafleur over Hossa and Bergeron, but that first line would be a pain to get the puck from and manage to keep it for very long either.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kariya - Kopitar - Lafleur would be amazing.

Kopi gives them size, defensive responsibility, and playmaking while Kariya and Lafleur are all around offensive geniuses that would make magic.

The gap in offensive ability between these lines is just too much for the other line being better defensively to overcome.

Lafleur and Kopi bring it big in a playoff too.

Is this generally the way it works out in matchups against two-way beasts with a ton of offensive ability though? Players like Dastyuk and Bergeron generally outplay the opposition even if they have better offensive ability.

Reactions: JaegerDice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad