What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Chicago
Columbus
Montreal
Anaheim
Utah

Curious where San Jose would rank with Celebrini, Smith, and Dickinson as their 3.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I thought Bedard stood out on here till I saw Slaf too
How the hell does a guy with over 100 games get labeled "a prospect"?
Its simply the top pick of these teams from the last 3 drafts. A number of them are no longer prospects by definition

Reactions: Dempsey

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Rank teams 1 to 5 considering only the prospects listed

Anaheim: Pavel Mintyukov, Leo Carlsson, Beckett Sennecke
Chicago: Kevin Korchinski, Connor Bedard, Artyom Levshunov
Columbus: David Jiříček, Adam Fantilli, Cayden Lindstrom
Montréal: Juraj Slafkovský, David Reinbacher, Ivan Demidov
Utah: Logan Cooley, Dmitri Simashev, Tij Iginla

My personal draft day ranks in their respective drafts:

ANA: 4th, 2nd, 5th
CHI: 14th, 1st, 22nd
CBJ: 3rd, 3rd, 4th
MTL: 1st, 5th, 2nd
UTA: 2nd, 9th, 8th

I'm not happy with what Chicago has surrounded Bedard with, at least in this trio. Alex Vlasic I expect to continue to be their best D. The only trio I have them ahead of is Utah.

The other 3 clubs are closer for me. I'm super high on all three of Anaheim's trio. Mintyukov has developed better than Jiricek so far, and I'm only super high on Fantilli and Lindstrom for Columbus right now. Slaf will be very good but I only have Demidov that I'm over the moon with for Montreal.

Anaheim
Columbus
Montreal

Chicago
Utah

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Really tough one for me, all extremely close

1) Anaheim --- Carlsson and Mintyukov push them over the top for me. Unbelievable C/D pair on top of Sennecke at wing
2) Utah
3) Montreal
4) Columbus
5) Chicago --- I know it's Bedard, but I'm lower on Levshunov than most and Korchinski slightly lower than most

Reactions: MD93 and majormajor

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Rank teams 1 to 5 considering only the prospects listed

Anaheim: Pavel Mintyukov, Leo Carlsson, Beckett Sennecke
Chicago: Kevin Korchinski, Connor Bedard, Artyom Levshunov
Columbus: David Jiříček, Adam Fantilli, Cayden Lindstrom
Montréal: Juraj Slafkovský, David Reinbacher, Ivan Demidov
Utah: Logan Cooley, Dmitri Simashev, Tij Iginla
1. San Jose: Not sure why you omitted the team with the highest three prospects (I guess cause they didn't have a high pick in '22?). Celebrini and Smith down the middle won't quite be McDavid-Draisaitl or Crosby-Malkin but will be pretty darn close. Throw in Dickinson who is a stud (would have been #2 OA if he shot right) and they've got the most solid 3 of the bunch.

2. Columbus: They may not produce the points down the middle that San Jose might but man will you know you went through a war after you played them. Teams win down the middle and they will be stacked. Jiricek will be a great #1 RD.

3. Chicago: The best player (quasi-generational) on this list, but unlike others I don't think his exceptional talent is alone to have Chicago first. I am not as high on Levshunov (would have had him third off the board) and Korchinski at this stage of his career is not well-rounded enough. I'm guessing they'll make a great duo though in a few years. Had they taken Demidov I'd have had them 1st with just those players alone.

4. Montreal: Trying to check myself from being a homer. Slaf and Demidov will be uniquely exceptional players and I can't wait to see them in the future. Slaf will be the guy you want in the last minute when you need a goal. To me he will scream clutch with his ability to cycle and impose his will down low and drive the net. Demidov will have that game breaking ability and have fans standing when he's on the ice. What neither are, however, is a center and you win down the middle. Reinbacher may be a #1RD but while he does many things well, I just don't think he'll be elite. I'd have them higher but for those reasons.

5. Anaheim: I love Leo and think he'll be a stud. I also love Sennecke, but I'm just not sure he'll hit that ceiling. Mintyukov is a driver of offence, but plays the left side and needs to polish his defensive play (in my limited view of his play).

6. Utah: Great prospects but none of them will be that true superstar imho. I like Cooley's game (I was on his bandwagon for #1 in 22) and really hope he hits his ceiling. He just seems a little undersized for that role as a #1. I'd love to see Tij moved to center as his game looks like it will translate well. I haven't seen Simashev at all so I can't comment.

I went through this a number of times playing with the rankings. For me Utah was solidly 6th but had a really difficult time with the others, especially 2-4.

Reactions: NitroF

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
My personal draft day ranks in their respective drafts:

ANA: 4th, 2nd, 5th
CHI: 14th, 1st, 22nd
CBJ: 3rd, 3rd, 4th
MTL: 1st, 5th, 2nd
UTA: 2nd, 9th, 8th

I'm not happy with what Chicago has surrounded Bedard with, at least in this trio. Alex Vlasic I expect to continue to be their best D. The only trio I have them ahead of is Utah.

The other 3 clubs are closer for me. I'm super high on all three of Anaheim's trio. Mintyukov has developed better than Jiricek so far, and I'm only super high on Fantilli and Lindstrom for Columbus right now. Slaf will be very good but I only have Demidov that I'm over the moon with for Montreal.

Anaheim
Columbus
Montreal

Chicago
Utah
That’s 1st,5th,5th

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Columbus- 2 big centers that play fast and physical are going to make for a top tier 1a/1b in a year or 2. Add that to a potential top pairing rhd and you basically crossed off the 3 most difficult positions to fill.

Chicago- bedard is just miles above everyone else in this voting, Korchinski and levshunov give them potentially a 2 headed monster on back end.

Anaheim- big center with high ceiling…. Was very high on Mintyukov prior to draft and thought he was in the same tier as nemac/jiricek. Sennecke prob holds Anaheim down a bit due to the uncertainty(if we went lindstrom/Demidov, might have people argue top spot)…. But we’ll see what he does, maybe Anaheim made the right choice.

Montreal- went back and fourth between Anaheim and Montreal at 3, but ultimately I feel like center is most important position and Montreal didn’t have 1 with these 3 players…. I also think Reinbacher is similar to the sennecke pick, and we’ll have to wait to see how he pans out.

Utah- cooley is fantastic, Simashev is prob the prospect on these lists that i know/seen/heard the least about, so he’s basically a ? For me. I like iginla but I had him below the other guys in his draft year on the list.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don’t know if you can beat the 1C-2C-1RD combo that Columbus has.

1. Columbus: Fantilli-Lindstrom is going to be an insane 1-2 center punch, hard to play against and grind you into dust. I still believe in Jiricek as a 6’3” #1 RD.
2. Anaheim: I’m quite high on Carlsson and Mintyukov is the best defenseman left.
3. Montreal: Would rank them higher if there was a center in the mix or if Reinbacher had #1D potential.
4. Chicago: I’m lower on all three of these guys than the average fan.
5. Utah: A clear step down from the rest.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I would sub Nazar for Korchinski. I think he has a higher ceiling.

But I’d go
1. Chicago
2. Columbus
3. Anaheim
4. Montreal
5. Utah

I’d have San Jose ahead of both Montreal and Utah, fwiw.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I would sub Nazar for Korchinski. I think he has a higher ceiling.

But I’d go
1. Chicago
2. Columbus
3. Anaheim
4. Montreal
5. Utah

I’d have San Jose ahead of both Montreal and Utah, fwiw.
These are simply the first player taken by each of these teams in the past three drafts. Korchinski went seventh, so he's listed instead of Nazar. This is no value judgment or projection. As for why OP didn't list San Jose, probably because they didn't have a very high pick in 2022 and would therefore be handicapped with a list of Bystedt, Smith, Celebrini.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad