GDT: Rangers vs Flyers - The "I Might Not Be Awake to Post the GDT On Time, So Here It Is" Edition - 12pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
With a loss today and a Red Wings and Panthers win, they would be passed by the cats and be tied with the Wings in the standings

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
Hanks hasn't been good lately, but it was inevitable when he basically stood on his head for a few months. Fatigue is natural at this point, faced so many shots, so many attempts, was going to catch up with him eventually.

Reactions: nevesis

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
The goaltender unfairly gets blame by those who don’t understand the game going on in front of a goaltender.

Valiquette talked about this the other night. It’s the easy way out and the quickest person to blame is the one who’s neck is sunburned by the goal lamp.

The only thing I see him getting blamed for is letting in a soft goal or two today. They were soft, and he himself I'm sure is thinking that he should have come up with those saves. Not sure why this is such a big deal. His team mates are making mistakes too, and they are getting criticized too. Fair is fair, I think?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Wasn’t calling you out. I agree he should have had the last one.

My point was that people expect him to be perfect every single game and give up no goals. He’s a human being just like any of us. Good days, bad days, days he feels like **** from the moment he wakes up and has low energy, etc etc etc.

He’s had immense pressure put on him recently and for the last few years to over perform to mask the extreme deficiencies this team has had for a while

It’s just sad how quickly some fans get on him as if he’s the issue with the team.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
I hate filthadelphia. I hate them more than any team in the metro. I’d treat that city with Sherman’s scorched earth policy if I could. So that’s why I’m being extra critical of this team today. I know the roster is severally flawed. But if we’re going to win a couple games by the end of the season, Philly is at the top of my list.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Does LA still own Prokhorkin's rights? Seems like that would be a good add to any NHL team. Physical, scoring ability. Still 24. Decent size.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Wasn’t calling you out. I agree he should have had the last one.

My point was that people expect him to be perfect every single game and give up no goals. He’s a human being just like any of us. Good days, bad days, days he feels like **** from the moment he wakes up and has low energy, etc etc etc.

He’s had immense pressure put on him recently and for the last few years to over perform to mask the extreme deficiencies this team has had for a while

It’s just sad how quickly some fans get on him as if he’s the issue with the team.

No need for perfection, and if you read my post, I clearly prefaced it by saying he's not getting help today.

What I am saying is that for those stops that he should make, HE SHOULD MAKE.

No excuses

Reactions: shinchanyo

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
He should do in between periods.

He probably won't because he's stupid, but its clear Hank is running on fumes.

AV is in a tough spot. Hank clearly "wants to play every game". He has said so himself. When AV pulls him, like yesterday, Hank gives him the stink-eye and reiterates to the press that he wants to play.

So does AV cause a rift with his #1 goalie and sit him?

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
At this point it doesnt matter whose fault it is today or this year.

Lundqvist deserves another shot with a better coach and a healthy lineup. He's getting older and tires out. Shorten his workload by reducing his starts and decreasing the attempts he sees.

Same results next year? Decrease his role even more.

Personally, I dont think he's cooked. I dont worship him like some of you, and I do think he is a big boy who is partly responsible, but he's done too much in a HOF career to be cast aside. Yeah we joke and criticize but deep down every Rangers fan loves him and wants to see him win.

The cap hit sucks but you had to give him what he wanted. They dont need to trade him since theyre getting a lot of assets at the deadline from other players being moved.

I'm shocked AV is still around.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Zucc with his best game in a long while.

AV is in a tough spot. Hank clearly "wants to play every game". He has said so himself. When AV pulls him, like yesterday, Hank gives him the stink-eye and reiterates to the press that he wants to play.

So does AV cause a rift with his #1 goalie and sit him?

AV is an idiot for starting him yesterday.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
At this point it doesnt matter whose fault it is today or this year.

Lundqvist deserves another shot with a better coach and a healthy lineup. He's getting older and tires out. Shorten his workload by reducing his starts and decreasing the attempts he sees.

Same results next year? Decrease his role even more.

Personally, I dont think he's cooked. I dont worship him like some of you, and I do think he is a big boy who is partly responsible, but he's done too much in a HOF career to be cast aside. Yeah we joke and criticize but deep down every Rangers fan loves him and wants to see him win.

The cap hit sucks but you had to give him what he wanted. They dont need to trade him since theyre getting a lot of assets at the deadline from other players being moved.

I'm shocked AV is still around.
AV should have been fired after he coached as bad a series as I've ever seen against the Sens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad