Pre-Game Talk: RANGERS VS FLYERS (ROOKIE SERIES) SEPTEMBER 13 AND 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
2024-25_FlyersRookieGame_Digital_800x643-25faefd7d0.jpg

I hope this gets steamed online. since you know MSG won't waste their time airing this, sadly.

Does Rempe, Othmann, Berard, Mancini are on this roster one last time? Does Sykora get an A for this roster? Does Roobroeck surprise? Do the tryouts and AHL players surprise? Game threads will be posted the day off the game.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think Philly has a decent social media presence so there is a chance. When does camp officially open?
Pretty sure its a week after the rookie showcase.

So somewhere around the 19-20th whether thats physicals or on ice, we will find out.

Preseason opener is 9/22.

savebyrichter94

Every Profound Spirit Needs A Mask
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Not sure if I’m gonna be able to make it this year but I went the last two years and it’s a great way to start the season and an opportunity to get eyes on some kids

I recommend going to at least one game if you can

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
View attachment 906241

Rempe not on the rookie roster vs Flyers, but Edstrom is.

Didn't expect Rempe to be. All unsigned free agents or draft picks, AHL signees, rookie pros or guys going into their second year pros with the exceptions of Robertson and Garand. That's kind of the usual. It's not super important to win these games and no real point of letting Rempe loose on a bunch of young kids many of whom are kind of undersized still.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Didn't expect Rempe to be. All unsigned free agents or draft picks, AHL signees, rookie pros or guys going into their second year pros with the exceptions of Robertson and Garand. That's kind of the usual. It's not super important to win these games and no real point of letting Rempe loose on a bunch of young kids many of whom are kind of undersized still.
Robertson on the roster even though he has three pro years and probably has played in 5 of these games. Kale McCallum, the Canadian college player is on the roster, perhaps he gets an AHL contract. He is an offensive defensemen which the Wolf Pack currently lack.

The Rangers did not use the development camp or the rookie camp to look at undrafted players. Perhaps the team couldn't get players in which it had interest or decided to focus on their own players.

Reactions: egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
The Rangers did not use the development camp or the rookie camp to look at undrafted players.
agreed lass than typical, but this weeks' roster does include Murray and van Vliet,
(per HockeyDB) both 6'3" 200+# undrafted LHD
Van Vliet, 20, played in OHL last year, eligible for over-ager season I believe
Murray is 22,, had 1 pro season, last year, between AHL/ECHL, following an overage OHL season '22-23

(also Pack signed DuFort, 21, played in Q last season)

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Why is Edstrom here then?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Why is Edstrom here then?
Rempe has 2 full pro seasons' experience, along with many weeks on NHL roster

Edstrom, like Othmann, Berard, Sykora, Korczak, has had just 1 full NA pro season
Very common for most such guys to be w rookie camp/games

along with a few even-more-experienced, but still developing guys, like, this year, Garand and Robertson

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Rempe on michkov let’s go, we need the flyers to step up and become a rival again

Damn, not eligible.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Both games will be played in PA so there will be a broadcast.

It still baffles me how the richest team in the league doesn't have the infrastructure to broadcast from their practice facility, nor cares enough about these games to host them at MSG.

Rempe has 2 full pro seasons' experience, along with many weeks on NHL roster

Edstrom, like Othmann, Berard, Sykora, Korczak, has had just 1 full NA pro season
Very common for most such guys to be w rookie camp/games

along with a few even-more-experienced, but still developing guys, like, this year, Garand and Robertson

Another reminder how ridiculous the NHL is for not recognising European hockey as professional hockey.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Both games will be played in PA so there will be a broadcast.

It still baffles me how the richest team in the league doesn't have the infrastructure to broadcast from their practice facility, nor cares enough about these games to host them at MSG.

Another reminder how ridiculous the NHL is for not recognising European hockey as professional hockey.

I think that's very true and Edstrom had played top level hockey in Sweden for like 4 years before moving to Hartford last year. All that said I don't mind seeing him here. Definitely should be one of our better players. One I wouldn't have expected was Garand. Robertson too but not so much. The Rangers D then would only have one signed guy Mancini if he weren't. The others are AHL contracts and tryouts.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
agreed lass than typical, but this weeks' roster does include Murray and van Vliet,
(per HockeyDB) both 6'3" 200+# undrafted LHD
Van Vliet, 20, played in OHL last year, eligible for over-ager season I believe
Murray is 22,, had 1 pro season, last year, between AHL/ECHL, following an overage OHL season '22-23

(also Pack signed DuFort, 21, played in Q last season)

FYI it seems Van Vliet is expected back in OHL for overage season,.

Niagara traded a 3rd, a 4th and a 5th for him a few weeks ago

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Edstrom should be using this to get his sea legs in and work on his puck protection. I can see why no Rempe, keep the side show away for now.

Play Mancini half the game. Let's see what he's got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad