Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Possible triple header.

Canes-Rangers 4pm
Vegas-Stars 7pm
Nashville-Canucks 10pm

The NHL never starts a series before all of the other playoff series are over. The Knicks are playing on Monday and Wednesday. The NHL had to change their policy.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013

Possible triple header.

Canes-Rangers 4pm
Vegas-Stars 7pm
Nashville-Canucks 10pm

The NHL never starts a series before all of the other playoff series are over. The Knicks are playing on Monday and Wednesday. The NHL had to change their policy.

I am certain building availability is driving this, as well as TV. Round 1 game 7 for NYR was to be on Sunday anyway, so no event gets displaced.

Reactions: yrrebbor

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I am extremely concerned about this series. I just don’t like how we match up against carolina. our 5v5 is so bad and theirs is so good. and our complete and total random defensive breakdowns will kill us.

this will be an incredibly tough series. game 1 will be huge. I hope we play well.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Freddy Andersen quickly becoming Carey Price levels of overrated.

With the way people are speaking about him it’s as if he didn’t just have a so-so series vs the Islanders and has won the last 12 vezinas.
But did you see Andersen make that impossible save against that Romanov HOWITZER!?!? Granted it was about 8 MPH, but he was ON HIS BUTT!

Reactions: haveandare

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Hopefully Dallas and Vancouver close it out, so we can get a 6:00pm game or something

Edit. Never mind

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I am extremely concerned about this series. I just don’t like how we match up against carolina. our 5v5 is so bad and theirs is so good. and our complete and total random defensive breakdowns will kill us.

this will be an incredibly tough series. game 1 will be huge. I hope we play well.

Otoh they need 60 attempts to generate the quality of chances that the Rangers can do in 3.

And they’re one of the softest teams in the league and easily the softest remaining team in the playoffs. If the refs don’t run to their rescue and the Rangers want to bully them, they don’t have the arms to punch back.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

Possible triple header.

Canes-Rangers 4pm
Vegas-Stars 7pm
Nashville-Canucks 10pm

Had a feeling they were waiting on the Knicks result and nothing else.

Whatever. Sunday is good lets roll

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC

I would be more concerned against TML than Carolina, regardless of how tight the series is going to be against CAR (because it should be tight, either way). Is Guentzel a game breaker by himself?
Tight game, tie score, in the 3rd late, both teams giving up nothing; our top end gives us an edge even though the deciding goal will be scored off a 4th liners butt.

They don't have a player that has that natural "Look what I can do, Mom!" as they dangle and dipsy doodle around 5 of our players for a goal.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
There aren't any easy teams left in the 2nd round. The Canes are good for sure, it's not accident that they ended up with so many points. But it's also no accident that we ended up with the President's trophy. It's gonna be a tight series and it can of course go either way, but I like our chances.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Mika Zibanejad was f***ing terrible 5v5 all season long.

However, in the play-offs he looked much better, which is a good thing,.

Yes his 5v5 numbers were lower than expected during the regular season but the fact that he proves that he can elevate his game when the ice shrinks is a clear indication that the "pp merchant" crowd was wrong all season.

Players have down years. On top of that they had their first child. That can affect your rythm.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

With the way people are speaking about him it’s as if he didn’t just have a so-so series vs the Islanders and has won the last 12 vezinas.

I read an article on NHL.com where they previewed the 2nd round and in that article some schmuck said that Andersen is a world class goalie.

Bizarro world.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Carolina has beefed up their offense.

You still want to make sure that they are chasing.

Get the early lead and force them to cheat offensively.

Dummies on defence in Burns, TDA and Skjei can be exposed.

Breaded Fox

Having no plan isn't a plan.
Nov 8, 2010
NJ
The years of Ranger fandom have scarred me. But I'm feeling optimistic here vs. Carolina for some unknown reason

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

For real, he's had a good year and was really good down the stretch. But I've been seeing a general theme of Andersen basically completely mitigates the goaltending advantage the Rangers would've had and I just couldn't disagree with that more.

Andersen is a really good goalie and he COULD have an amazing series. He also, as you said, was so-so against the Islanders and he has a dubious playoff history at best so he absolutely could be mediocre or even bad in this series. Which even at his best, he's still the second best goalie in the series.

It's odd that he's being talked about like he's suddenly prime Roy or something like that and not a guy with a pretty well known playoff pants shitting history.

Reactions: Siddi

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Eh. We won the division, won the presidents trophy and have the best forward, d-man and goalie of both teams.

They can win sure but they’re being wildly overrated as they always are this time of year.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

Possible triple header.

Canes-Rangers 4pm
Vegas-Stars 7pm
Nashville-Canucks 10pm

Reggie Miller gonna score 8 points in 9 seconds again?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Yes his 5v5 numbers were lower than expected during the regular season but the fact that he proves that he can elevate his game when the ice shrinks is a clear indication that the "pp merchant" crowd was wrong all season.

Players have down years. On top of that they had their first child. That can affect your rythm.
No one was wrong. He wasn't as good at 5 on 5 this season as he should have been. That's objectively true, regardless of what he does in the playoffs. People were right to criticize him.

He had a good series against the worst team in the playoffs. Let's see how he does against Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad