Speculation: Rangers Training Camp/Preseason 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I agree about Trouba and Lindy but I think its much deeper. I think Drury is looking at playoff performers so if he can get younger and more physical then names like Bread and Zibs are also among possible changes. I know people will go nuts and call me crazy but if we do not have a good playoff showing this year even Fox could be available. Only guys I near (not totally) off the table are Shesty and Laf.

why would Fox be available? He's signed long term to a good contract and is a top 5 at worst D in the league. Durry would be insanely foolish to trade him unless he was getting the most ridiculous package in return that I can't even make up a plausible scenario.

You lose every single trade with Adam Fox in it if you're the team shipping him out unless Edmonton is deciding to give up on McDavid or something.

Reactions: UnSandvich

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I hope for Rempes sake he actually has made substantial improvements.

If he’s more or less the same player the luster is going to dull really quick. People have time for the goonery until the hockey stuff starts costing you games.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Let's put it this way, it doesn't have to be this teams last shot at it with this core, if they win it this year. I don't think it's bad or gonna cause issues for them to know that. They have had a lot of chances and it's not like Drury has left them hanging each year. He has consistently brought in help while not trading anyone off the roster.

It's their last chance, and that is fair.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
trouba is gone after this year. lindgren likely too.

The issue with Rempe is that he still hasn't demonstrated that he can play hockey. Edstrom has.

It shouldn't be edstrom v rempe but it is. and it's weighted - rempe has a spot, edstrom has to wait for one.
I don’t necessarily agree with this. He’s got good enough hands, and has damn good straight line speed (giant strides).

His biggest issues are transitions, and discipline. Sounds to me like he’s working on that. take that with as much salt as you would like, but at least he’s willing to do the work.

Reactions: bernmeister

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Let's put it this way, it doesn't have to be this teams last shot at it with this core, if they win it this year. I don't think it's bad or gonna cause issues for them to know that. They have had a lot of chances and it's not like Drury has left them hanging each year. He has consistently brought in help while not trading anyone off the roster.

It's their last chance, and that is fair.
I think unless Trouba retakes a massive step back to his 2019 level of play, he’s gone.
Same with Lindgren.

Panarin has 1 more year. Kreider has 1 more year.
Shesty is gonna cost a ton.

Even a cup win hurts. Because our ufa, rfa’s will cost a ton more

I don’t necessarily agree with this. He’s got good enough hands, and has damn good straight line speed (giant strides).

His biggest issues are transitions, and discipline. Sounds to me like he’s working on that. take that with as much salt as you would like, but at least he’s willing to do the work.
I’m sorry good hands? I have yet to see a single example of that. Fighting doesn’t actually require good hands

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I think unless Trouba retakes a massive step back to his 2019 level of play, he’s gone.
Same with Lindgren.

Panarin has 1 more year. Kreider has 1 more year.
Shesty is gonna cost a ton.

Even a cup win hurts. Because our ufa, rfa’s will cost a ton more

I’m sorry good hands? I have yet to see a single example of that. Fighting doesn’t actually require good hands
I said good enough. I didn’t say he was Datsyuk.

The guy can deflect pucks in front of the net, and can put it in when in the right position. That’s good enough to be effective if he can improve on other things

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Reading that really great bio article in the Athletic on Rempe just reinforces what this kid is all about. Hes obsessed with improving.

I really like the kid - I wasnt in love with everything about his game last season, but as I have said you cannot discount the fact that he sparks a ton of energy into the crowd and the team.

With that being said, good on him for pushing to improve. He isnt resting on his laurels and I dont think he ever will. As a fan you gotta love that and im rooting for the kid to make himself a permanent fixture in the lineup at some point, if he and his game deserves it. Why wouldnt you?

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Really weird feeling around the team this season, especially when they’re basically returning the same President Trophy-winning roster.

That being said, I’ve barely paid this offseason any mind and won’t really care how they’re doing until like January. It’s just strange.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
why would Fox be available? He's signed long term to a good contract and is a top 5 at worst D in the league. Durry would be insanely foolish to trade him unless he was getting the most ridiculous package in return that I can't even make up a plausible scenario.

You lose every single trade with Adam Fox in it if you're the team shipping him out unless Edmonton is deciding to give up on McDavid or something.
You only make the deal if it will improve the team. The Fox of the last 2 playoffs was not who we hoped for. In both playoffs he was injured but if he has 3 playoffs in a row like that then he could be available.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
You only make the deal if it will improve the team. The Fox of the last 2 playoffs was not who we hoped for. In both playoffs he was injured but if he has 3 playoffs in a row like that then he could be available.
yeah let's get someone with size and grit!

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I agree about Trouba and Lindy but I think its much deeper. I think Drury is looking at playoff performers so if he can get younger and more physical then names like Bread and Zibs are also among possible changes. I know people will go nuts and call me crazy but if we do not have a good playoff showing this year even Fox could be available. Only guys I near (not totally) off the table are Shesty and Laf.
I don’t think either one of Fox, Panarin or Zibanejad will be in the “first wave” of core change if it’s to come after the season. Trouba, Lindgren, Kakko, Chytil and Vesey are way more likely in this scenario based on where we’re at this time.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
what would an improving trade look like
Well I could throw out a dozen plus hypothetical moves but if they were possible they probably already have been made. Fox has been a very good Dman but if we do not do well in the upcoming season very few if any players will be off limits. I hope Fox and all other Rangers have a great playoffs so this topic does not have to be considered.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Thank you for posting this.

Trouba sounds like he has a huge chip on his shoulder and his intent to prove that his play last season was an anomaly largely due to playing with an injury. Yeah, his feeling might have been hurt but in the way to get himself to proof naysayers wrong with his play going forward , not arguing fairness or unfairness of what transpired around his no trade list and communications with the front office around July 1.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
You are out of your mind if you think this team would ever explore trading Fox

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I've watched so many brutal 4th liners play for this franchise who had no skill, could not contribute on-ice at all and were paid exclusively to hit and fight, and somehow never seemed to do that either. Rempe, whether you think he does anything else or not, hits the crap out of the other team. He wakes the crowd up and the opponents up. And this org. has always leaned a little depressive; they rarely need to be calmed down. Often they need to be reminded the game's underway.

So that's to say, I didn't, don't, and won't mind seeing Rempe on this roster and on the ice this season. We've got guys who suck 5v5 and aren't even fun to watch or listen to. I'll take what I can get.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
A heck of a lot better athletes including some hall of fame hockey players have been traded. Saying the NYR would never consider trading Fox (or any current NYR) may be more insane. If the team and Fox have another disappointing playoff run I believe Drury will be open to moving almost anyone. That doesn't mean he would make a bad trade. Just means nobody is untouchable and if there is a trade that he feels improves the team he will do it. If Colorado made Makar or McKinnon available you do not think Drury would consider it?

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I don't think anyone here hates Rempe. I think he is going to be a great 4th liner, and hopefully he can secure a spot from the getgo.
True....we already have enough bum patting forwards and Rempe gives us a new wrinkle for other clubs to deal with . You get guys finishing checks on the opp D and it is a whole new look for us and it will get us more turnovers ....more scoring chances and more retaliation penalties and more goals .

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don’t think either one of Fox, Panarin or Zibanejad will be in the “first wave” of core change if it’s to come after the season. Trouba, Lindgren, Kakko, Chytil and Vesey are way more likely in this scenario based on where we’re at this time.

I think this is pretty much how it will go. The players the Rangers have in their system aren't the top end that are going to replace our best players but some of them--Othmann, Berard might be good enough to push themselves onto our 3rd line and give it a bit more bite than say Chytil or Kakko and for a lot less cap space......and I don't think we should want to hold young guys back too much. Also moving Kakko and Chytil out either allows us to fill other holes or replenishes our draft/young prospect pools. I think we also have a bunch of potential bottom 6 guys to make guys like Vesey and Brodzinski redundant for our purposes. Edstrom and Rempe look to me to be the first wave of this.

As for our defense--the only prospect who I'm sure could push his way onto the team in the next couple years is Mancini so it's a little different on D. Saying that there's no way we can continue overpaying Trouba and Lindgren if we're going to be re-signing Igor long term as well as give Lafreniere a big contract.

Zibanejad also might be hard to move right now with a lot of term left and some signs last year he might be starting to decline. I don't really see any decline with Panarin or Kreider. It would be nice though if both of them could up their games when the team gets into the conference finals.

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
If he has one bad season half of HF would be demanding it like usual.
I’d agree it would be highly unlikely and probably a bad move, but the poster is right. He was nothing like his regular season self the last two playoffs. Presumably that’s coincidence or injuries or whatever, but if they see it as a pattern over the next 2 years I’d say they might consider it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad