Speculation: Rangers Training Camp/Preseason 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
You don't trade a top 3 defenseman in the entire league because reasons.Thats asinine when he's clearly not an issue.Even on 1 leg the past 2 years,he was still our best defenseman.Try fixing that glaring issue before you even look at Fox

Reactions: UnSandvich

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think Nicky got a late start in life and in some ways was just thrilled to be an NHL player. He could not only skate fast (lol could he stop?) but he also had a very heavy wrist shot. I do not think Nicky reached his ceiling as a player. I do not think he understood that he had skills to be a better player.

Rempe is in a place where so much is about his fighting and size. This could be a key season for him. Does he become a spot 4th line player or show enough skills to say hey I can play a bigger role?

Fotiu sometimes would surprise goalies with that wrist shot. On the ice he was a wrecking ball and he meant business. The puck would go in deep and he was going as fast and hard to get to it or whoever on the opposition looked like he going to get to it and he could really move.

It was different back then and the Flyers for one were still doing their Broad St. Bully thing and Nicky took on the role as protecter of his teammates and the Rangers really needed him to be just that. He evened that playing field for us. In part I think that was why his skills didn't develop as much as they could have otherwise.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I've watched so many brutal 4th liners play for this franchise who had no skill, could not contribute on-ice at all and were paid exclusively to hit and fight, and somehow never seemed to do that either. Rempe, whether you think he does anything else or not, hits the crap out of the other team. He wakes the crowd up and the opponents up. And this org. has always leaned a little depressive; they rarely need to be calmed down. Often they need to be reminded the game's underway.

So that's to say, I didn't, don't, and won't mind seeing Rempe on this roster and on the ice this season. We've got guys who suck 5v5 and aren't even fun to watch or listen to. I'll take what I can get.

There's a lot to be said for his hitting but also MSG comes alive with anticipation when he takes a shift and when he clobbers someone the crowd erupts and that feeds the team energy IMO. The Rangers record with Matthew in the lineup was 14-2-1.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
A heck of a lot better athletes including some hall of fame hockey players have been traded. Saying the NYR would never consider trading Fox (or any current NYR) may be more insane. If the team and Fox have another disappointing playoff run I believe Drury will be open to moving almost anyone. That doesn't mean he would make a bad trade. Just means nobody is untouchable and if there is a trade that he feels improves the team he will do it. If Colorado made Makar or McKinnon available you do not think Drury would consider it?
put it this way.. if the rangers trade Fox, they're losing the trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad