Larry Brooks: Rangers/Red Wings Trouba Talks Heating up, NYR would retain $2.5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
The flipside to a front office that gets a reputation as not showing loyalty to players is that players are less likely to give teams any kind of hometown discount.
Depends which players you ask. I’m sure Zac Jones isn’t thrilled when the team shows insane levels of loyalty to players worse than him. Laf too

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Any day but if he’s on tomorrow’s then he clears Monday at noon or is picked up

I’m sure Drury knows the list already

If Detroit wants him and he wants to go vs 15 other teams he’s a fool to risk going somewhere less desirable to him
Are you sure we can waive him before Monday? He still has a valid NMC through the end of tomorrow if I understand correctly, so waivers would serve no purpose. Monday the NMC becomes a M-NTC and he could then be waived.

We can waive him before his NMC ends?
I don't think we can. Which is what makes the timing so awful, because we need to resolve his situation before free agency starts Monday. If we can't even waive him until Monday, Tuesday afternoon is the earliest we would have clarity on our cap.

It's also the only reason I even brought up the buyout possibility.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Are you sure we can waive him before Monday? He still has a valid NMC through the end of tomorrow if I understand correctly, so waivers would serve no purpose. Monday the NMC becomes a M-NTC and he could then be waived.

I don't think we can. Which is what makes the timing so awful, because we need to resolve his situation before free agency starts Monday. If we can't even waive him until Monday, Tuesday afternoon is the earliest we would have clarity on our cap.

It's also the only reason I even brought up the buyout possibility.
Good point but if a ufa really wants to sign with NYR they will wait till Tuesday at noon ?

I guess they do that a risk of other teams moving on

Drury could find more than 1 taker if he blocks Detroit ?

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Good point but if a ufa really wants to sign with NYR they will wait till Tuesday at noon ?

I guess they do that a risk of other teams moving on

Drury could find more than 1 taker if he blocks Detroit ?
Going into Monday with absolutely no understanding of exactly how much cap space we’ll have is a complete hamstring scenario we can’t allow to happen. Either something needs to happen by then, or Drury needs to at least know the eventual outcome with extremely high certainty.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Depends which players you ask. I’m sure Zac Jones isn’t thrilled when the team shows insane levels of loyalty to players worse than him. Laf too
Hogwash. Zac Jones is a young guy just hoping for a chance and I'm sure he has a lot of respect for a vet and the team's captain. Same with Laf. The players in that locker room think a whole lot different than the fans.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Contracts and trades are agreed to in principal before becoming official or announced often. I'm sure Drury knows how to handle things.
Until it’s official, you can always get burned. Especially in a scenario when free agency opens up and things become so fluid.

Going into free agency with one hand tied behind your back is not a good situation.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
It is quite the predicament that Drury won’t be able to waive him until Monday lol, but I wonder if he might get a heads up from a GM on whether they will claim Trouba. I would assume not but that might be a saving grace. And there can always be a deal worked out with Detroit or whoever beforehand. The rangers would be able to go over the cap 10% so I don’t think it would be a huge deal as far as signing someone as long as they have an inkling he would be picked up.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
His wife doesn't help either. She's the one who pushed him out of Winnipeg.
Every family has wants, every single one of them. Not all of them are working with the people that will get those things done.

People ignore that trouba got to the destination that he and his family wanted AND he got a sweetheart contract that even at the time was looked at as an overpayment.

Kurt is a dick, but he is a dick for his clients.

People forget the Ryan Kesler fiasco out of Vancouver to Anaheim? One guess who his agent was that dominated that situation...

Do you know who cutter gauthiers agent is that rocked the flyers?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
For a team that prides itself on an airtight front office, someone clearly screwed this up by letting this news filter out.
Think this is a strategic leak.
Let it start to sink in to Trouba he needs to get his affairs in order, cause 1 way or another, his time here is almost done.
I’m sure he’ll hear speculation, scenarios from talking heads, calls from friends and family. But ultimately he won’t be on the team next year.
I can absolutely see him saying I’m not waiving my NMC, I need time to think/talk over with wife/fam..
Perhaps if this does go south in any way, it pulls another interested party into the fold because now everyone knows he’s publicly available.
No one ever has broken trades or even usually has any credible info of who the FO is targeting since Drury took over, the timing of this leak leads me to believe it’s purposefully done for whatever reasons….

Reactions: irishlaxburger2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad