Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 11.15.19)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Any chance he gets an ELC? Is he even Rangers "property" any longer?

He's still our property, chances of an ELC seem pretty slim.

If I'm not mistaken, Nanne has family within the Rangers organization (or at least did when they drafted him). I think he'll get an ELC because of that. He honestly isn't a bad hockey player. I mean the Rangers did sign Mat Bodie to an ELC. Think they're similar players, except Nanne can play forward.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If I'm not mistaken, Nanne has family within the Rangers organization (or at least did when they drafted him). I think he'll get an ELC because of that. He honestly isn't a bad hockey player. I mean the Rangers did sign Mat Bodie to an ELC. Think they're similar players, except Nanne can play forward.
His cousin is Lettieri. I’m not aware of any other familial relations. I could be wrong though!

He wasn’t invited to Development Camp when some other college guys were, which to me is not a good sign. Still, if he has some sort of monster year he could maybe parlay that into an ATO and then an ELC. Seems very unlikely, though.

Reactions: Joey Bones

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
well i was trying to compare Marc Staal to other NHL players that are his brothers. not someone who was born with ECHL skill. i wonder how he feels about his career.

Before Marc's eye injury, he was one of the best shutdown d-men in the league. He likely would have kept that up if it weren't for his eye injury. The dude is basically skating half-blind out there. Sucks but that's pro sports for you.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

I vaguely remember the same but can't find anything about a family member working for the rangers so not sure if we are thinking someone else...but his grandfather is Lou Nanne who was GM of the north stars from 78-88 so I'm sure he and sather know each other.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I vaguely remember the same but can't find anything about a family member working for the rangers so not sure if we are thinking someone else...but his grandfather is Lou Nanne who was GM of the north stars from 78-88 so I'm sure he and sather know each other.

If I remember correctly, he is Lettieri’s cousin.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Rangers may offer Nanne a contract, depends on their contract scenario

they are very fond of him though (for obvious reasons)

or at least that’s what I’ve been told from someone who is close to Lettieri and Nanne’s family

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
As I said earlier, they didn't bring Nanne to Dev Camp, either. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but who knows.

I think he'll get an ATO, and see where it goes from there.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
As I said earlier, they didn't bring Nanne to Dev Camp, either. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but who knows.

not being invited to prospect camp this year could also be that he's 23 and was drafted 5 years ago...he was there in 2018 (2018 Rangers Prospect Development Camp)

obviously things could change with a big season but going into the year I would have put the chances of the rangers signing him at 0.0%...I could see him signing with Hartford but I think a ELC deal is unlikely. but would be happy for him to prove me wrong this year

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
not being invited to prospect camp this year could also be that he's 23 and was drafted 5 years ago...he was there in 2018 (2018 Rangers Prospect Development Camp)

obviously things could change with a big season but going into the year I would have put the chances of the rangers signing him at 0.0%...I could see him signing with Hartford but I think a ELC deal is unlikely. but would be happy for him to prove me wrong this year
Could be, but they did invite Jones, Newell, and Zerter-Gossage. And while he may be 23, he still only has 2 years of college hockey under his belt. By that measure they also invited guys like Tarek Baker, Alex Whelan, and probably some others I'm forgetting.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

That's true, but my mind was leaning towards Lettieri. Thanks @Edge and @nyr2k2 for clearing that up!!

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Yeah agreed. Despite the long post draft career, think he is deserving of something within NYR organization.

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
Doesnt Nanne also have to pay his own way to dev camp, because NCAA.

blah, blah, blah, 'if he cared about his career he would' blah, blah, blah ....

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Doesnt Nanne also have to pay his own way to dev camp, because NCAA.

blah, blah, blah, 'if he cared about his career he would' blah, blah, blah ....
Yeah but all the other guys were there. Barron, Miller, Ciccolini, Zac Jones, Hughes, Kjellberg, Wall, and Skinner (not sure if he was still committed to school at that point). And it's not as if the Nanne family doesn't have the means to pay for his participation or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad