Rangers Prospect Poll - Summer 2024 - #6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Went Garand, add Mancini. 6 thru 10 is where things get tough. You could make a case for every one of these guys. This is why I like this prospect pool. It's deep and I could see all of these guys having an NHL career.
A lot of teams have a 22yo or two in their top 5, but we have Laf and Schneids graduated. That makes our top 5 look lacking. Our 6-15 is actually pretty impressive compared to other systems. There's a lot of depth to like.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
A lot of teams have a 22yo or two in their top 5, but we have Laf and Schneids graduated. That makes our top 5 look lacking. Our 6-15 is actually pretty impressive compared to other systems. There's a lot of depth to like.
It has to be one of the better prospect pools overall of the contenders in the league.

Reactions: Kendo

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
It has to be one of the better prospect pools overall of the contenders in the league.
Absolutely. We're also one of the youngest teams amongst contenders.

This is why I can't stand all of the negativity on twitter. Very good team, pretty young too, decent enough top end prospects, very good prospect depth, a TON of money coming off the books in two seasons. There are a couple spots to improve, but it takes direct effort to actually be a pessimist about this team.

• Love
Reactions: PuckLuck3043

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Absolutely. We're also one of the youngest teams amongst contenders.

This is why I can't stand all of the negativity on twitter. Very good team, pretty young too, decent enough top end prospects, very good prospect depth, a TON of money coming off the books in two seasons. There are a couple spots to improve, but it takes direct effort to actually be a pessimist about this team.
Twitter is a cesspool and at times this board isn't very far behind.

Reactions: Kendo

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Went Rempe. Generally do this by who has most value both to the franchise and around the league in a trade. Deserves or not think that’s Rempe. Of the remaining guys, he seems like the only one who might be worth a second round pick in a trade.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I went with Laba. 2 things that stand out to me about him:

- He was a 2nd team All-American, which is the same as Gabe Perreault, who is our 1st ranked prospect.
- He scored at a similar rate to Brett Berard, who is our 3rd ranked prospect, in the NCAA, but also won the defensive forward of the year award in his conference.

I have Perreault and Berard above him but, out of all our guys in this tier, I think Laba is the closest to being in the tier above.
Good take - out of this next group Laba has the most “tangible” accomplishments to believe he could develope further than than expected.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Twitter is a cesspool and at times this board isn't very far behind.
This is the best place on the internet to find well informed discussion about the team.

I hate it here, and many of our posters have let their knowledge go to their head such that they genuinely believe they're right on everything, but this is the least bad option.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
This is the best place on the internet to find well informed discussion about the team.

I hate it here, and many of our posters have let their knowledge go to their head such that they genuinely believe they're right on everything, but this is the least bad option.
Every place sucks. People suck. This place and these people suck less on average than most other online spaces.

I'm a long time lurker and barely poster. There are 2 or 3 people around here that are basically right on basically everything. Well, 3 or 4 including me. :naughty:

And to think, we somehow chased away a couple of top tier posters because of the worst of us. You hate to see it. That happens everywhere to an extent, I guess.

So yeah, "This is the best place," and "I hate it here." Sort of like life in general. :D

Ad

Ad

Ad