Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Lightning - November 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Frustrating way to lose but come on the team has been great on the year. Sometimes you lose. Sucks that TB beat us last year too but they got spanked in the final. So it goes. Get back on the horse on Saturday.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Big picture: 14-3-2
Little picture: This game

I dont care about the big picture. The other team was missing 5 starting forwards. ****ing 5. Yandle with a terrible pas. Henrik with a soft first goal (though he was great otherwise). And *******s Stepan and Mcdonagh. You had 4 days off. FOUR. Win a ****ing hockey game

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Brown shouldn't be getting away with the crap he did. Hell, Boyle was getting chippy, too. If not Brown, then surely the marshmallow man.

We have the same problem with the Canadiens.

But what difference does it make? The Rangers were just as, if not MORE chippy than the Lightning were tonight. Especially in the 3rd period.

It's a known fact that imposing your physical will on another team takes away their confidence and builds your teams. Watch hockey for the past few decades and you'll see that.

The Rangers do not have a "will" to impose on the other team with or without McIlrath. It's not their game.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Stepan and Hank ended the winning streak and cost them at least a point.

Absolutely brain dead play by Stepan at that point of the game and a Bernier like goal by Hank. Honorary Malik like assist to Yandle.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I dont care about the big picture. The other team was missing 5 starting forwards. ****ing 5. Yandle with a terrible pas. Henrik with a soft first goal (though he was great otherwise). And *******s Stepan and Mcdonagh. You had 4 days off. FOUR. Win a ****ing hockey game

You should care about it. They don't pick cup winners based on who did or didn't have a bad loss in mid November. Having a good start is the first step toward making the playoffs. Playoffs are the first step to the cup etc. This is a blip on the radar and it's not even arguable.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Stepan and Hank ended the winning streak and cost them at least a point.

Absolutely brain dead play by Stepan at that point of the game and a Bernier like goal by Hank. Honorary Malik like assist to Yandle.

A Bernier like goal by Hank? :laugh:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@RothmanHockey: Elias: Lundqvist is the first #Rangers goalie to allow two goals or fewer in 10 straight road appearances since John Ross Roach in 1930-31.”

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Man I absolutely hate when people say this, like HATE it.

But, guys, this is the first game we've lost in the last 10. Calm down lol

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
But what difference does it make? The Rangers were just as, if not MORE chippy than the Lightning were tonight. Especially in the 3rd period.

Brown was pulling his little stunts with Boyle and McD. And he still was mouthing off too Boyle. A little nugget like that should have gotten a few smacks.

And Boyle was getting into Hayes face, and when Lurch was falling down, he kept yanking on one of our players. In a situation like that, if he were in the line-up, I'd tell McI to enjoy his first fight in the NHL because...it's Boyle.

Carl Swaglin

Apr 23, 2014
Middletown, NJ

The Rangers do not have a "will" to impose on the other team with or without McIlrath. It's not their game.

I guess ignorance is bliss. You have to adapt to win games. Sometimes your game isn't going to always work sometimes big hits or fights fire your team up. What is Boyle honestly bringing right now? 3 points in 15 games, while providing mediocre defense and Barely any physicality. Just letting you know that's the same amount of ppg that Dylan put up last year in the ahl while playing a first pair shutdown role. ( I know ahl<nhl ) but Stu Bickel cam close to that same output that Boyle is putting up right now.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Brown was pulling his little stunts with Boyle and McD. And he still was mouthing off too Boyle. A little nugget like that should have gotten a few smacks.

And Boyle was getting into Hayes face, and when Lurch was falling down, he kept yanking on one of our players. In a situation like that, if he were in the line-up, I'd tell McI to enjoy his first fight in the NHL because...it's Boyle.

Then there's a good chance you wind up with 17 minutes in penalties like Kreider did on Saturday. You have to pick your spots with that kind of stuff, can't be having guys chase after the other team every other game.

The game was 1-1 with a minute and a half left and the Rangers on the PP and toughness was why they lost? lol

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

Boyle ran him 3-4 times along the boards afterwards and he continued to agitate.

This is literally going to happen regardless of McIlrath though.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
If you've played hockey, you may I don't know, you would know it hurts getting hit hard and punched. This throws people off.

If I made $700,000 a year to be a pain in the ass, McIlrath attempting to fight me probably won't stop me.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If you've played hockey, you may I don't know, you would know it hurts getting hit hard and punched. This throws people off.

Somebody actually tracked this over a season, and found that incidents actually happened MORE OFTEN when the other team had an enforcer in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad