Post-Game Talk: Rangers - Kings | SCF | Game 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I think being down 1-3 is indicative of the play of the series. Kings are just better.

Definitely agree overall. But it was nice to see them step up and take one at home. When the Kings are on they dominate the puck.

Obviously, unreal game from Henrik.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Great game by Hank, the rest of the team had their worst game. Whatever, that didn't bother LA to win games they were outplayed in.

Distortion9

Jun 5, 2014
Lindenhurst
Thank God, thank you.

So relieved right now.....forgot how this felt.

Hank had a hell of a game and it was nice to see the team catch some breaks for once.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
All you can hope for now is that the games start catching up to the Kings. They pushed hard in the 2nd half of the game, will that wear them out going forward. They have played a TON of hockey, and hard/tough hockey.

I still gotta say though, watching every single dump in, the obstruction is absolutely unreal. The stick a glove out and grab hold before even turning around EVERY single time. Thats not legal in todays game, yet gets let go.

I'm more worried about all the games catching up to the Rangers. Although in game 1 the Kings dominated the 3rd, and the Rangers came back with a very good first in game 2.

New game Friday, forget about the 3rd tonight.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Maybe, just maybe, this will shut the media up.

Although, I think it will be hysterical if they're talking about how "lucky" the Rangers were tonight, after saying the Ranger fans were full of **** for talking about Kings luck.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Maybe, just maybe, this will shut the media up.

Although, I think it will be hysterical if they're talking about how "lucky" the Rangers were tonight, after saying the Ranger fans were full of **** for talking about Kings luck.

To be fair, the media (especially Mike Milbury) has said the Kings have been lucky quite a bit.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I seriously doubt we come back and win it all, but now at least the Ranger haters can't laugh at us for getting swept. Some dignity at last! :laugh:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
If we win game 6 do we then cause fear?

It is still improbable, but if the Rangers can get to a Game 6 and win to force a Game 7, I'm absolutely crapping myself if I'm a Kings fan. Karma is a funny thing.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Girardi rightfully gets crapped on but he makes SO many little plays in his own zone that get almost zero recognition. The last scramble, Brown gets a rebound and Girardi just masterfully locks Brown's stick down without hooking and Brown's shot is almost completely neutered. I am not saying he hasn't made some big screw ups, he has, but so much of what he does is just thankless.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I think being down 1-3 is indicative of the play of the series. Kings are just better.

Kings were better in the 3rd period of Game 1.

Kings were better in Game 3, and in the periods 2 and 3 tonight.

In Game 2 and every other period, the Rangers outplayed them.

Dan O'Halloran doesn't hand the Kings a free goal and it's a tied up series.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We had a lot more chances last game and the Kings won. The Kings had a lot more chances tonight and we won.

But seriously our team seems a bit gassed--or more gassed than the Kings. Rangers have worn down as the games have gone along with the exception of game 3.

But another but--you win one--you can win again.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
How? We should have won game 2 and game 1 was decided on some stupid bounces.

This series could just as easily be 3-1 Rangers.

Truly it could be. Game 2's result was due to a clearly illegal call by the ref. It was against the rules he was supposed to uphold. Even Kings fans know that, even if some would not admit. Things like that are turning points with high-level competition like a SCF series.

WeWillWinTonight

Apr 2, 2008
NY
Can't stop thinking about a bounce or a big play in our favor in one of the OTs could have changes things a lot goin forward.

Still a lot of work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad