Pre-Game Talk: Rangers in the SENS Den, thurs 7:30 on TSN

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
What do all these posts have to do with tonight’s game?

Speaking of the game, the Sens claimed the crowd was slightly over 10,000. They are full of it.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
I spoke on behalf of him not wanting to leave and his family or wife not wanting to leave. I never said or stated the intentions of the sens trading him or baiting him. Get your facts straight and get over it.

No, you were never that subtle. You said things would happen for sure, and then they didn't. With that goes your credibility. I'm not saying you don't have a source, but I am saying your insider knowledge is useless.

Anyways, are we all thinking that the great captains of the NHL were all super collaborative and fuzzy wuzzy? Messier, Stevens etc? Are we thinking that everyone loved each other on winning teams of the past? That there were no personality clashes?

If a "democracy" doesn't translate to wins, then who cares.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
How dare you hold anyone in Sens management/coaching accountable? It’s clearly never their fault.

It makes absolute zero sense. How can Karlsson tell the team when or when not hold a practice. And if he did, why wouldn’t the coaching staff do something?

Basically it sounds like a crock of shit. :laugh:

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
It makes absolute zero sense. How can Karlsson tell the team when or when not hold a practice. And if he did, why wouldn’t the coaching staff do something?

Basically it sounds like a crock of ****. :laugh:

I think a far more plausible situation is that EK didn't want to practice as much because he was still feeling effects from his surgery and sat out some practices, which maybe some teammates didn't like.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I love magnus. I know hes considered a bust but i think hes a phenomenal 3rd/4th liner.

Good 4th liner yea, nothing more. Saying phenomenal is a big stretch lol. Dan Paille was a phenomenal 4th liner. Rob Neidermeyer, Sami Pahlsson, Travis Moen were phenomenal 3rd/4th liners.

The greatest of all and my all-time fav though was easily: Jaarko Ruutu. Lol I loved that guy so much.

HM: Erik Condra

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Easily the teams best effort of the season. Hopefully that can build off this and but together a good stretch of games.

That Batherson pass was superb and really shows how smart he is. That play stood out, but he makes so many subtle plays that a lot of players don’t see. He’s going to be an incredible player very shortly. Looking forward to when he find that confidence and holds on to the puck a little longer.

Reactions: DrEasy

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

C.J. was quoting an unnamed player and attributed it to Karlsson the leader. It doesn't take an insider to figure out the the toxic environment last year's 30th position team has had (with everything we know).

Since EK walked out on the Toronto media against the Sharks, all of a sudden all these stories are pouring out. Instead of celebrating the greatest player the franchise has ever had on his first game back since the trade, the narrative is already about EK being a dictator. Quite sad and pathetic, Ottawa sports media forever entrenched in mediocrity compared to other Canadian markets.

Reactions: asw and RyCam

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Nice complete game, all lines were dangerous, and the Smith line just smothered Zib's line, had a bunch of bonus offensive zone pressure and scoring chances, and scored to boot!

Love how when the puck doesn't go in for Stone's line this game, Duchene's line picks up the slack.

Ryan had several great chances and man is he skilled with his stick.

Nice evening at the office for Andy, definitely deserved a SO finally.

Hard to imagine that we still have Brown, Chlapik, and Formy to potentially insert into the lineup next year, and that's not to mention Balls, and Norris down in college.

This team is such a pleasure to watch :)

Reactions: asw

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
If you’d told me Tom Pyatt was going to play 14 minutes and I would love it, I would have laughed.

The PSP line was on fire tonight, credit where credit is due. Spent almost every shift cycling it around the offensive zone

Reactions: coladin

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Good 4th liner yea, nothing more. Saying phenomenal is a big stretch lol. Dan Paille was a phenomenal 4th liner. Rob Neidermeyer, Sami Pahlsson, Travis Moen were phenomenal 3rd/4th liners.

The greatest of all and my all-time fav though was easily: Jaarko Ruutu. Lol I loved that guy so much.

Why would you bring up such awful memories? What kind of monster are you?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I love magnus. I know hes considered a bust but i think hes a phenomenal 3rd/4th liner.

Yeah, I don't really have any issue with any of the forwards in particular, my issue is more that we have too many of those bottom 6 guys and not enough middle six guys. Ideally we would be able to get a top line winger and the addition of him and Pageau would be able to just bump everyone down a line.

Also, I wanted to quote these posts to say that I want to get Sweden and Finland jerseys with Paajarvi and Ruutu.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Special players aren't typically 3rd/4th liners.

I'm okay with him being considered a good 4th liner. Above average.

Insert Pageau and remove Pyatt, and that becomes a pretty great 4th line imo.

Chris Kelly, Chris Neil, Van Halen, McGratton - some of my favourite Sens were 3rd and 4th liners

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
What do all these posts have to do with tonight’s game?

Speaking of the game, the Sens claimed the crowd was slightly over 10,000. They are full of it.

were you there?

there wasnt 11000 in the rink. it wasn't close to that. I had a leak after the game, walked to the car in lot 9 and drove out. outta there in no time.

the number of people actually there was embarrassing

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Easily the teams best effort of the season. Hopefully that can build off this and but together a good stretch of games.

That Batherson pass was superb and really shows how smart he is. That play stood out, but he makes so many subtle plays that a lot of players don’t see. He’s going to be an incredible player very shortly. Looking forward to when he find that confidence and holds on to the puck a little longer.

I agree completely

the other superb little play that was superb was the play Tkachuk made in the neutral zone on the play where White hit the post

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I suppose if Karlsson was overriding the coaches, he should also get credit with coaching the team within 1 goal of the SCF? Damn you Dorion, not only did you trade away our star player, but an effective coach too!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad