Proposal: Rangers - Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Would you do it? Some Habs fans say no. Curious to see what the Rangers say.

* Lafreniere
* Rangers 2022 1st
* Rangers 2023 2nd
* Kravtsov
for
* Habs 2022 1st (unprotected)
* Chiarot (50% retention... sign/trade possible)
* Lehkonen
* Rights to Harris

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Just red that NYR might be interested in Toffoli. Don’t know if there is leg to it. Does it even make sense NYR fans?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
What am I looking here? This is absolutely putrid for NYR? You could maaaaybe get Laf and the Rangers 1st for Habs on protected 1st this year and that’s a maybe. The rest is pure nonsense.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This is basically NYR trying to get a big reset on their first overall - Laf. I don't think the organization does this. I'm ok with giving up Kravtsov if he's completely done with this organization but we don't need Harris or Lehkonen, and can't pay Chiarot going forward. There's some question marks on the players going into this draft, so I don't know if giving up all that for a chance at a reset makes sense.

From the other side, it seems like that's a big risk to take going after Laf. Might as well keep your 1st round pick and sell off the other players.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What am I looking here? This is absolutely putrid for NYR? You could maaaaybe get Laf and the Rangers 1st for Habs on protected 1st this year and that’s a maybe. The rest is pure nonsense.

It's kind of comical though. Getting hit from two sides. Some Habs fans are an automatic no as well. Figured it would not go well with other fans but it's in an opposite way.

Personally, I think Lafreniere is worth anybody the Habs can draft in the top 5. Might give the Rangers a shot at drafting a true center and also getting improvements for a playoff run?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Fair but lets not pretend I'm offering junk. That 2022 unprotected 1st gives the Rangers a shot at drafting a true center? Wright perhaps?

sure if we are doing this for fun it’s fair but rangers can’t do it without knowing the Pick

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is basically NYR trying to get a big reset on their first overall - Laf. I don't think the organization does this. I'm ok with giving up Kravtsov if he's completely done with this organization but we don't need Harris or Lehkonen, and can't pay Chiarot going forward. There's some question marks on the players going into this draft, so I don't know if giving up all that for a chance at a reset makes sense.

From the other side, it seems like that's a big risk to take going after Laf. Might as well keep your 1st round pick and sell off the other players.

Thank you for the honest reply. Respect. Fair comments

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
very unbalanced in Habs favor
basically 3 1sts (1OA, 9OA), '22) and a 2nd for a very good pick and some filler

as discussed often, Harris offers NYR nothing, they have B+ LHD prospects, Guhle would tempt more

Lehkonen is a nice but replaceable player too, send Mysak+Tuch instead

but NYR really probably not moving Laf

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

* Lafreniere
* Rangers 2022 1st
* Rangers 2023 2nd
* Kravtsov
for
* Lehkonen
* Rights to Harris

A struggling 1OA, a first, a second, and Kravstov for the lure of Wright, a middle six defender, a bottom six winger, and the rights to Harris?

C'mon man.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

* Lafreniere
* Rangers 2022 1st
* Rangers 2023 2nd
* Kravtsov
for
* Lehkonen
* Rights to Harris
If I’m the rangers, very easy no. Value very clearly favors the Habs.

Unless you change Chairot to Guhle and remove the 2023 2nd.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

* Lafreniere
* Rangers 2022 1st
* Rangers 2023 2nd
* Kravtsov
for
* Lehkonen
* Rights to Harris

Habs aren't giving up their 1st

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Counter offer to give Rangers some depth scoring for the playoff:

:habs
Brendan Gallagher (33% retained) so 4.29M$ cap hit.
Montreal 2022 2nd round pick

:rangers
Vitali Kravtsov

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Counter offer to give Rangers some depth scoring for the playoff:

:habs
Brendan Gallagher (33% retained) so 4.29M$ cap hit.
Montreal 2022 2nd round pick

:rangers
Vitali Kravtsov

NYR can't take back 5 more years of even that cap Hit,
they have Zib and Fox extensions starting on top of Bread, Trouba, Kreider, Shesty,
then RFAs to sign and
the top 2 C spot to maintain, whether Strome extension or someone else

I could see a deal w Habs for Gorton to grab guys he believes in
But i don't see NYR bringing back a vet w term

Mandalorian

Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
NYR can't take back 5 more years of even that cap Hit,
they have Zib and Fox extensions starting on top of Bread, Trouba, Kreider, Shesty,
then RFAs to sign and
the top 2 C spot to maintain, whether Strome extension or someone else

I could see a deal w Habs for Gorton to grab guys he believes in
But i don't see NYR bringing back a vet w term
What about Gallagher at 50%? Rangers can't take on 3.25M$ cap hit for some depth scoring and two way play from one of the best 5v5 player of the couple past seasons?

Worse case you flip him again around 2023-2024 if you see he doesn't move the needle for a Cup run. At that cap hit, he will be easy to retrade.

Mandalorian

Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Why the **** would Montreal do that?
Because they don't need Gallagher during their rebuild since they aren't gonna compete any time soon, and they free some cap space and get a solid prospect who can become a 2nd liner in the futur and has a lot of potential?

What do you expect Montreal to get for Gallagher, Trevor Zegras or something?

Keep thinking we are going to get 2-3 first round pick and a couple of graded A prospect for Chiarot and Allen tho, much more realistic.

Anyway, it seems like it's not even enough for a Rangers fan that already replied.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
What about Gallagher at 50%? Rangers can't take on 3.25M$ cap hit for some depth scoring and two way play from one of the best 5v5 player of the couple past seasons?

I am not deep cap guy,
but NYR also have Goodrow for about that term and Hit, and Lindgren too

as i wrote, i just don't see NYR bringing back a vet w term,
especially if not a C, or a rare young-ish available almost-star opportunity like Chychrun

for better or worse, they already have a lot of Cap commitment for many years
and all the 1st-rounders since '17 to extend
and a deep pipeline on Wing

not saying he couldn't help,
just that its not a fit due to Cap, hockey priorities, and pipeline

Mandalorian

Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
I am not deep cap guy,
but NYR also have Goodrow for about that term and Hit, and Lindgren too

as i wrote, i just don't see NYR bringing back a vet w term,
especially if not a C, or a rare young-ish available almost-star opportunity like Chychrun

for better or worse, they already have a lot of Cap commitment for many years
and all the 1st-rounders since '17 to extend
and a deep pipeline on Wing

not saying he couldn't help,
just that its not a fit due to Cap, hockey priorities, and pipeline
I understand but Rangers are currently 1st in the NHL but 14th in goal scoring, I think they need to add some depth on their 2nd line, when they miss a big piece Kakko goes on their first line..

I know Gallagher has a bad year but the whole team has honestly, he has been a consistent 25-30 goal scorer since 2017. He could provides something they don't have a lot(depth scoring, two-way play) that could help them for the cup, like Coleman or Goodrow did for the Lighting.

3.25M$ cap hit would fit for their window. I think he would be a great add if they want to go deep in the playoff, has Stanley cup final experience from last year.

Anyway I think Rangers would think about it if Montreal was ready to retain heavily on Gallagher.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Because they don't need Gallagher during their rebuild since they aren't gonna compete any time soon, and they some free cap space and a solid prospect who can become a 2nd liner in the futur and has a lot of potential?

What do you expect Montreal to get for Gallagher, Trevor Zegras or something?

Fine, but Kravstov is in Russia and not a player the Habs need. Gallagher being snakebitten aside, he's still a useful veteran and the kind of guy you want to rub off on young players in a rebuild. Paying Gallagher, a 2nd and eating 2.1 mil for 6 seasons for Kravstov makes zero sense for Montreal. If the Habs need futures, they have veterans with actual reported trade value.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Only moving Lafreniere for futures if it’s Shane Wright and I’m not sure even that is a slam dunk. Rest of the deal doesn’t matter

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006

* Lafreniere
* Rangers 2022 1st
* Rangers 2023 2nd
* Kravtsov
for
* Lehkonen
* Rights to Harris
Pass . The Habs have two glaring needs , a center better than Suzuki and an all round puck moving defenceman , there's a very good chance that our first this year fills one of those needs , Lafreniere or Kravtsov fill neither .

Mandalorian

Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Fine, but Kravstov is in Russia and not a player the Habs need. Gallagher being snakebitten aside, he's still a useful veteran and the kind of guy you want to rub off on young players in a rebuild. Paying Gallagher, a 2nd and eating 2.1 mil for 6 seasons for Kravstov makes zero sense for Montreal. If the Habs need futures, they have veterans with actual reported trade value.

Like who? Carey Price and his 10.5M$ contract? Chiarot who is gonna fetch if we are lucky a late first? Petry and his 0 goals in his last 50 NHL games?

Or maybe you think Drouin or Armia can fetch interesting pieces?

The true leader of this room were Price, Weber and Perry. Now you have good leaders like Edmunson and Anderson. There is a reason Gallagher isn't captain even after all those years being in Montreal.

How can you say he is not a player the Habs need? Who the habs have that has top 6 potential and is 6'3 near 200 pounds in their prospect pool? He could become a skilled big body 20 goals 50 points player which we haven't had in a long time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad